Subject: Builders and Beacons: Hide yer Beacons!

Posted on: October 22 2014 @ 08:03 PM
By: Lea.wolfsfeld

Content:

Aaaaaand its me again. Razz

Now I recently I was looking at my beacon and I've been reluctant to turn it on at times because I wasn't fond of having my place opened for 1-4 hours so that everyone can see how unfinished it is even though I've locked it from the map.

Now then. I'm wondering if it would at all be possible to set it up some form of security on it? Make it so that it doesn't show up on the list except for people who has the clearance to use it?

Replies:

Re: Builders and Beacons: Hide yer Beacons!

Posted on: January 04 2015 @ 12:45 AM
By: JonT

Content:

This does seem like a really helpful feature! More power to you!

Posted on: November 02 2014 @ 02:32 AM
By: Full+Metal+Lion

Content:

I concur. However, if only the place owner needs to access the room, no door should be required, as you have teleport access to all your rooms through the Structural Menu

Posted on: October 23 2014 @ 06:32 AM
By: Omega

Content:

Yep! Buddleia's suggestion is the best I could come up with.

Posted on: October 22 2014 @ 08:49 PM
By: Buddleia

Content:

Hm, this might be good to have. There'd need to be some equivalent of issuing keys to named characters, or of programming in something that only lets in those in a particular clan, or whatever.

Meanwhile, I can think of a workaround: make a room that has the beacon and nothing else, so all any nosy visitors can do is click "return to map". Oh, except you'd need to be able to get in there to feed the beacon ... so, either a door that's locked, or that's hidden, or a Warp To Room (and back out) system.

The Improbable Island Enquirer - Forum
http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=32674