Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 Malnutrition
 |  Printable Version
Swede
 Tuesday, November 09 2010 @ 12:07 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Thanks Talky, that is a great help.

As for adding the fat, I've looked into it myself and couldn't really find a system behind it.
All I know is from trail and error:
Rat packs/Cheese burgers seem to bring you to your daily fat allowence, best not to eat more than 1/day
Steaks apparently don't increase your fat at all
And the food in SquatHole has more than your daily Fat allowance. Eating one a day over an extended period makes you fat.

If anyone has any idea how to add the fat increase to Talky's sheets I'm willing to help with it.

Profile Email
Omega
 Tuesday, November 09 2010 @ 01:44 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Well. If anybody is interested. I did a quick scour of the game's modules; and I hit gold. Though I'm not sure it would be okay to post what I found. You know, it removes the benefit of the doubt.

But here's some things: When you beat the drive. Your Fullness, Fat and Nutrition all reset to Zero.
All three of those depend on a 100 points counter(Even though some have a negative value.).

You have three imaginary counters: Fullness, Nutrition, and Fat.

Tasty Meat Gives:1 point of Fullness, 1 point of Fat, and 3 points of Nutrition
Half-Decent Meat Gives:1 point of Fullness, 2 points of Fat, and 2 points of Nutrition
Crap Meat Gives:1 point of Fullness, 3 points of Fat, and 2 points of Nutrition

If it IS okay, I can post a list of the possible meals you can have, their Fat, Nutrition and Fullness. And the limits you have for different NewDay messages. Otherwise, it can just rest in peace on my desktop, as a reference.

There are two secrets to success. The second one is to never reveal all your secrets.

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Tuesday, November 09 2010 @ 02:45 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Omega

Well. If anybody is interested. I did a quick scour of the game's modules; and I hit gold. Though I'm not sure it would be okay to post what I found. You know, it removes the benefit of the doubt.

...... it can just rest in peace on my desktop, as a reference.

I, for one, would not want to see it posted on the forum - you're right, it would kill some of the fun. However, it is freely obtainable by fellow geeks (at least, those who enjoy the thrill of the code-hunt), so sharing off-forum should be okay.

Thank you.

Profile Email
Omega
 Tuesday, November 09 2010 @ 03:11 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Ashtu

Quote by: Omega

...... it can just rest in peace on my desktop, as a reference.

I, for one, would not want to see it posted on the forum - you're right, it would kill some of the fun. However, it is freely obtainable by fellow geeks (at least, those who enjoy the thrill of the code-hunt), so sharing off-forum should be okay.

Exactly my point. It's easily accessible for(Most of) those who actually want it. But some people don't want everybody to know about it, because then it won't become a game.

There are two secrets to success. The second one is to never reveal all your secrets.

Profile Email
Anonymous: blob
 Tuesday, November 09 2010 @ 04:25 PM UTC  

SPOILER!
Don't read the next bit if you aren't interested in how code works

For those who are interested in exact values of fatness, the file can be found under modules->staminafoods.php Keep in mind the code might be a bit outdated. But talky's values seem to fit with the code.
If noodly noodles are only worth 2 bytes in talky's scale, then they are even better than cheeseburger. I think they're meant to be worth 4 bytes.
Coffee gives you a stamina reduction (0.8) to all costs and doesn't get you full at all, same as white spring water.
Turquoise spring water gives you reduction (0.5) to hunting trouble for 3 rounds and red spring water gives you a stam reduction cost to fighting (0.5) for 20 rounds, same as the chrimson pitbull.
Fullness, nutrition and fatness get taken from your stamina left over at newday (100% and over, nothing gets taken), so reinforcing or tynan's gym can help you get rid of all your fatness very quickly, but it leaves you drained of nutrition as well and it will make you hungry quickly. Would seem if you don't do anything, you don't need to eat at all either.

(my opinion prior to looking at the code)
I'd just like to point out that for nutrition and fattness, steaks are much better than eating at kebabs'n'shite or Joe's diner and adding a ratpck in the mix in my opinion. Cheaper too, at these prices. Buddleia's advices are always best.

And about tasty meat
I think that the best way to test if tasty meat makes you fat or not is if you keep on giving meat to one player and make him eat just that and end the day after (I'm not saying alt here, so I don't get into trouble), if ending stamina really does have any effect on trimming your fat (or anything else) down.

Content generated in: 0.39 seconds
New Topic Post Reply