Subject: A very fine distinction about Donator Points and S2

Posted on: June 11 2009 @ 01:50 PM
By: Hermein

Content:

For a very long time we've known that DP will move over from S1 to S2. Now with the launch just a few weeks away it finally occurs to me to ask a question about it Wink

Will the DP in the new account be the total that one has in one's account as of the S2 reset and launch? Or will it be the grand total of all the DP that one has ever been awarded? I make that distinction only because I've given away some DP, and I would prefer that those points remain with the accounts that I've sent them to, rather than coming back to me.

Replies:

Re: A very fine distinction about Donator Points and S2

Posted on: June 11 2009 @ 02:53 PM
By: CavemanJoe

Content:

The transferred Donation Points will stay with the person to whom you transferred them, and they'll get to spend them again. Smile

-CMJ

Posted on: June 11 2009 @ 10:47 PM
By: hajen

Content:

another question concerning the donator points: how will they be assigned to the player in SII?
i do not want to use 'hajen' in the new season; i have a different naming convention in mind to use.
i wasn't here for the switch from the pilot to season one, so have no idea how it was done then or how it will be done now. do i (and any other player not planning to use their season one name) need to send a PM to Dan, telling what the new name will be?

Posted on: June 12 2009 @ 12:57 AM
By: Symar

Content:

I would guess, at worst, you could make a new character, and gift your points over to yourself, and then stop playing the copy.

Posted on: June 12 2009 @ 01:39 AM
By: CavemanJoe

Content:

Yes, Hajen - you can PM me and ask me to change your name and login, although it would be less of a pain in the arse to make a new character and gift the DP's over.

Posted on: June 12 2009 @ 06:05 AM
By: hajen

Content:

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Yes, Hajen - you can PM me and ask me to change your name and login, although it would be less of a pain in the arse to make a new character and gift the DP's over.

oh! well i don't want to be a bother and heavens! everyone knows i wouldn't want to be a pain Twisted Evil so it's the new characters, init? Wink

thanks for the quick response

Posted on: June 13 2009 @ 04:57 PM
By: Icklem

Content:

Dear Caveman Joe,
I'm unsure if the system has deleted one of my 'Bloody Distractions' due to bring ill atm, and therefore unable to log on much.

Can I tell which kind soul gave / transferred me 300 donator points - presumably for my b.day as they knew I couldn't afford it?
Yours,
Big Grin Icklem

The Improbable Island Enquirer - Forum
http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=6132