Subject: New Equipment table

Posted on: March 29 2008 @ 06:05 PM
By: CavemanJoe

Content:

Right, I think I've got a handle on how this is gonna work.
In a traditional LotGD game, there are fifteen weapons available to buy every time you kill the Dragon. They all do the same thing - improve your Attack rating. A lv15 weapon at 1dk is as powerful as a lv15 weapon at 100dk's, and the only difference is that the higher DK rating weapons have cooler names. Likewise with Armour. Obviously, I looked upon this and though "Man, that's boring" and installed the Mystical Shop module, electing to use it as a complete replacement for the default weapon and armour shops, and also using helmets, gloves and boots.

Now, the Equipment table needs to be completely rewritten. It was kind of a rush job when I did it, and the Equipment Buffs module (that goes hand-in-hand with the Mystical Shop module and lets you add a primitive AI to each item) didn't work at the time. Well, the Buffs module works now, and we're having serious problems with stock shortages, so I'm starting from scratch.

Another problem I came across was that I'd made everything available to all players, trusting that the prices would regulate the demand for each item. That was silly - now there's no new cool stuff when you go through DK's. Damn.

So, here's what I propose, Weapons-wise at least:
15 weapons for nooblets. No buffs, they just accomplish the standard stuff that stock LotGD weapons do.
10 more weapons for 1DK players. No buffs yet, they do the same sort of thing that weapons do at the moment - affect charm, favour, turns etc.
5 more weapons at each level for 2dk to 5dk players. Simple buffs are applied.
3 more weapons at each level until 14dk. Simple buffs and stat changes are applied.
2 more weapons each DK after that (up 'til 20dk). Complex buffs are applied.

And a similar approach to armour. Gloves, helmets and boots, I've yet to think about properly.

This is going to take a LONG time.

Replies:

Re: New Equipment table

Posted on: March 29 2008 @ 06:19 PM
By: Mightymax

Content:

so you'll "unlock" new better weapons with more DK's?
And they'll still cost req and ciggies right?

Posted on: March 29 2008 @ 06:23 PM

Content:

I'm probably gonna take out most if not all of the cigarette requirements for Weapons and Armour. Those that are left in will be greatly reduced (like, to a tenth of what they are now) and only applicable to very high-dk equipment.
In total, I think I'm gonna end up doubling the number of weapons available to buy, but you're right, they'll be spread out over DK's.

Posted on: March 29 2008 @ 06:27 PM

Content:

Thank goodness. I've never got anything better than a debris thrower because of the ciggie cost. This sounds really cool. Are you just doing to recycle to names of the items and give them abilities or are new suggestions open? Mr. Green

Posted on: March 29 2008 @ 06:36 PM

Content:

Well, there are 48 weapons available now, and I need eighty-odd. I need weaponry of every possible attack level, from pathetic to epic. Even if I do end up recycling every single weapon name from the old list and simply adjusting their stats, I'll still need to come up with another thirty. I've a friend who's a mathematician (and almost as big a geek as I am) who I'll probably be involving with the actual number-crunching in exchange for beer and (more) free hosting.

Some of the weaponry in the current table is gonna come out because it's not very well-thought-out, or boring, or would be better off as a mount instead (like the HRCE).

To avoid spoilers, I'm not gonna disclose the numbers here.

But yes, I'm open to suggestions for weapons and armour. Remember, we need plenty of weapons both good and bad, and there's the possibility of using Improbable Items as weapons for later DK's (go and watch The Lost Room for inspiration).

Posted on: March 29 2008 @ 06:48 PM

Content:

Awesome. Well this is as good a place as any for the suggestions.
Pathetic:
Thumbtack
Rubber band
Rolled up magazine
Sandal
Pillow

Epic:
Large Hadron Collider... we'll figure out what this does in may Mr. Green

...meh i'll brainstorm later.

Posted on: March 29 2008 @ 07:32 PM
By: Velle

Content:

My only concern for if you make a certain type of lower grade weapons for newbies is that they will be even more under advantaged in PvP than they already are. That is to say is at 8 dks you get a gernade launcher as lowest weapon and the newbie gets a pocket knife, they will be down not only in weapons abilities as well as hit points, attack, and defense when it comes to defense in field. Unless you option the new ones out of PvP which would suck for those of us who plays games like this and enjoy that aspect even as a low level player getting our asses handed to us when we take on higher players. Confused

Posted on: March 29 2008 @ 07:34 PM

Content:

Aye - the weapons aren't going to ever go above a certain maximum of hitpoint damage per round, except in the case of things like Chainsaw-Chuks which have a corresponding negative. What I want to achieve is to make the game more interesting, varied and complex for later-DK players, not necessarily to make it easier. Smile

Posted on: March 30 2008 @ 04:09 AM

Content:

Names of things that would be fun to see (this includes mounts as well as weapon and armor names):

The extraordinary Water Cannon Equipped Manta Counter Riot Vehicle. The Manta is the hallmark in Counter Riot / Crowd Control Vehicles. Fully Armored, The Manta Goes where others dare not.

Rip Stop & Twill Budget Battle Dress Uniforms

Multi-Level Military Fragmentation Vests

Bomb Disposal Blankets (this really does exist, I swear...ask google)

Cammo Floatation device (also serves as a seat cushion)

military facepaint (hey it don't really do much to protect ya, but at least you look mean.

A big ass Tank like form the 1940's and WWII and in fact I thing the ol' sarge still in the damn thing.

Schrödinger's Plasma Gun (will it fore or not...never know till you try. Give it a percent chance that the half life hadn't expired and it wont shoot, but when it does... Whoa Nelly!!)

Spherical cows of doom, send ol' Bessy off to chew the cud at your enemy (great mount for midgets)

Pilfered pants hot air balloons for midgets only..using the Janus Article about this.

curved spacetime shield...send the blow off to some poor smuck somewhere out there somewhere else... hey at least it wasn't you.

Inhomogeneous electromagnetic wave equation: dazzle the enemy with your clack board rendition of various equations that make them feel stupid so walk away: Maxwell would be so proud of you..or what the hell is a Lorenz gauge anyways.

***Yes I am married to a physic's uni prof IRL... can you tell?

Posted on: March 30 2008 @ 05:39 AM
By: Rosin

Content:

Pathetic:

Dark ages style torch
subtracts defense due to possibility of being burned

Disembodied Zombie Arm

Rat Flail
With a possibility to give you the plague.

Semi-Epic:

Flame thrower
Could somehow work like the woomph grenade.
4-5Dk

Shoulder Mounted Artillery Cannon
Having an ammo buff in all improbability, but you most likely could smash someones skull with it once its out of ammo.
10DK

Undeniably Epic:

Avenger Mini-Gun
Subtract 5 points of travel and 1-2 fights for having to carry it around, but it would be the most powerful weapon anyone had ever died trying to fire in the history of mankind. With a 150 round buff that represents how much longer you can fire it before it runs out of ammo. With the buff also having a 60%chance of attacking multiple times in one round.
With buff massive attack bonus.
Without buff 0 and -5 def attack for having the ammo can still strapped to your back
Probably 14-17Dk requirement.

Posted on: March 30 2008 @ 10:04 PM
By: Misha

Content:

I'll toss in a few ideas... if even one helps I'll feel accomplished.

Box of crayons - Dull, non-toxic, and the included crayon sharpener just breaks off the tips.

Safety scissors - They barely cut paper, and what's with the holes being so small that you can only fit one finger through each?

Wet towel - It really stings.

French Army Knife - Slightly less famous than its Swiss cousin.

Laser-sighted NERF gun - Deadly accurate. If only it were deadly in the first place.

Ancient Egyptian Book of Curses - You can't read its invocations, but it is really heavy.

Colorless Green Ideas - They sleep furiously, you know.

Semi-automatic pellet gun - You never know, you might encounter a vicious swarm of squirrels.

Laser sword - We could've invented these fifty years earlier if we'd only realized what hamsters can do.

Posted on: March 31 2008 @ 12:44 AM
By: Dutchdoor

Content:

I think there should be a flowerpot and a whale as weapon options. Not sure how one wields a whale, exactly, but I think it should be an option.

Posted on: March 31 2008 @ 03:10 PM
By: Benni+K+Rok

Content:

Weapons

EPIC WEAPON - Yup, this is it, the best weapon ever... now, how does it work again?
Sharp tipped umbrella - Good for both rain and stabbing people, plus there's a good chance you won't get blood on you.
Tire Iron - It could leave a mark
Violin - If the violinists can play bad notes, so can I.
Hired Goons - Various races of mooks, who just attack what you want, and provide a level of deniability.

Posted on: April 01 2008 @ 01:03 AM
By: Rangifer

Content:

Just wanted to point out that "gunblades" were actually built in the 18th and 19th centuries. I saw some on display when I was in Europe a few years ago (probably Germany, maybe England). They sort of sucked, thus never becoming widely used.

And I found a link Smile : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistol_sword .

EDIT: Right. The point of this post was that you're modernizing a piece of historical weaponry, not ripping off an idea from another game. Even though everyone is going to think FFVIII when they see it.Wink

Posted on: April 02 2008 @ 02:27 AM
By: Kakuzu

Content:

My List ( In no particular order .... Sorta) p.s. I didn't look at previous comments

1. Banana peel ( This is a must)
2. Toe-nail clippers
3. Emoticons ( Nooooooooo)
4. Bone ( Probably a femur)
5. THE FORCE
6. Bowlingball
7. Bowlingball pin
8. Slow Internet Connection
9. Belt
10. Pencil
11. Penny
12. Rock
13. Piece of paper
14. Tennis racket
15. Picture Frame
16. {}{}{}{}{} ( No not the brackets)
17. FAT CAT ( Better version of Cat)
18. ACT/SAT
19. Berret
20. Chop Sticks
21. Rose
22. Pieces of glass
23. Some type of sword
24. Dirty Dishes
25. White Glove ( Slap people)
26. Loaf of stale French Bread
27. Clown Shoes
28. Cleats ( I think that's how you spell it)
29. Slingshot ( You could also make this a Mount --- Giant Slingshot)
30.Tie/ Bowtie
31. Bow Staff
32. VCR tape (Nobody uses these anymore)
33. Salt and pepper shakers
34. Fist of Steel
35. Whip
36. Globe
37. Bottle of water
38. Tighty Whities ( Aaahhhhhhhh)
39. Laptop
40. Refrigerator magnets
41. Broken beer glass
42. Football
43. Dirty rug
44. Energy Ball
45. Photon Cannon
46. Scythe
47. Throwing Knives
48. DEMOCRATS CHANGING THEIR OPINIONS ( idk about this one)
49. Attorney
50. String
51. Monkey Wrench
52. G Rated Movies
53. Remote Control
54. Earrings
55. Dip Stick
56. Calculator
57. Rusted batteries
58. Pinapples and cocunuts
59. Anvil ( I personally love this one)
60. Cannon

There is much more to come

Posted on: April 02 2008 @ 02:30 AM

Content:

might wanna leave politics out, since not everyone who plays is from US, unless you wanna include Tony Blair stuff (okay yeah he's out, but hey it doesn't mean we still can't send out a few in his direction) In the vein of the SAT/ACT how about A-levels.

Posted on: April 03 2008 @ 02:55 AM
By: gwazwomp

Content:

Phone book? 'put it on them and then punch the phone book, and you wont leave bruises!'

Posted on: April 03 2008 @ 03:18 AM
By: gwazwomp

Content:

Terminator 'he's back'
Car Aerial 'Ouch that really stings!' (kids use these in gang fights when they need a weapon real quick)
Rolling pin 'mums gonna be angry'
Raw chicken
Frozen raw chicken 'When frozen these are much better at breaking train windows'

Posted on: April 03 2008 @ 04:02 PM
By: capn cheesecake

Content:

armor
pr rep. (makes enemy inflict damage upon themselves rather than you?)
cotton wool (reduces turns but quite good defense)
mirror? (enemy is scared by own reflection)
bikini? (enemy is either entranced by good looks or repulsed - race specific? kittymorphs have bigger benefits than midgets?)
forcefield (blocks attacks until it fails *runs out of buff* and needs recharging?)
leopard skin thong (same as with bikini)

mounts
portal gun (from weapon list above) also serves to teleport between cities?
kangaroo? (also increases attack?)
magical flying carpet? (unpredictable but quicker)

weapons
dynamite? (too close to grenades?)
lady's handbag ("so they ARE filled with bricks!")
vinyl records (shaun of the dead!)
a level physics text book (confuses enemy with equations, also bludgeons)
WOW CD (makes an enemy waste turns)
bow and arrow (noticed this was missing from most lists)
good ol'fashioned rope
candle stick (etcetera in the cluedo theme)
bb gun (maybe scares the thieving midget's away as they think it's real?)
mace/pepper spray (reduces opponents defense rather than attacking?)
frying pan
360 controller (they HURT!)
tennis ball/cricket ball launcher (also causes damage to user)
portal gun (increases probability of escape?)
weighted companion cube!!! (gives a feelgood buff?)
dog thrower?
kinder egg toy (changes every day to give slight variations in attack/defense?)

- sorry if i'm repeating ideas, and most of these will be copyrighted anyway, but some of these might do for the "middle" 2-5 DK's -

Posted on: April 04 2008 @ 01:22 AM

Content:

More ideas for my list ( Remember, I'm just throwing ideas out their)

Weapons and some armor

1. Rat throwing armor ( the perfect defense against cat throwers)
2. Dental floss
3. World Encyclopedia
4. Lavalamp (They hurt when you leave your hand on)
5. Walking stick
6. Broken beer glass
7. Basic weapons like sword, spear, halberd, bow and arrow, axe
8. scissors
9. rope is a good idea
10. An embarrising picture of the enemy
11. foam #1 hand (actually lowers your attack)
12. a can of old spam
13. flamethrower or an aerosol can and a match
14. box of matches
15. fire extinguisher ( Instead of spraying it, you hit things over the head tih it =D)
16. the 7th Harry Potter book (Better version of the DaVinci Code)
17. meter stick
18. cannonball ( Whats the point if there is no cannon)
19. tasser ( I think thats how you spell it)
20. coat hanger
21. Hang Over
22. Large mirror
23. Muffler ( I love this one)
24. Sudoku puzzles
25. Guitar Hero 3 on expert mode
26. Bag pipes
27. sword shooter gun
28. A book of bad jokes
29. harpoon gun
30. flashlight
31. broom
32. Rectal thermometer
33. ( My favorite, better than cat thrower) Summoning of the Cat God

Some armor kinda

1. Football helmet
2. Baseball cap
3. Large Hawiaan mask
4, Gas mask
5. pillow sheet
6. paperbag with holes
7. Astronaut helmet
8. Paper pirate hat

1. styrofoam armor
2. gargbage can
3. large stuffes animal tied around you with a rope
4. mummy costume made of toilet paper
5. swimsuit ( gives you more turns due to weight)

Posted on: April 04 2008 @ 01:26 AM

Content:

I think a UFO mount would be awesome Eek! Eek!

Posted on: April 04 2008 @ 03:09 AM
By: Gwazwomp

Content:

Bubble wrap armour! every time they hit it, they are distracted by how fun it is to pop the bubbles?

Posted on: April 08 2008 @ 02:59 PM
By: Maskman

Content:

Weapons:
Pathetic:
~ Sack o' Smelly Diapers: Reduces # of attacks (due to holding own nose), reduces foe's attack and defense (also due to holding nose). Reduces charm by 2, reduces Watcher Favor by 4.
~ Six-Pack of Warm Sodas: 6 points of blunt-force trauma, but might explode on impact. Can only explode six times a day. If can explodes, reduce future damage by 1 point, randomly blind foe or user (defense de-buff) for 3 rounds. Regenerate each day.
~ Wiffle Bat: Plastic childs toy bat. Stings like mad, but does little harm.
~ Wad of Garlic Gum: Deadly halitosis! Foe defense de-buff of 1, extra damage buff of 2 to vampires/vampire bats. Charm decrease of 3, Watcher favor decrease of 1.

Not so Pathetic:
~ Waffle-Stompers: Really big heavy crampons that attatch to boots. Great for yobs, wannabe yobs, and mountain climbers. Leaves waffle-shaped boot-prints on foes. Decreases travel cost in mountains, reduces Watcher Favor by 1.
~ Power Stapler: Leaves foes firmly afixed to random nearby objects and terrain! Reduces charm by 5 (see Office Space!).

Pretty Spiffy:
~ Power-nailer: Heavy, reduce travel by 2, reduce attacks by 1 due heavy weight. Increaase Watcher Favor by 2 (makes for great TV!).
~ Portable Drill with Auger Bit: Increases Watcher Favor by 3 (Awesome TV!).

Very Darn Spiffy:
~ Dental Drill. 'Nough said; *Everyone* fears this! Foe defense de-buff of 3, charm reduction of 5, Watcher Favor increase of 10!
~ Portable Circular Saw: Woodworkers nightmare - A circular saw without a safety guard! Flee!

Posted on: April 08 2008 @ 10:35 PM
By: Count of S-G

Content:

Somewhat Pathetic
Plastic Vampire fangs - +0 attack, but you absorb all damage dealt to opponents. Increase charm by 3 and wather favor by 5.

Posted on: April 18 2008 @ 12:12 AM
By: Neko Supreme

Content:

So, here's what I propose, Weapons-wise at least:
15 weapons for nooblets. No buffs, they just accomplish the standard stuff that stock LotGD weapons do.
10 more weapons for 1DK players. No buffs yet, they do the same sort of thing that weapons do at the moment - affect charm, favour, turns etc.
5 more weapons at each level for 2dk to 5dk players. Simple buffs are applied.
3 more weapons at each level until 14dk. Simple buffs and stat changes are applied.
2 more weapons each DK after that (up 'til 20dk). Complex buffs are applied.

And a similar approach to armour. Gloves, helmets and boots, I've yet to think about properly.

This is going to take a LONG time.[/p][/QUOTE]

[b]Pretty dang spiffy weapons: (not sure what level they'd come under)[/b]

The Spork: (I'm so surprised no one's mentioned it yet! Or am I just behind on the times? o_O)
The two-in-one, must-have utensil! 'Oo' and 'ah' over its wonderful spiffiness. Despair, all ye owners of mere 'forks' and 'spoons'!

Buffs: Not exactly sure... but perhaps it has the affect of making the enemy despair over the mediocrity of their own cutlery (distraction -adds ability for an extra attact while the enemy is distracted), or dazzling them as the light shines off the spoon in an attractive, cliche'd manner as an unknown voice sings a harmonious jingle to signify the spectacle (again, distraction).

Penguin Shooter
Combining an igloo, gun barrel and arctic creatures, this weapon is a true product of improbability. From whenst they come and to where they go, nobody knows... except, perhaps, the Watcher.

Buffs: Penguin steal! (penguins pick up extra requisition during the fight before they disappear).

[b]Armour etc idea[/b]

Perhaps theme-related armour and weapons? (If there aren't any already)
Such as (continuing with penguin/arctic themeSmile
Snow shoes (less points to travel over certain types of terrain)
Penguin jacket (no, not a tuxedo... some penguins, spurted improbably out of the Penguin Shooter, banded together. They have now taken over your torso as their now home) (some sort of defence buff/long-lasting or higher powered warm fuzzies (...feathery fuzzies?)).
Igloo Cap: a miniature igloo in cap form. Regulates temperature along with sturdy ice protectiveness! (insert random buff here)
Penguin Feather Gloves: Those birds sure can shed. Waste not want not. (insert random buff).

Posted on: April 18 2008 @ 12:13 AM
By: Neko Supreme

Content:

Oh boy. Wish I had/could find an edit function...

Posted on: April 22 2008 @ 06:36 AM
By: Truly

Content:

boots:

*tissue-boxes (lame)

*Monster feet slippers (mid-range) - specifically the ones that made crashing noises with every step you take (man, i want these in real life too)

*pair of cats (mid-range) - to put them on, just stand behind the cat, raise the tail and kick reeeallly hard. travel bonus for the extra legs?

helmets:

*beer-can hardhat (lame)

*upside-down fish bowl (mid-range)

*pointy wizard hat (mid-range)- possibly with a set randomly-generated perk?

weapons:

*bagful of confetti (lame) - dont you just love the idea of ineffectively throwing a handful of confetti at some horrible monstrosity? Oh no, papercuts!

*magic wand (mid-range) - with a set randomly-generated perk? or backfiring?

*improbable cannon (epic) - fires randomly-generated projectiles ranging from live platypusses to crystal balls to doppelgangers and anything in between (but i have no idea if it'd work with the program)

armour:

Portable solid brick wall (mid-range) - could involve a loss of travel or less attack?

swarm of angry bees (mid-range) - could be a weapon or armour depending on the attributes i guess. maybe a minus to defense or an added attack.

force-field generator (epic)

but seriouly, the chainsaw chucks are my favourite EVER. Love it.

Posted on: April 26 2008 @ 07:46 AM
By: Pyro-Dude

Content:

Miniature Deathstar
Attack: 15
Defense: 2
Cost: 21000 req 4 ciggies

Clown shoe
Attack: 4
Charm: -1
Cost: 2200

Hallucinogenic frog
Attack: 5
Buff: Decreases chance of enemy hitting you for a certain number of rounds
Cost: 2600
DK requirement: 2

Posted on: August 11 2008 @ 05:59 PM
By: Gubby

Content:

Someone mentioned Wet Towel. I want to add my support for that one. We're all Douglas Adams fans here, right? Maybe it could have battle-chemicals which you suck on in a corner, allow you to escape from a bugblatter beast of traal, etc.

Ooh, how about this: grass blade (it's a blade of grass).

What about coke+mentos bombs?

Posted on: August 11 2008 @ 06:30 PM
By: Skidge

Content:

All I want is a bowler hat!

Posted on: August 15 2008 @ 06:19 PM
By: Kithlarana

Content:

** I haven't seen all the stuff in the game, forgive me if I repeat, please! Don't beat me with shovels!**

OO WEAPONS!
Boomerang? Perhaps one made of rubber for a low-end, or steel for a high end. Maybe a kittyrang instead; one that has claws and/or fangs, covered in fur, and purrs or snarls. Course, boomerang could also be bombish. (Get it? Boom? Rolling Eyes )

Frisbee! Kinda like the boomerang - plastic low-end, or a razor-sharp titanium edged frisbee that can decapitate (high chance of power move?) for a high-end.

Big Ball of Rubber Bands - # of charges is per rubber band.

I'll vote YAY! for the Wet Towel Idea also.

Skillet or Rolling Pin (I know the pin was mentioned earlier.. can't have a rolling pin without a skillet to match!)

Scones. They're rockish, and make you thirsty.

Oh! And along the food idea; Fruitcake! Perhaps one of the cooks, or maybe even Crazy Audrey, makes Fruitcakes for the Holidays.

Jalepeno Squirt Gun - nasty stuff to get in your eyes. Also available in Lemon!

Anchovie Pizza. Kinda like a frisbee, no? But usually more repelling - unless it's a Kittymorph. (Could also be an enemy)

The Frozen Raw Chicken I love the idea also - heh, Mythbusters. (Could also be an enemy.)

Origami, perhaps? Paper Ninja Stars, maybe, but more along the ideas of Animated Origami Storks, or roses, or even those crazy tetrahedron-things.

Gravedigger's Shovel. Good against Zombies?

OO ARMOURS! (or hats, gloves, boots, or stuff)
I suppose you could have a Physics Term Paper Armour, or a Physics Thesis? to go along with the Physics Book Weapon. Blind them with science!

Beer Hat. Is that what those are called? The ones with two beers on the sides, with straws?

Are there Pot Hats in the game? As in the kitchen Saucepot type of thing. Meh. Maybe not such a good idea, considering the Pothead jokes.

Thumbtacks. As Gloves. Hehe. Wink

Seashell Armour. Could we scavenge stuff from the shore? Kelp, Seaweed, Seashells, Driftwood, Coral..

OO MOUNTS!
Rollerblades/Rollerskates - well, yeah, ok. Prolly not in jungle territories, unless they were modified.. like, the Kittybikes are n stuff.

*Are there any mounts that can reduce movement in certain terrains? Such as Mountain Goats, can reduce mountain terrain from (is it 4?) to, say, 2? Though I suppose this would warrant needing more than one mount you could 'equip'. Which causes the whole 'I am carrying around Dolphins and a Goat and a Camel' thing, which is somewhat disagreeable, considering. I mean really? Who carries around all those?

I think I should stop now.

~ Kithlarana

Posted on: August 16 2008 @ 01:07 AM
By: JtPN

Content:

Quote by: Kithlarana

Scones. They're rockish, and make you thirsty.

I stopped reading. Hilarious and win.

Posted on: August 30 2008 @ 02:37 PM
By: Max+Dougwell

Content:

Here are my suggestions:

LOW-END WEAPON:

Pompoms

Kazoo

HIGH-END WEAPON:

Guitarna (Cross between Guitar and Katana)

Flying Shark Cannon

Pink Rubber Mallet

ARMOR:

Suit o' Bees (No-one wants to hit you)

Emperors Clothes (Invisible AND intangible)

Indiot Clone (They hit it instead)

HATS:

Levitating Hat (It floats just above your head!)

FEET:

Matching pair of socks (rare, even with so much improbability flying about)

MOUNTS:

Tanker on treads (Massive beyond belief)

GLOVES:

Sock-puppets!

Posted on: October 15 2008 @ 05:58 AM
By: Bodoni

Content:

I gotta say, I was quite amused at the weapon "Budget Horse's Tail". Mind you, I'd never want to wield it, but it certainly was something different in the Shack O Shiny.

Maybe we could have player-built mounts, like we have player-built weapons? The Scavenger's Workshop would be a great place to build them. Or maybe in CC404. Some of the mounts could provide buffs each day, while others might heal per travel turn, and others would be just mechanical kittybikes without the cuteness.

Posted on: March 20 2009 @ 10:27 PM
By: duphenix

Content:

I think if you have a severed zombie arm as a low level weapon, then you should have a zombies sans arm as a higher level weapon (or maybe armor since it would make a good meat shield)

And a demon possessed hand might be a frightening touch, especially if it randomly attacked more difficult creatures in the jungle once in a while.

Absolute terror shield would be cool too, your defense goes higher and higher the more damage you take.

Posted on: December 01 2009 @ 04:58 PM
By: Azraile

Content:

I think high DK equipment would be neat too

like after 20 give new items every 5 levels or so

and what about new helmets, gloves, and boots?

Posted on: December 01 2009 @ 06:40 PM
By: g_rock

Content:

Quote by: Azraile

I think high DK equipment would be neat too

like after 20 give new items every 5 levels or so

and what about new helmets, gloves, and boots?

Azraile,
This is a dead season 1 thread, check the dates. This change has already been implemented, check Shiela's after a few DK's.

Posted on: December 01 2009 @ 11:29 PM
By: monsterzero

Content:

EDIT: Is this a dead thread? Whoops!

Weapons:
Lemon Juice in Squeeze Bottle: it's a soft club...or squirt 'em in the eyes!
Piece of Piano Wire: really super pointy, but hard to hold.
Surgical Lipo Vacuum: this really sucks.

Armor:
Cardboard Box: wear it or hold it in front of you.
Impenetrable Ignorance: I custom-named my armor this a few times, but eventually realized that no one else could see my custom armor name. Duh!
Fog Machine: where are you? They're not quite sure!

Mounts:
Rusted-out VW Bug: maybe it runs, maybe it doesn't.
Giant Hamster Ball: as seen in XKCD!
Less-Than-Fully-Operational Death Star: doesn't actually go anywhere or do anything, but you get to pay 500 cigarettes to find that out.

Posted on: December 01 2009 @ 11:37 PM
By: Azraile

Content:

Quote by: monsterzero

Less-Than-Fully-Operational Death Star: doesn't actually go anywhere or do anything, but you get to pay 500 cigarettes to find that out.

SERIOUSLY?

come on... be nice >.<

that unbelievably evil

Posted on: December 02 2009 @ 12:35 AM
By: Zolotisty

Content:

Quote by: monsterzero

EDIT: Is this a dead thread? Whoops!

Yup, it's dead.

Or, well. It was.

Posted on: December 02 2009 @ 03:09 AM
By: Paul+Lo

Content:

*pokes the thread while he still can*

Yep, pretty much dead. Some spasms due to recent electrical activity, but nothing more. Go on to your business.

The Improbable Island Enquirer - Forum
http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=372