Subject: Can someone put the pictures back in the Programming tutorials?

Posted on: November 30 2015 @ 03:58 PM
By: Audax

Content:

Hello, some of the more advanced programming tutorials don't have pictures anymore, can someone reissue or fix that?

Also, can I have some help on room dialogue. Say A & B are having a conversation. Five minutes into the conversation, C enters the room. Is there a way to hide what was previously said from C, but not from A or B? I know it's going to involve memories and thoughts somehow, but I'm not sure how to set it up.

Thanks,

Audax

Replies:

Re: Can someone put the pictures back in the Programming tutorials?

Posted on: November 30 2015 @ 08:05 PM
By: Hairy+Mary

Content:

The pictures have disappeared because the site that was hosting them got rid of them, probably because nobody looked at them in too long.

I still have copies stashed away, but I need somewhere to put them and a while to sort out which picture goes where (they aren't well labeled at all, just have inscrutable names consisting of timestamps Eek!). That second need will take some while, I may get round to it over Christmas, but there's no guarantee. As for the first, shall I just chuck them all in the Gallery of Shame? They don't really fit there very well and there's quite a lot of them.

Alternatively, if somebody else has the stamina to sort it all out then I could just mail you the images. Any volunteers?

As for your second problem, I don't think that's possible. The only real control you have over the chat area is to keep it or delete the whole lot, as far as I know. Could somebody else verify this though? Or even better, refute it.

Posted on: November 30 2015 @ 11:17 PM
By: CavemanJoe

Content:

I can upload them to the Island's FTP if you can sort the filenames out. Then it'd be permanent and reliable.

Posted on: December 01 2015 @ 12:13 AM
By: Count+Sessine

Content:

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

The pictures have disappeared because the site that was hosting them got rid of them, probably because nobody looked at them in too long.

{...}

Alternatively, if somebody else has the stamina to sort it all out then I could just mail you the images. Any volunteers?

**Raises hand.**

Detail-heavy sorting out of images, renaming of files, matching them to dead links? That sounds like my sort of job. Let's talk.

Posted on: December 02 2015 @ 02:00 PM
By: Wongo+the+Sane

Content:

Quote by: Audax

Can I have some help on room dialogue. Say A & B are having a conversation. Five minutes into the conversation, C enters the room. Is there a way to hide what was previously said from C, but not from A or B? I know it's going to involve memories and thoughts somehow, but I'm not sure how to set it up.

This sounds a lot like the Soundproofing option you could get for rooms.
Is that still a thing? (I'm very out the loop on place building these days)

Posted on: December 11 2015 @ 02:08 AM
By: Count+Sessine

Content:

This has now been done. Thanks, CMJ, for hosting these images where they'll be safe!

If someone would care to check my work over, make sure I haven't committed some silly mistake and assigned an image or two to the wrong spot altogether, I'd be much obliged.

Posted on: December 11 2015 @ 10:28 PM
By: Hairy+Mary

Content:

I've had a look over it, and it looks good to me. Nice one!

The Improbable Island Enquirer - Forum
http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=33630