Subject: Saucy's Kitchen in IC - Bring her back please

Posted on: July 08 2009 @ 07:22 PM
By: Jade+XXIV

Content:

There's no restaurant in IC. While I know they are in other outposts, I miss Saucy and her delightful dishes. Is she being retooled and then brought back in the future? I know I can't be the only one that misses their daily trip to Saucy's.

Replies:

Re: Saucy's Kitchen in IC - Bring her back please

Posted on: July 08 2009 @ 07:24 PM
By: K.K.+Victoria

Content:

Immediate onboard.

I went to Saucy every single day, even when I didn't need the turns, just for the vague laugh of her serving whatever anything and me eating it regardless of the side effect or how much food poisoning it was just chock full of.

I WANT SAUCY BACK!

Posted on: July 08 2009 @ 07:27 PM
By: lelila

Content:

Poor Saucy - IC isn't the same without her!

Posted on: July 08 2009 @ 07:28 PM
By: SicPuess

Content:

YES. Just so that I can go stumble in her trash when I'm short on req again. (No, really. I liked that location.)

... ... Maybe add that as an option to the other eateries?

Posted on: July 08 2009 @ 07:30 PM
By: Merlin

Content:

no saucy! sadness, what a shame
It pains me now to hear
that our dear saucy's is no more
a place we all hold dear.

Yes, we could go to cat town
and eat some healthy snacks
or we could get a burger
and suffer heart attacks

But what we want is Saucy's
The myst'ry and the fun
so please bring back our saucys
(this bad rhyme now is done.)

Posted on: July 08 2009 @ 07:33 PM
By: Rosin

Content:

Well said, Mer. I believe that Saucy's was not just an eatery, but a very special place in our hearts, occasionally blocking a few valves.

Posted on: July 08 2009 @ 08:42 PM
By: Bernard

Content:

Hey, you guys, that Koga? Yes, you hear, well that bloody old fool Bernard he misses him, yeah, that too.

Posted on: July 08 2009 @ 08:52 PM
By: Gorbert

Content:

I don't miss Koga, but I do miss the workshop. I don't think that's a negotiable one, though. Dan had his reasons for getting rid of that (don't know what they are, but I'm sure he had reasons).

Posted on: July 09 2009 @ 01:07 AM

Content:

Quote by: Gorbert

I don't miss Koga, but I do miss the workshop. I don't think that's a negotiable one, though. Dan had his reasons for getting rid of that (don't know what they are, but I'm sure he had reasons).

Starting DK's being able to sell scavenged weapons for a lot of money is why.

--I miss Saucy a lot more than everything else in the game!

Posted on: July 09 2009 @ 02:21 AM
By: CavemanJoe

Content:

Clearly the people have spoken. I'll add it to my list.

Posted on: July 09 2009 @ 03:53 AM

Content:

CELEBRATIONOUS!

Posted on: July 09 2009 @ 04:45 AM
By: Giuseppe+Lorenzo

Content:

Quote by: K.K.+Victoria

CELEBRATIONOUS!

Break out the champagne and h'orderves!

Posted on: July 09 2009 @ 06:05 AM
By: Jade+XXIV

Content:

I am extremely happy. Now, on to my bug report. (Sorry, CMJ)

Posted on: July 09 2009 @ 06:12 AM
By: Gorbert

Content:

CELEBRATIONOUS!

Party at CMJ's place!

Posted on: July 09 2009 @ 06:13 AM
By: Giuseppe+Lorenzo

Content:

CELEBRATIONOUS!

Party at CMJ's place!

I'll bring the terrible music!

Posted on: July 09 2009 @ 06:30 AM

Content:

CELEBRATIONOUS!

Party at CMJ's place!

Hell, I'll camp outside of where Saucy's new kitchen will be built and save the Celebrationous for when it opens so I can celebrate it there!

Posted on: July 09 2009 @ 07:16 AM
By: Bernard

Content:

Ah, now, Koga's point is missed, hear this: He's an entrepreneur and he'd do well with another shop somewhere... I miss him and his damn fool ways. Bernard knows why the workshop went.

Posted on: July 23 2009 @ 03:05 PM
By: Bodoni

Content:

I want Saucy's Kitchen back, but I think that it might fit better in AceHigh, as the dishes and results are so random. Perhaps she could have an expanded menu, with some regular dishes (lobster bisque with extra claws? ambush hamster appetizers?) that would give a standard amount of stamina, plus the Chef's Surprises, which would be the old dishes from Season 1, and be as random as Season 1's dishes always were.

I'd like a restaurant in every outpost, please. Even CC404. I don't know if robots and their kin have to eat, but there are enough visitors who want to find Dan's maguffin or who just want to play in the Abandoned Factory that a restaurant could thrive there.

Posted on: July 23 2009 @ 04:06 PM
By: Count+Sessine

Content:

I'd like a restaurant in every outpost, please. Even CC404. I don't know if robots and their kin have to eat, but there are enough visitors who want to find Dan's maguffin or who just want to play in the Abandoned Factory that a restaurant could thrive there.

Robots and their kin currently don't have to eat. Nor do Jokers. Which means they're not allowed to eat... (and currently, they can't even see restaurants to sell meat! But I expect that part will be fixed.)

Not being able to eat makes them very constraining to play. Like wearing a strait jacket.

I realize they're not finished, and will be finished soon, but something you said, Dan, suggested that you're not intending this aspect of them to change: they'll get what they get for stamina each day, and nothing the player can do will allow for any meaningful extensions. I hope that's just a misinterpretation on my part.

If those three races are gaining their sustenance through some non-food means (some kind of power supply for robots/gobots, direct access to Improbability for Jokers) then that relationship with stamina needs to be at least as intricate and interesting to explore as the food/stamina relationship. There should be a skill involved, for each race -- one that improves through use and can be studied.

Those races can be made difficult to play, that's fine. (Especially Joker... that should be a challenge.) But don't make them stamina-crippled.

I am not going to whine about my cleaning/cooking skills -- which I will have raised to at least 60 by the time I start playing Joker. It's all there was to work on. I'll happily start over with an Improbability-related skill if that's available. Multiple ones, even.

Posted on: July 23 2009 @ 04:24 PM

Content:

Quote by: Count+Sessine

Robots and their kin currently don't have to eat. Nor do Jokers. Which means they're not allowed to eat... (and currently, they can't even see restaurants to sell meat! But I expect that part will be fixed.)

Not being able to eat makes them very constraining to play. Like wearing a strait jacket.

I realize they're not finished, and will be finished soon, but something you said, Dan, suggested that you're not intending this aspect of them to change: they'll get what they get for stamina each day, and nothing the player can do will allow for any meaningful extensions. I hope that's just a misinterpretation on my part.

If those three races are gaining their sustenance through some non-food means (some kind of power supply for robots/gobots, direct access to Improbability for Jokers) then that relationship with stamina needs to be at least as intricate and interesting to explore as the food/stamina relationship. There should be a skill involved, for each race -- one that improves through use and can be studied.

Those races can be made difficult to play, that's fine. (Especially Joker... that should be a challenge.) But don't make them stamina-crippled.

I am not going to whine about my cleaning/cooking skills -- which I will have raised to at least 60 by the time I start playing Joker. It's all there was to work on. I'll happily start over with an Improbability-related skill if that's available. Multiple ones, even.

Suppose Drain works to that effect? That old skill from S1? What if instead of it giving health, it's the stamina that you sucked out of another monster while they're still alive?

Posted on: July 23 2009 @ 04:32 PM
By: Zolotisty

Content:

Piping up here to echo what Sessine's said so far. I know Jokers aren't finished yet, and I know there will probably be a super-exciting way for chance to manifest in what I can do every day as a Joker. But. If that's implemented without a way to gain additional stamina, why bother playing Joker at all when you can do more as a character that can gain an additional ~120 - 150% Stamina on a good three-steak day. All the most exciting random buffs in the world will not make that more appealing to me over there with my paltry 105% average starting Stamina. "Play until you tap orange and then log off" = terrible; because as a Joker who likes to travel, this is done in about six to ten minutes.

While I'm here:

Shack prices still need adjusting for the new economy OR we need to reimplement the charm discount. Almost all of the items beyond the basic set are out of reach -- for instance, the SA-SPS-2 armor is now something I can only buy if I grind at 15. I don't need it to kill the Drive and I'm already at 15.. so why bother? It's something I could hock up some DPs for at the beginning of a DK run, sure, but there are better ways for me to spend that money. I'd rather slog for a while for an invisisuit and chainsaw, which do the job just fine.

The Improbable Island Enquirer - Forum
http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=6629