Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Legacy Forums: Season One > Season Two Planning Forum New Topic Post Reply
 Test Server Feedback and a minor announcement
 |  Printable Version
SicPuess
 Friday, January 23 2009 @ 04:40 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Buggy Bees are buggy

My mind threw up a few things, I'll go sort them in the wiki page later:

When encountering the Blonde Heiress: Even more slashes in the description. First Attack screen [clicked fight], a normal fight screen [clicked fight], then that. Next screen [fight again] showed the bars properly above the fighting text: Here. Then, she vomited again: See here. The same round the new bees appeared, the new bars were laid over the written text. Also, note the bars stay full.
Browser's Opera, 9.60.

Suggestion: Remove Bars of dead monsters, they're cluttering the page.

Sidenote: Killing 30 (thirty!) Paris Bees was oddly satisfying. But are that much intended? (They actually were quite easy to kill...) I also agree with Hermein on the reward matter: more XP, less Req.

I guess that's mainly due to the debug output, but the screen where the fight had finished had 1100 kB. I hit reload there (nothing else), to check that size again (Without clearing cache. It'd been senseless anyways.), then it sent me a page back (the screen before the last bee was dead), and got stuck there. That was of course badnav.php, and every link just reloaded the page.

Cleared cache and cookies, typed home.php, logged back in. Still stuck on that page. Repeated that, waited for New Day, logged back in. Still stuck. Character in question is Civilian Caroel. Shall I forget her or is there hope?

Profile Email
Hermein
 Friday, January 23 2009 @ 06:09 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Holy Mother of Eyestrain, what is it with you people and your crappy fonts? First CMJ and now you. I'm going to have to get an imageshack account just so I can post a screenshot that doesn't look so nasty, so you can see what you're missing Wink

Anyway, I had the exact same problem of overlapping bars and text, using Safari (which also never displays the combat bars emptying out, a known bug). My complete absence of knowledge regarding fancy web programming (fancy-Dan web programming?) leaves me unable to do anything other than say, waaah! I can't see the text!

Profile Email
Hermein
 Friday, January 23 2009 @ 07:36 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Buggy Bees (at Tinypic, couldn't seem to get Imageshack to give me any love)

Profile Email
SicPuess
 Friday, January 23 2009 @ 07:41 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, January 23 2009 @ 08:19 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Ugh! Hermein, your browser is antialiasing your fonts! It looks like your computer has Vaseline smeared over its monitor, yuk!

Mr. Green

(and yes, folks - Paris will be my testbed for the boss AI routines. You'll likely see some rather unusual behaviour from her.)

Profile Email Website
Hermein
 Sunday, January 25 2009 @ 03:52 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Ugh! Hermein, your browser is antialiasing your fonts! It looks like your computer has Vaseline smeared over its monitor, yuk!

Hmm, how did I get Vaseline all over my monitor? (rub, rub, rub) Ah, that's better. Now my fonts look just beautiful, and, Oh My Bleeding Eyeballs, yours look even worse than before! Well, at least the tears streaming down my face are able to blur the view a little bit.

Just curious about the AI addition; will we have any way to know, when we encounter a Monster, whether it is enhanced in this fashion? Or do we just fight and see what happens? I actually like the surprise, but if I were at low Stamina I might be more inclined to run quickly if I knew that Bees were coming.

Profile Email
SicPuess
 Sunday, January 25 2009 @ 07:01 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

NO! No telling anything about Things Deadly and Things Unpleasant! It's so much more fun that way (I still remember that first time I fought the GTM, and the next time when I tried running.)

A "Something pretty ridiculous is going to happen now/soon", as it is stated in the debug output, would take away at least some of the surprise, and would get folks to preventively OST away from the Things Deadly. But yes, after fighting the creature once, some will anyway... Therefore, it would be awesome if the message ("Aaargh stupid Contestant! You make me sick!") was enabled only if the event already occured at least once.

Also, with the Bees. They are Lv 10. Yet, the greater part of them usually just gets riposted to death. With Caroel, I killed thirty without any problems, and with stamina already low (OK, Jane helped me. Still. It would've been evil if they would poison you additionally! For a negative buff, stamina loss - lethargy, fro example, or anaphylactic shock - , or a constant HP decrease...). And Amarantine (yesialwaysthinkofuniquenamesforthemostdisposablethings) was also able to beat The Heiress and about five Bees without much problems. Of course, it's easier when you know what comes... Suggestion: Less Bees, more Evil. ("A bee stings you. OH GOD. IT WAS IN HER!" Think of One Night in Paris. No, don't.)

Profile Email
Enada
 Monday, January 26 2009 @ 07:19 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I most definatly do not like getting off the failboat with 0% stamina and dieing on my first fight Cry

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Monday, January 26 2009 @ 02:46 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

I'm guessing that's only because this is still a beta, and the multitudinous strange and interesting ways to replenish your stamina when you get off the failboat have mostly not been coded yet.

Or maybe they have... I need to go spend more time over there. Big Grin

Profile Email
SicPuess
 Monday, January 26 2009 @ 04:23 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

There aren't any, in case you used them all before dying. Of course, if you're down to 0%, they're pretty useless anyways. I also don't think that there will be much, if any altogether - it is intended that nobody gets any benefit at all from deliberately getting oneself killed, except for making up the ten percent of XP lost, and that only in case you weren't in the deep orange already. Also, it makes Villain Types (Midget, Zombie, Mutant) suck even more, because they have to do more FailBoat fights, which do cost stamina.

Profile Email
Max Dougwell
 Tuesday, February 03 2009 @ 12:59 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Didn't see this on the Wiki, so decided to ask. I just traversed the island at full stamina, and it cost me nothing in the way of travel points or the like. Intentional?

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Tuesday, February 03 2009 @ 01:19 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Your Stamina prefs array is probably bollocksed. It may be time to make a new character.

Profile Email Website
TheMuffinMan
 Tuesday, February 03 2009 @ 01:28 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I have that as well, buffs removing every single cost when traveling, but it started over all of my counters though (I had some 600 levels in taking damage, for example, and it was back it 0).

Profile Email
Tor NaGoth
 Tuesday, February 03 2009 @ 04:35 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Dou you by chance have knobbly tyres on a scrambler? I think the buff setting is off on that. I ran 500+stamina for 3 days until I sold it so I could actually use up my stamina.

Profile Email
Max Dougwell
 Wednesday, February 04 2009 @ 04:59 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Nope. Just you regular everyday human in a bulldozer.

Profile Email
Hermein
 Saturday, February 07 2009 @ 01:40 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I been blowed up, and it looks like the force of the explosion tore away the last word in the message:

Before the bomb even leaves your hand, it blows up in your face! The explosion causes 346 points!

Points. . . of. . . ?

I'll be resting on the FailBoat until the ringing in my ears fades a little.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.30 seconds
New Topic Post Reply