Hey, go look at this:
http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=attributes

Replies:

Re: Memento / Player Stats

Posted on: March 18 2011 @ 08:30 AM
By: Wigs

Content:

So I looked. I liked.
But I started drawing blanks after I read them and the descriptions on the ones that were there.

You're asking for contributions, right? Of the witty genre.
How do you want them presented? Here on the forum? E-mail? In the Enquirer spot?
Just curious in case I or someone else I may bug enough to help think of any, know how to bring them in.

It's okay to post in this thread, right? I'm just early? And not embarrassingly posting where I shouldn't?

Posted on: March 18 2011 @ 09:05 AM
By: Beeps

Content:

I'm a bit confused... The example format makes it sound like these would be +1 to X (made-up) skill, but the list of attributes sounds more like a type of person. Wouldn't you want to have, say, "+1 Acrobatics," rather than "+1 Acrobat?"

Posted on: March 18 2011 @ 09:30 AM
By: Matthew

Content:

I'm confused as to how this would all work. How would you give someone something like this?

Posted on: March 18 2011 @ 10:45 AM

Content:

I thought it was going to be given via Mementos.
I could be wrong.

Posted on: March 18 2011 @ 11:02 AM
By: Hairy+Mary

Content:

As I understand it, when you create mementos, you'll be able to add stats to it, so that the receiver then gets there object and a + to the relevant stat. Then their progress in the various stats will be an indicator of how they're perceived by other players. Sort of like stats for roleplaying rather than for game playing. But like I say, that's just my understanding, so probably completely wrong.

So once they've been gifted, will they be able to be gifted on again?

I do like the idea, but don't have any ideas to add off the top of my head.

Posted on: March 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
By: Twosocks+Monkey

Content:

Wow that's super fun!

I'm cutting myself off. I already added 9.

Big Grin

-Rose

Posted on: March 18 2011 @ 05:23 PM
By: Kuroiten

Content:

Instead of being productive and actually adding any, I've found myself writing descriptions for the existing ones. Eh. I'll add some eventually.

Posted on: March 18 2011 @ 06:05 PM
By: CavemanJoe

Content:

Quote by: Kuroiten

Instead of being productive and actually adding any, I've found myself writing descriptions for the existing ones. Eh. I'll add some eventually.

That's productive! The existing ones need descriptions too. Smile

Posted on: March 18 2011 @ 06:17 PM
By: Reverb

Content:

INCOMING TRAIN!!!

chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga-chugga-whoo-hooooooo!

Oh, sorry,i left my Derailment Train unattended. 'Verb can has like this idea. And (S)He's sorry about them feetnotes. Really.(1)

No, really. I know this game is SRZ BSNZ.

-1 I just realised i spent more time on the layout of that horrible train joke than on the editing of that list. This cannot be a good thing.

Posted on: March 18 2011 @ 06:51 PM
By: Makiwa

Content:

Ooh, this is fun, added a few.

Posted on: March 18 2011 @ 10:13 PM
By: Ashtu

Content:

You all realize, of course, that there are at least forty'leven people trying to edit the Attributes page at the same time. Where's the time-sharing signup?

Posted on: March 18 2011 @ 10:32 PM
By: hajen

Content:

Quote by: Ashtu

You all realize, of course, that there are at least forty'leven people trying to edit the Attributes page at the same time. Where's the time-sharing signup?

no kidding
i dance in, add a few, dance out, think up some more and wait for the next available time slot to open up

actually i'm waiting for you Mr. Green

Posted on: March 18 2011 @ 10:35 PM
By: Ashtu

Content:

Quote by: hajen

actually i'm waiting for you Mr. Green

Tag, you're it!

Posted on: March 19 2011 @ 12:05 AM
By: Rosin

Content:

Tons of people trying to add in at once (everyone who had an idea ever), and a few that keep returning before anyone else can get in (I'm looking at you, shark. I see you circling that wiki page.).

Strikes me as a bit inefficient a way to put the list together, but it does have its merits.. I just can't precisely put my finger on what they are at the moment. Maybe the ability to add descriptions to the (few) descriptionless ones left.

Posted on: March 19 2011 @ 03:23 AM
By: Omega

Content:

Huh. So when I want a totally different description, I just add it in a duplicate name. What if I want to add just a little change?

Edit: On an unrelated note. I have been unable to post in the forums for a good few weeks. It just says I'm not logged in. But it works now, I don't know why.

Posted on: March 19 2011 @ 04:52 AM

Content:

... and X Y Z.

every letter of the English alphabet has an entry now.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to add to the single entry letters (besides X, Y, Z, includes J, U, and V).

I'm especially pleased with the X entry; don't bother trying to google it, instead go to a dictionary site or if not highly motivated, click here.

Posted on: March 19 2011 @ 05:21 AM
By: Kuroiten

Content:

Quote by: hajen

... and X Y Z.

every letter of the English alphabet has an entry now.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to add to the single entry letters (besides X, Y, Z, includes J, U, and V).

I'm especially pleased with the X entry; don't bother trying to google it, instead go to a dictionary site or if not highly motivated, click here.

I accept!

Posted on: March 19 2011 @ 05:27 AM

Content:

Quote by: Kuroiten

I accept!

well played, Sir, well played. Big Grin

Posted on: March 23 2011 @ 08:49 PM

Content:

Now that it's out.
Is there a cut-off to additions.
Because I had always wanted to add Natty Chatty.
For those out there who practically live and breathe the natterspace when others just use it occasionally.

Posted on: March 23 2011 @ 08:51 PM
By: Beeps

Content:

Out of curiosity, what happens to Mementos made prior to these changes? Do they get any sort of "upgrade" option? I've been reluctant to spend what SP I have right now (Which will, of course, lead me to need to donate more shortly) because having icons for mementos had been mentioned in their inception, and I don't want to make a Memento, then have something new come out the next day that means I have to pay for the entire thing again.

Posted on: March 23 2011 @ 09:03 PM

Content:

Quote by: Beeps

Out of curiosity, what happens to Mementos made prior to these changes? Do they get any sort of "upgrade" option? I've been reluctant to spend what SP I have right now (Which will, of course, lead me to need to donate more shortly) because having icons for mementos had been mentioned in their inception, and I don't want to make a Memento, then have something new come out the next day that means I have to pay for the entire thing again.

From what I saw checking the forge, there is an "Add Attribute" option on the mold from a memento I made from the release. I'm not sure if it applies it to the ones already sent out though.

Posted on: March 23 2011 @ 09:08 PM
By: CavemanJoe

Content:

It uses the same system as the Dwelling Memento support - when you apply an Attribute to a Memento mould, it also applies the same Attribute to all the other Mementos in the game that came from that mould.

Posted on: March 23 2011 @ 09:15 PM

Content:

Quote by: CavemanJoe

It uses the same system as the Dwelling Memento support - when you apply an Attribute to a Memento mould, it also applies the same Attribute to all the other Mementos in the game that came from that mould.

Oh! Wonderful!
That makes things terribly convenient for specific ones sent out.
Not the many ones, but still.
Now about that Natty Chatty..

The Improbable Island Enquirer - Forum
http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=22692