Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 The Wiki
 |  Printable Version
Full Metal Lion
 Wednesday, October 17 2012 @ 05:09 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

*While we're on the subject - can anybody tell me why I can't add a title to this page here? All I'm trying to do is add a title "Squathole" at the top and then a link back to the index of pages relating to Squathole at the bottom. It keeps telling me that I'm adding spam. Frown

After delving through the page, I've found the spam filter was tripped as a result of the word "fetish" printed near the bottom of the page. This leads me to believe that the words was added before the spam filter. Anyhow, that's fixed now.

Profile Email Website
Hairy Mary
 Wednesday, October 17 2012 @ 10:28 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Full+Metal+Lion

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

*While we're on the subject - can anybody tell me why I can't add a title to this page here? All I'm trying to do is add a title "Squathole" at the top and then a link back to the index of pages relating to Squathole at the bottom. It keeps telling me that I'm adding spam. Frown

After delving through the page, I've found the spam filter was tripped as a result of the word "fetish" printed near the bottom of the page. This leads me to believe that the words was added before the spam filter. Anyhow, that's fixed now.

Cheers - nice one.

Profile Email
Harris
 Thursday, October 25 2012 @ 09:47 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

The Clans page is alphabetized and fully updated, I have created an Island history link page for stuff that is NOT quests or Museum information (i.e., The advent of Titans, the beginning of Onslaught), and added a link to it to the Wiki start page.

History Mister Stern Doesn't Know

All inspiration for that one came from returning Contestant Jean-Serge!

Holy balls, we have a lot of clans!

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Harris
 Monday, November 05 2012 @ 09:59 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I don't see how a page that is a renamed copy of the "Dramatis Personae" page helps. Lay it out for me?

Profile Email Website
Harris
 Monday, November 05 2012 @ 06:00 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Right- forgot that the "Re:" line doesn't show up in the posts.

My above post refers to Full metal Lion's "persons of interest" page he's just made.

Seriously, dude- whaaaa...?

Profile Email Website
Full Metal Lion
 Tuesday, November 06 2012 @ 03:50 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Well, it goes back to around the time of the original thread, when CID was creating his character page. He made a Dramatis Personae Namespace and then put his page in that, like he suggested. That irked me, because I thought Dramatis Personae should be just a short list, so I moved it to a new Namespace I called "Persons of Interest". This Namespace, however had no start page, making the link to the start page of the Namespace in the upper-left corner all ugly and red. So I made a start page for the Persons of Interest Namespace that listed the contents of said Namespace. And that's how it got to how it is now, as far as I remember.

Profile Email Website
Full Metal Lion
 Saturday, December 15 2012 @ 10:24 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Poking around the wiki, we have the page for Snippets, but then that page has a sub-section for Quotes. The only concrete difference between the two sections appears to be format, and that quotes can only have one line. What is the rationale behind this?

Profile Email Website
Anonymous: Escemfer
 Saturday, December 15 2012 @ 10:33 PM UTC  

Quotes would presumably be, well, quotes: verbal remarks or dialogue made by one person. Snippets, one could then extrapolate, would consist of short exchanges between one or more people, or bits of narrative.

A quote:
"You wouldn't believe how many ladies I've picked up this way." -- Tim

A snippet:
Tim tries to make a dramatic exit, but stumbles over his own feet and falls flat on his face.
Jim says, "Man, that was super smooth."
Tim grimaces into the floorboards. "You wouldn't believe how many ladies I've picked up this way."

--However, I could be putting too much thought into this. We all know how well-thought-out the Wiki is.

Full Metal Lion
 Saturday, December 15 2012 @ 10:42 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Mmm... I feel bit silly now, because you're pretty exactly right and I realized that about five minutes after asking.

Profile Email Website
Full Metal Lion
 Saturday, January 12 2013 @ 03:36 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Hmm... any objections to giving medals their own Namespace, perhaps divided into four sub-Namespaces, besides the effort required?

Profile Email Website
 Saturday, January 12 2013 @ 05:33 AM UTC  

Nmespace would be okay, but sub-Namespaces sounds like overkill. There really aren't that many badges.

In fact, why do the badges need their own pages anyway? The descriptions are all very short. Pile them into one page, call it good.

Saturday, January 12 2013 @ 05:53 AM UTC  

I just piled the descriptions all into one page. Way cleaner than a million links to tiny one-line pages.

Content generated in: 0.78 seconds
New Topic Post Reply