Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 Supporter points
 |  Printable Version
Hairy Mary
 Wednesday, February 16 2011 @ 10:49 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Iriana

As for gifting, I think the most important (and most legitimate) use of the gifting module is to help out very new players. If you happen across a Rookie you find friendly, you can send them an item that they can sell for req so they don't have to continue prancing around in frilly pink underwear. Setting a DK minimum on gifting would negate this function.

Sorry, I didn't explain myself very clearly, I was suggesting having a minimum DK level on the gifter, not the receiver.

I hadn't thought of that particular use for gifting Iriana, but you're right that's a very important function of gifting. I recall, long long ago, this were all just fields round here...um, sorry, I mean when I first started one of the big reasons why I stayed was because someone helped me out with gifting and in other ways. It made the whole place feel really friendly and welcoming. That seem's to me to be something to be encouraged, not barred.

What I was thinking in terms of was managing your SP between your various alts so that they can get long bios and custom titles and so on.

Profile Email
Iriana
 Thursday, February 17 2011 @ 02:27 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

...Whoa. Either you edited your post or I'm a very, very poor reader. That makes much more sense to me now, and I think that could be a solution. I think gifting does help build relationships and make friends, which is always good.

Speaking of long bios, they're activated just by having the SP in your account, not by having spent it, so if there were a way to transfer SP between accounts, couldn't you just skip the same 500 points around to all your accounts and unlock the long bio? Is that even a bad thing? I can't really tell.

But I guess if there were a minimum DK level for gifting, then transferring Lodge items between your alts would be made more difficult. Now is that a good or a bad thing? I still can't tell.

Profile Email
Beeps
 Thursday, February 17 2011 @ 02:59 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Iriana

Speaking of long bios, they're activated just by having the SP in your account, not by having spent it, so if there were a way to transfer SP between accounts, couldn't you just skip the same 500 points around to all your accounts and unlock the long bio? Is that even a bad thing? I can't really tell.

Things like this are based on the total points you've had, rather than the current amount. In theory, that should mean that it's a simple matter of increasing the available amount while leaving the total donated alone. That way, you have your points, but it doesn't count as having spent more money for the Isla...
I looked at the code. This isn't the way it's saved. I... What. It tracks the total you've donated, and the amount of that that you've spent. Why would..? Okay, uh... I guess that transferring points could be done by subtracting the amount given from the amount spent. Since it doesn't appear to check if the amount spent is less than 0, so a negative number should still count as having the points if the account has never donated before.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
Makiwa
 Wednesday, February 23 2011 @ 08:03 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Dunno if this has come ups somewhere already but...

What do folks think of being able to gift Chronospheres?

It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.

Profile Email Website
Beeps
 Thursday, February 24 2011 @ 02:34 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Makiwa

There is one flaw with this idea that I can see - You have to wait until new day to get them. At least, if you use the existing gifting system.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
Mongo
 Thursday, February 24 2011 @ 06:20 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Makiwa

I think this could be resolved by making it easier to gift SP's. The 'spheres were the first thing I used SP's for and went crazy and bought eight of them. I have not used more than three at a time, even on a Rally run. It seems more useful to give SP's and the giftee can buy whatever.

If it cant be done, should I stop doing it?

Profile Email
Beeps
 Thursday, February 24 2011 @ 07:43 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

The more I think about it, the more I'm opposed to the idea of being able to trade chronospheres.
If you're using SP to buy them, you may as well just be trading the SP. However, if you're trading ones you've gained from idle time... Well, that's not really 'fair,' is it? Log off for a bit and send days to others. It seems like this would only open up more things that would need to be policed when it comes to alts.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
Makiwa
 Thursday, February 24 2011 @ 09:14 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Beeps

The more I think about it, the more I'm opposed to the idea of being able to trade chronospheres.
If you're using SP to buy them, you may as well just be trading the SP. However, if you're trading ones you've gained from idle time... Well, that's not really 'fair,' is it? Log off for a bit and send days to others. It seems like this would only open up more things that would need to be policed when it comes to alts.

True, hadn't though about that.

It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.

Profile Email Website
Beeps
 Thursday, March 10 2011 @ 12:13 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Don't know what happened with this... It seemed like it got glossed over.

Quote by: Beeps

Quote by: Count+Sessine

Giving money to the Island should be easy.

I did my best based on the code that I could snag from the page. It's ugly, rough, and the image could be done better. But I think it works. Hard for me to test.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.78 seconds
New Topic Post Reply