Subject: Track our Titan Kills

Posted on: October 19 2010 @ 03:22 AM
By: Awesome+Fred

Content:

After the last crazy flood of Titans, I got to thinking, "How many titans have Zpatula and Teh Dave killed?"

The subject line and that are really all this post needs.

Replies:

Re: Track our Titan Kills

Posted on: October 19 2010 @ 01:32 PM
By: Ada

Content:

More relevant I think is how much damage you've dealt to them... that might be a bit much, though.

Posted on: October 19 2010 @ 04:11 PM
By: tehdave

Content:

Quote by: Awesome+Fred

After the last crazy flood of Titans, I got to thinking, "How many titans have Zpatula and Teh Dave killed?"

*Glances at Distractions* I think only about 17 in the last surge..

Posted on: October 20 2010 @ 10:14 PM
By: Zpatula

Content:

Hmmm... lost count. Didn't get many (any?) in that last surge 'cause I was busy wrapping up a DK. Now I'm fresh and rosy-cheeked but no Titans to be found.

I think you should get a medal for killing a Titan, and another for 10, and another for 50.

I'd like a hall of fame track for average DK rank, too.

Posted on: October 20 2010 @ 10:36 PM
By: KimmyMonstah

Content:

I'd like to see a medal or a HoF ranking for this.
The only time I've counted was 24 in one day, just for shits and giggles. Other than that, I'd like to see how many I've downed.

Posted on: October 21 2010 @ 05:15 PM
By: Awesome+Fred

Content:

Eek! My record is 2 titans downed in the past 9 months.

Posted on: October 21 2010 @ 05:17 PM
By: tehdave

Content:

*headpat* It's ok...we all have to start somewhere.

Back on topic: Yeah, I think it'd be nifty to track Titan Killing Blows, or Most Damage Dealt To Titans or something... I like the medals idea, maybe track by killing blows?

Also: an idea to get people who don't normally attack titans to get involved in the takedowns: maybe for everyone that fights a titan for at least X rounds, have them get some sort of minimum compensation, so you don't have a Rookie coming up and fighting a titan for 20 rounds then dying and getting 2 req in the mail later. It's a bit of a turnoff for many people to try so hard and see no reward for it. Maybe have it so you get 10 req/round fought from the titan if it would be more req than the damage you dealt, with a cap to prevent people from fighting a titan at low attack for, say, 10,000 rounds and getting 100k req just from that. Cap it at 5,000 or 10,000 or something, so everyone who goes to fight a Titan gets something out of it, and again: it'd reward everyone who works together to take them out.

Posted on: October 21 2010 @ 06:29 PM
By: Cousjava

Content:

Quote by: tehdave

*headpat* It's ok...we all have to start somewhere.

Back on topic: Yeah, I think it'd be nifty to track Titan Killing Blows, or Most Damage Dealt To Titans or something... I like the medals idea, maybe track by killing blows?

Also: an idea to get people who don't normally attack titans to get involved in the takedowns: maybe for everyone that fights a titan for at least X rounds, have them get some sort of minimum compensation, so you don't have a Rookie coming up and fighting a titan for 20 rounds then dying and getting 2 req in the mail later. It's a bit of a turnoff for many people to try so hard and see no reward for it. Maybe have it so you get 10 req/round fought from the titan if it would be more req than the damage you dealt, with a cap to prevent people from fighting a titan at low attack for, say, 10,000 rounds and getting 100k req just from that. Cap it at 5,000 or 10,000 or something, so everyone who goes to fight a Titan gets something out of it, and again: it'd reward everyone who works together to take them out.

I'll second that. I sometimes go deal a bunch of damage to the titan, get me some req, up to about 1K but I never get in the finishing blow. I spend more time in the jungle then travelling. I like PV and mutants.

Posted on: October 21 2010 @ 07:26 PM
By: Count+Sessine

Content:

Quote by: tehdave

It amuses me when I poke my head into a Titan battle, then bow out because I see someone else has the situation well in hand.

Later, there's a lovely message telling me that for my valiant efforts, I get a reward of 0 reqs. "Have fun with that!"

But, all you guys who come in and smash a Titan into the ground with a few well-chosen blows... do you know how wasteful that is? Think of all the perfectly good fighting practice you could be getting in if you made the fights last longer!

Posted on: October 21 2010 @ 08:30 PM

Content:

Quote by: Count+Sessine

But, all you guys who come in and smash a Titan into the ground with a few well-chosen blows... do you know how wasteful that is? Think of all the perfectly good fighting practice you could be getting in if you made the fights last longer!

*sniff*
But...
But...

Well okay, that does make sense. But it is fun. Plus, then, you get to gloat about it. Razz
I don't gloat very much, but I do about dem Titans!
Not always, that's sort of a joke.
Also, the ones around NewHome, when the Rookies come in, their jaws drop. I shed tears of proudness for the few seconds they go on about it.
And dance.
Dancing is important.

Posted on: October 21 2010 @ 11:45 PM
By: anon

Content:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but can anybody offer any advice on killing/fighting titans? I hear tales of people earning hundreds of thousands of req from them, but all I ever get is a couple of dozen req and an all expenses paid trip to the failboat!

Posted on: October 22 2010 @ 12:03 AM

Content:

Quote by: anon

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but can anybody offer any advice on killing/fighting titans? I hear tales of people earning hundreds of thousands of req from them, but all I ever get is a couple of dozen req and an all expenses paid trip to the failboat!

I should get a job with this helpline.
These'll vary from person to person, so Imma just give you the advice I usually give out.
Okay.
First off, you do actually need some Drive Kills under your belt.
Second off, Midget or Joker for a race are usually good. Midgets have Midget RAEG, and if you're Jokering, just pick a good day.
Third, your weapon of destructive choice. Plasma Guns or Sun Guns are usually what I'll use. Sun Guns require more reloading, but they're more powerful, and I've been using those more often.
Fourth! BUFFS. On my list of Buffs That Actually Matter, whilst Titan Killing, I've usually got a Gargle Blaster, a Cigarette smoked, some Tigger Balm, and my Clan's Aura. DEPENDING ON MY STATS, I can get a good buff from this. Recently with Joker, and the Sun Gun, but without the Tigger Balm, my Attack has been something like 104 + 10,000something.
Those buffs + Four rounds of Midget RAEG, however, the last time I was a Midget and actually paid attention, it was about +8000 or so. I haven't done a Midget Run in awhile. Razz

If you can take it out by yourself, you can get 100,000 req or just over.

Posted on: October 22 2010 @ 09:43 PM
By: Zpatula

Content:

I should get a job with this helpline.
These'll vary from person to person, so Imma just give you the advice I usually give out.
Okay.
First off, you do actually need some Drive Kills under your belt.
Second off, Midget or Joker for a race are usually good. Midgets have Midget RAEG, and if you're Jokering, just pick a good day.
Third, your weapon of destructive choice. Plasma Guns or Sun Guns are usually what I'll use. Sun Guns require more reloading, but they're more powerful, and I've been using those more often.
Fourth! BUFFS. On my list of Buffs That Actually Matter, whilst Titan Killing, I've usually got a Gargle Blaster, a Cigarette smoked, some Tigger Balm, and my Clan's Aura. DEPENDING ON MY STATS, I can get a good buff from this. Recently with Joker, and the Sun Gun, but without the Tigger Balm, my Attack has been something like 104 + 10,000something.
Those buffs + Four rounds of Midget RAEG, however, the last time I was a Midget and actually paid attention, it was about +8000 or so. I haven't done a Midget Run in awhile. Razz

If you can take it out by yourself, you can get 100,000 req or just over.[/p]

Does all that actually help?? I've just been beating on them with my fists and a sack full of Ration Packs.

Posted on: October 22 2010 @ 10:31 PM

Content:

Quote by: Zpatula

Does all that actually help?? I've just been beating on them with my fists and a sack full of Ration Packs.

For me? Yes. When I want to blow through a few in a day, or feel like doing a Bastard Rank.
Which is rare. I hate Bastard Ranking because it's a charm killer. The Mutant and Magpie kill you without a moment's notice, and you can't RUN from them without losing anything. You can't even run from the Magpie.
It's good if there's a shitload of them about, you want to make a ton of cash, and if there aren't many other people out and about trying to kill them.

I have just stopped and fist'd them on a good day, but it's slower and I just like to speed through them.

Also, Joe's Diner as a Joker. You can eat as much as you like and never get fat. Big Grin

Posted on: October 22 2010 @ 11:56 PM
By: Bakemaster

Content:

Quote by: Count+Sessine

I often wonder what people think when they come in on a Titan I've been fighting for, oh, a few thousand rounds and counting, and see the stack of damage messages...

Posted on: October 23 2010 @ 12:42 AM

Content:

Quote by: Bakemaster

I often wonder what people think when they come in on a Titan I've been fighting for, oh, a few thousand rounds and counting, and see the stack of damage messages...

I usually roll my eyes once I've seen that somebody else is already fighting one. It means less money for me.
Unless it's a friend or something, then I feel like I'm helping out.
If it's someone who Titan fights a lot, and they didn't get it killed? I'm usually laughing at them until I take it down myself.
If it's Rookies, I grin and feel like I'm showing them how it's done.

Outside of Titan fighting, I'm not so egotistical, but it seems to be something I take pride in. I guess it's a good outlet, unlike other things you could feel proud of.
Like running puppies over. With people, you score points. With animals, you just look like a jerk. Razz

Posted on: October 23 2010 @ 12:55 AM
By: dizzyizzy

Content:

And what if it's someone who's doing their best to raise their various combat levels? Do you laugh at them (me)?

Posted on: October 23 2010 @ 02:15 AM

Content:

Quote by: dizzyizzy

And what if it's someone who's doing their best to raise their various combat levels? Do you laugh at them (me)?

I like you too much to laugh at you, dear Dizzy. Besides, we're usually Bantering.
FRIENDSHIP IS POWAH.

Plus, don't take my laughing too seriously. I laugh at a lot of things.
Like carrots. Or really funny people saying the word "carrot" with the most SRS look on their face, ever.

The Improbable Island Enquirer - Forum
http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=18662