Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 Merch! DESIGNS UP
 |  Printable Version
Zolotisty
 Saturday, July 16 2011 @ 11:10 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: Raleigh

So what i was thinking would be a simply hysterical variant of this shirt, is if we had the lion in pretty much the same pose, except the flower pot lion instead, so he'd have dirt all over his head and face with a daisy growing out of the dirt mound, and he'd be sitting in an empty flower pot.

We do have lion-and-flowerpot designs. Wink Two versions, in fact. You'll see them when we get to a point where we've run out of a design and need to start printing another.

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Saturday, July 16 2011 @ 02:00 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I have a question about the mug. Is the New Day text printed on only one side? I've used several coffee mugs of that sort, and they don't work for me, as they are designed to display the graphic while being held in the non-dominant left hand, leaving the dominant right hand free for writing, turning pages, et cetra. This works fine until someone comes along who, like me, is left-hand dominant. Then, the design gets displayed to my chest, where neither I nor those around me can enjoy it.

tl;dr: first world problems

Profile Email
Zolotisty
 Sunday, July 17 2011 @ 11:04 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Double-sided. Wink

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Monday, July 18 2011 @ 12:50 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Zolotisty

Double-sided. Wink

Thank you!

Profile Email
Raleigh
 Tuesday, July 19 2011 @ 06:27 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Okay, so i don't know if this is the right place to put this, but i had a GREAT idea for some future merch.

So i know i often have a tough time deciding on things and frequently rely on coin flips to decide for me. So what if we had Improbable Island liscenced Joker coins? How awesome would that be? If they ever go on sale, i'm going to buy one for every pair of pants i own so i always have one with me.

Neko-desu!

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Tuesday, July 19 2011 @ 01:21 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

That's a pretty cool idea, and I already have one side of a Requisition Token graphic'd out.

And, as it turns out, there are a few places that do custom coins... but the minimum run is usually a hundred, and they'd be a bit dear. Like, three bucks each wholesale, so we'd have to be flogging them for like six or seven dollars per coin.

(oho, if I ever get rich... this summer I'm going to build a Clatter machine, and have it run on US quarters or UK 10p's - if I were to make Requisition tokens the same size, how many would it take to fill the hopper and leave enough in hand for satisfying play? If I were to produce these commercially, you'd get a Clatter machine and Requisition tokens with which to play for... ooh, two and a half grand? Wink )

Profile Email Website
Reverb
 Tuesday, July 19 2011 @ 06:31 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

No-no-no-no-no-no, we don't need MORE coins that just might destroy the universe, thankyouverrymuch..

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Raleigh
 Tuesday, July 19 2011 @ 07:08 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Like, three bucks each wholesale, so we'd have to be flogging them for like six or seven dollars per coin.

Ah yes i can see where price could be a fairly substantial risk. but perhaps just do what you did for all the other merch and print a prototype, post pictures and draw attention and pledged purchases, then move on to the production/ distribution phase. blah blah business blah...

Also! If that just really didnt pan out, i was thinking maybe dice instead? the first, (and probably most comercially viable) is simple-ish. Standard six sided die made of glow in the dark plastic, but painted black on the outside, and then the indents where the nubers are shown would go through so they glow when ya roll em. Pretty sweet right?

The second, (and far crazier) version, is as follows: i don't know if anyone remembers "magic 8-balls"? where you'd shake them and the octagonal ball suspended in the liquid would float up and give you an "answer" to your question. Same deal for the dice! They are six sided die, like normal. but they are filled with that same blue suspension liquid and have a much smaller 12 sided die inside of them, and each side of the six sided one has a clear window in it. So should you attempt to roll them, they would come up with a number, but also a random prediction/statement/additional number from the mini-die inside. I know, i know, rediculous. But neat!

Neko-desu!

Profile Email
Zolotisty
 Wednesday, July 20 2011 @ 01:52 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

I've looked into dice as well, Raleigh -- and, like the coins, it's a "five years from now if we're big and famous" kind of thing. Right now, we need to be concentrating on improving the game to draw in more folks, and selling what we've already got. Wink

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Wednesday, July 20 2011 @ 04:23 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

We won't be big and famous five years from now... we might be very big and famous among the sorts of people who enjoy reading Enormous Walls of Text, but that's never gonna be a majority. Wink

Profile Email Website
Raleigh
 Thursday, July 21 2011 @ 02:26 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Ah okay. Well since i already threw my dollars in the hat, i figured i might as well toss my two cents into the forum. Good luck with all the programming stuff anyway! And i cannot wait to finally get my awesome shirt. Big Grin

Neko-desu!

Profile Email
Mongo
 Thursday, July 21 2011 @ 04:54 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: CavemanJoe

We won't be big and famous five years from now... we might be very big and famous among the sorts of people who enjoy reading Enormous Walls of Text, but that's never gonna be a majority. Wink

C'mon CMJ, Have faith in us. There is enough of us out here to make sure in five years we'll be "#1 Best Text-Based Game" in any minority. Nothing wrong with that. There is a lot of us who have put a lot of effort to make sure we're here in five years and at the top of the list.
I've been here for over a year, and have had no need to look elsewhere. Whatever else is out there can get along without me.

Back on Topic: I've got to hang around 'til I get the Lion T-Shirt!

If it cant be done, should I stop doing it?

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Saturday, July 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

..I WANT MY
COFFEE MUG!!!

(so, please, please,
PLEASE
order one for yourself?)

Thank you.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Wednesday, July 27 2011 @ 02:09 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Ashtu

..I WANT MY
COFFEE MUG!!!

(so, please, please,
PLEASE
order one for yourself?)

THIS.

Only without Mr. Furball in it, thank you very much.

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Makiwa
 Wednesday, July 27 2011 @ 07:17 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

..I WANT MY
COFFEE MUG!!!

(so, please, please,
PLEASE
order one for yourself?)

Okay, okay! I surrender. Mug ordered. Laughing Out Loud

It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.

Profile Email Website
Ashtu
 Friday, September 02 2011 @ 10:59 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I GOTS MUGS!!!!!!

Thank you.

Profile Email
Trowa
 Tuesday, September 20 2011 @ 05:40 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Sooooooo..... Did all the mugs get mailed out?

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
thryn
 Wednesday, September 21 2011 @ 12:26 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

If there was an SP reward for buying merch, I'd be on the New Day T-shirt like a shot. As it is, I'll ... quite possibly order it anyway.

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Wednesday, September 21 2011 @ 01:38 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

THE MUG

Thank you.

Profile Email
Trowa
 Wednesday, September 21 2011 @ 01:50 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

THE MUG

Confused Who else got one? Frown I ordered it for my birthday, and that was over three months ago... Cry

Sorry, not trying to whine, even though I'm doing a good job at it. ^^;

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.64 seconds
New Topic Post Reply