Subject: Another Topic About Dwellings

Posted on: March 12 2011 @ 05:18 AM
By: Awesome+Fred

Content:

But I'll keep this one limited in scope.

Very simply, I'd like the option of deleting one of my plots. Not talking about plots where the owner's account got deleted, or taxations, or anything like that. I as the owner of my dwelling want the ability to remove my dwelling and claim to the spot. I decided I didn't want it anymore.

Replies:

Re: Another Topic About Dwellings

Posted on: March 12 2011 @ 11:01 AM
By: Count+Sessine

Content:

Quote by: Awesome+Fred

But I'll keep this one limited in scope.

Very simply, I'd like the option of deleting one of my plots. Not talking about plots where the owner's account got deleted, or taxations, or anything like that. I as the owner of my dwelling want the ability to remove my dwelling and claim to the spot. I decided I didn't want it anymore.

Contact me if you need something like this. I can't solve all dwelling problems, they're too complicated. But a simple deletion, or a transfer of ownership -- that I can manage, now.

Posted on: March 12 2011 @ 03:09 PM
By: Awesome+Fred

Content:

Do you mean via petition? Distraction?

Posted on: March 12 2011 @ 10:58 PM
By: Matthew

Content:

I'd like the ability to demolish rooms, and then get the stone/wood used in their construction put into my materials store. It balances out, because then I need to spend the stamina/time rebuilding it somewhere else.

Maybe only be able to demolish a room if it has no rooms branching from it, so there aren't any inaccessible ghost rooms strewn about a dwelling.

Posted on: March 12 2011 @ 11:26 PM
By: dizzyizzy

Content:

or it destroys the entire string.

but yeah that would be awesome. I have at least 3 rooms on one dwelling that aren't necessary.

Posted on: March 13 2011 @ 01:58 AM
By: Iriana

Content:

I'd like to put my vote in for this, too. I only have the one plot, but I'm kind of hesitant about building rooms until I obsessively plan out where everything is going to go--for fear of messing up the room structure, since there's no way to delete rooms. Perhaps if you deleted a room you might get half the materials back, or something like that. Either way, it would be very nice.

Posted on: March 22 2011 @ 01:22 AM
By: Beeps

Content:

A work-around for rooms you don't want any more - Setting the room name to nothing ("") will hide it from the room list. If you ever decide you want a room there, you can lock it, which will put it back in the list, then change the name and unlock it.

Posted on: March 22 2011 @ 01:47 AM

Content:

Quote by: Beeps

A work-around for rooms you don't want any more - Setting the room name to nothing ("") will hide it from the room list. If you ever decide you want a room there, you can lock it, which will put it back in the list, then change the name and unlock it.

It'll still have the "Explore" header if it's the only room.

Posted on: March 22 2011 @ 01:50 AM

Content:

Quote by: dizzyizzy

Interesting! The room option is still, gone, though... Not perfect, but the closest we've got currently.

Posted on: March 22 2011 @ 01:54 AM

Content:

Quote by: dizzyizzy

Interesting! The room option is still, gone, though... Not perfect, but the closest we've got currently.

I'm testing what happens if I build off the room... hopefully nothing bad.

Posted on: March 22 2011 @ 01:57 AM

Content:

Feel free to test any potentially-harmful dwelling changes on the test server.

The Improbable Island Enquirer - Forum
http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=22576