Subject: Keyboard shortcut for cig smoking

Posted on: September 30 2009 @ 05:00 PM
By: Tremir

Content:

Pleas Please Please change the shortcut for this, remove it altogether, or have it ask for verification before smoking.
It's the same key used for targeted fighting AND for Coarse insults when targeted is not available, and a single extra click after the monster dies makes you smoke.

For that matter, I vote that the link be moved to the inventory menu and removed from the forest and traveling menus completely.

Replies:

Re: Keyboard shortcut for cig smoking

Posted on: September 30 2009 @ 05:04 PM
By: K.K.+Victoria

Content:

I agree with the smoking, but the inventory screen?

Removed from traveling menus?

Absolutely not! How are you going to access your medical kits to heal yourself while moving around? Or re-equipping grenades?

Posted on: September 30 2009 @ 05:09 PM
By: Tremir

Content:

I think you misunderstood.
I didn't ask for the inventory link to be removed from those screens, I asked for the smoking link to be removed from them, and placed in the inventory screen.
Smoking buff duration is long enough so you don't need to do very often, even if you are using the smoking buff, and having it in the inventory screen instead of the main screens shouldn't be that much of an inconvenience, and it'll prevent a lot of accidental smoking.

Posted on: September 30 2009 @ 05:15 PM

Content:

I entirely misunderstood.

Mulligan!

In this case, I entirely agree with this. Allocating cigarettes to the inventory makes a lot of sense, does it not?

Posted on: September 30 2009 @ 06:50 PM
By: Massic

Content:

It's a long-running topic (smoking hotkeys) but none the less, Thirded

Posted on: September 30 2009 @ 07:32 PM
By: Pinche+Cabron

Content:

Quote by: K.K.+Victoria

I entirely misunderstood.

Mulligan!

In this case, I entirely agree with this. Allocating cigarettes to the inventory makes a lot of sense, does it not?

I agree with Cigs not having a hot key, but disagree with putting them in inventory.

Thirded and a halfed.

Posted on: September 30 2009 @ 07:38 PM

Content:

Actually, to amend myself.

Which would be faster on the server?

I honestly don't really care if the link is in the inventory or not, just as long as it isn't hotkeyed. It more of depends on what the server load handles. Unless it's negligible.

The Improbable Island Enquirer - Forum
http://enquirer.improbableisland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?showtopic=9123