Subject: Banking Limitations

Posted on: September 05 2009 @ 08:41 PM
By: Pinche+Cabron

Content:

I understand the need for limitations on bank transfers in order to keep the game balanced, but I really think that the current system is much too restrictive. I am referring to the limit of 350 req TOTAL per day. I can see the need to limit gifting to 350 per beneficiary per day, but there really should be no limit on the total amount I can give, or at least a higher amount. Something on the order of 3500 req total per day would be an improvement.

I say this because I've reached a hat size where I can no longer put spare req into upgrading my hat. I need to devote DKs to earning req in amounts exceeding 100,000. When I have less than that amount it just goes to waste.

Replies:

Re: Banking Limitations

Posted on: September 06 2009 @ 02:13 AM
By: Zolotisty

Content:

I can almost guarantee you this will not change, because there is a good reason to limit the total amount given out from a single player. Say, for example, I'm running a clan. (I am, in fact. Wink) I can casually create an alt, play it through to bank myself up to 100k, climb up to level 14 or 15 if I'm cocky, then check back for New Days and endlessly give my clan the interest I earn simply by EXISTING, thereby busting the economy and making things shitty for the other players. That happened in S1. There was a lot of (very fun) black market banking. It threw things crazily out of whack.

There will be more things to spend requisition on in the semi-near future. I promise. It will be cool. It will be a New Way of Playing The Game.

Posted on: September 06 2009 @ 02:49 AM
By: XaNe

Content:

Oooh....Well, I still wish I could send more money, but I understand why its limited...but now I'm wondering what those features might be...Time to start saving up my cash...

Posted on: September 10 2009 @ 01:29 AM

Content:

I understand the need for the limits. I'm just asking if they could be raised slightly, somewhere between actually useful and too easy to abuse.

Posted on: September 10 2009 @ 09:24 PM
By: Ebenezer

Content:

New things to spend req on? A New Way to Play?!

This is interesting. . .very interesting indeed. Good thing I'm a patient sort of person or wondering about this would be enough to drive me CRAZY! Eek!

Posted on: September 12 2009 @ 02:09 AM

Content:

I wonder if this has anything to do with Dwellings. A Crate & Barrel and an Ikea in IC? A fru fru antiques store?

Posted on: September 13 2009 @ 10:40 PM
By: Zekiel

Content:

Judging from the deep-rooted fear of appliances and other things-you-find-around-the-house other threads suggest to live among II's playerbase, I reckon people wouldn't enter an IKEA without a small army of mercenaries and the biggest, baddest armour they can think of. It's like venturing into the lion's den, except there's not just 1 lion but a whole warehouse FULL of them.

Posted on: September 14 2009 @ 05:14 AM
By: omenesia

Content:

Quote by: Zekiel

Judging from the deep-rooted fear of appliances and other things-you-find-around-the-house other threads suggest to live among II's playerbase, I reckon people wouldn't enter an IKEA without a small army of mercenaries and the biggest, baddest armour they can think of. It's like venturing into the lion's den, except there's not just 1 lion but a whole warehouse FULL of them.

Agreed. I can imagine a whole lot of the enemies would congregate at an IKEA, the appliances, the pretentious jerks, overfull bookcases, the speeding drivers in their SUVs and chai teas, potted plants, pretty flowers, etc.

I'd bet an IKEA would be scarier than anything else on the island. (Though idly daydreaming, it'd be a humorous way to remake the abandoned factory)

The Improbable Island Enquirer - Forum
http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=8425