Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 I feel like having a good rant...
 |  Printable Version
CheshireCat
 Friday, May 22 2009 @ 05:05 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I've only ever had two things: PC, and the old red brick Gameboy.

The Gameboy hasn't been seen in about eight years now, and PCs get replaced.

The Island's Most Married Kittyjoker.

Profile Email
Bernard
 Friday, May 22 2009 @ 05:56 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CheshireCat

I only ever play Football Manager on the PC and occasionally, I'll build a house on the Sims. Although, saying that I like Desktop Tower Defence in small doses... I wouldn't mind a game on it now. Therefore I don't really need a games machine.

We appear to have a Wii - but that's not been switched on since Chrimble when I got infuriated trying to get the fucking bastard thing to recognise more than one fucking bastard controller. I suppose, if they brought out a cricket game for it, I may switch it back on. But I won't be trying to get any more fucking bastard controllers recognised, oh no.

Oh, and I had a PS2 but that's not been plugged in for - 4 years and nearly 2 weeks - it's somewhere upstairs.

Profile Email
Giuseppe Lorenzo
 Friday, May 22 2009 @ 06:04 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Bernard

I only ever play Football Manager on the PC and occasionally, I'll build a house on the Sims. Although, saying that I like Desktop Tower Defence in small doses... I wouldn't mind a game on it now. Therefore I don't really need a games machine.

We appear to have a Wii - but that's not been switched on since Chrimble when I got infuriated trying to get the fucking bastard thing to recognise more than one fucking bastard controller. I suppose, if they brought out a cricket game for it, I may switch it back on. But I won't be trying to get any more fucking bastard controllers recognised, oh no.

Oh, and I had a PS2 but that's not been plugged in for - 4 years and nearly 2 weeks - it's somewhere upstairs.

Language!
I'venever had any trouble with my Wii at all, and the manual tells you how to set up additional controllers with the system.

Profile Email
Bernard
 Friday, May 22 2009 @ 06:31 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Giuseppe+Lorenzo

Language!
I'venever had any trouble with my Wii at all, and the manual tells you how to set up additional controllers with the system.

One is eminently aware of the manual.

Profile Email
KimmyMonstah
 Friday, May 22 2009 @ 01:13 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Language!

Men don't read instructions dear. Razz [Ah stereotypes.]

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Friday, May 22 2009 @ 02:05 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: K.K.+Victoria

Quote by: K.K.+Victoria

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Best check out what your options are via GameStop.

If they'll fix it, job's a good 'un. If not - well, if it won't play games, then it's pretty fucked. If you make it worse (IE not responding to power or user input) by attempting to fix it, then it's not like you're much worse off. Smile Get yer screwdrivers out, have a Google for the error code, eBay open in a new tab for spare parts, UNPLUG IT (sounds like the sort of advice only a true moron would require, but you'd be surprised), get stuck in and see what you learn. Wink

Good luck!

Thanks, I'll certainly need it.

Wait wait wait...

Don't open up yer Xbox. Call it in or email it in on Xbox.com, if you have the red ring, the warranty is extended past an expiration due to design flaws in the 360 itself. (Whatever chip it was that they put in causes the overheat issues.) If you do open it, any warranty is voided.

----This has happened to me three times. I have three boxes in my garage. Been lending them to friends who've had it and want to get the box to ship it in fast.

I'm not even going to try to fix it myself. I'll just take it to GameStop and pay for it to be either repaired or replaced.

You shouldn't have to. Register your console on Xbox.com, and then request a repair. It'll be free as long as you state that you have the red ring. They pay for shipping and all that.

It was a refurbished model from GameStop.

But still a faulty product of Microsoft. They may still cover it.

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Giuseppe Lorenzo
 Friday, May 22 2009 @ 03:32 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: KimmyMonstah

Language!

I once read the entirety of a car's owner's manual.

Profile Email
CheshireCat
 Friday, May 22 2009 @ 05:43 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: KimmyMonstah

Language!

It's more fun to figure things out on our own. Razz

The Island's Most Married Kittyjoker.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, May 22 2009 @ 08:28 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Guys, there is a "reply without quote" button, y'know. Wink

Profile Email Website
Bernard
 Friday, May 22 2009 @ 09:30 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Is that right?

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, May 22 2009 @ 10:08 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Is that right?

Apparently.

Profile Email Website
Giuseppe Lorenzo
 Friday, May 22 2009 @ 11:55 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Is that right?

Apparently.

Quoting a shitload of text makes me feel like a rebel.

Profile Email
Giuseppe Lorenzo
 Saturday, May 23 2009 @ 12:09 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Switching to a Different Topic, I would like to share some of my photos with y'all.

PNC Tower by ~uberjoe19 on deviantART

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.10 seconds
New Topic Post Reply