Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Legacy Forums: Season One > Season Two Planning Forum New Topic Post Reply
 Commentary / Talkline icons
 |  Printable Version
Tor NaGoth
 Sunday, January 25 2009 @ 03:49 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Hmmm.. they seem pretty clear on my system (Firefox on a Vista system.) I'm using the improbable donator skin and the only Icon that i have any trouble with is the on/offline status bar. (I noticed that that icon is much clearer in Console skin)

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Sunday, January 25 2009 @ 05:09 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Are you sure, Tor? Look more closely at the curves of the top-hat, for instance. It's only a matter of a few pixels, but at this small scale that's all it takes to produce a serious case of the jaggies.

I'm using the same skin in Firefox on a Mac... there's a reason that Macs still have an edge over PCs with professional graphics designers. Much less of an edge than there used to be, to be sure -- but for one thing, the display hardware is markedly clearer and brighter, making defects such as jaggies easier to catch.

Checking with my old XP system... I see that the damage is not nearly as obvious in the blurrier display. It's still there, though. The original as posted in the Enquirer is noticeably sharper and better looking.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.20 seconds
New Topic Post Reply