Subject: The FAQ is somewhat elderly.

Posted on: April 30 2010 @ 02:41 AM
By: Hairy+Mary

Content:

The FAQ which you link to from the outpost pages is somewhat out of date, with references to PvP amongst other things. Would it be possible to replace it with a link to the Rookie advisory page instead, which I suspect is rather more useful?

Replies:

Re: The FAQ is somewhat elderly.

Posted on: April 30 2010 @ 03:52 AM
By: Xith

Content:

Yeah, I read the effayque when I first joined, and then I was like, "what?!?" after it turned out that half the features in there weren't in the game. >.> Eventually I went to the enquirer and read the Wiki, which is a bit better.

Also, I still do not understand the purpose of "Pub Coupons" for a stay at the Pub.... is that from back in S1 where you supposedly had to get there to be safe from PvP? 'Cuz I have no idea, since I didn't join til S2.

Posted on: April 30 2010 @ 06:07 AM
By: Azhron

Content:

I just assumed the whole thing was a lie to begin with. Although I don't remember why. Only read it for the silly jokes.

Posted on: May 05 2010 @ 04:14 AM
By: Binjali

Content:

I don't have much to say on this except that I agree, and something as simple as taking out the old season one text and putting in a link to the newbwiki is all that needs doing there. I personally wouldn't have found the Rookie Advisory at all except that some kind soul posted a link to it in NewHome. Although by no means do I think we should stop that practice, having the in game FAQ text reinforce instead of confuse would be an easy, neat solution.

The Improbable Island Enquirer - Forum
http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=13778