Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 Midget Mafia!
 |  Printable Version
Fergus
 Wednesday, October 14 2009 @ 03:21 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

"It might not just be a lazy Midget, but a mildly smart one. It knew we were waiting for its kill so we'd have one less person to point fingers at rather than four, and didn't kill because of that."
*Sees everyone looking at him like he just said something completely outrageous, like that he had a water buffalo for a mum. Then again, you can never know with this Fergus...*
"Yes yes, I know that a mildly smart Midget seems impossible, but notice how all of us are so normal and smart, using big words, having tea, and being civil. Clearly, this isn't your average strain of Midget."

Profile Email
Max Dougwell
 Wednesday, October 14 2009 @ 03:56 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

It appears everyone is waiting for the Midget to strike, so I'll wrap up the day in an hour.

Profile Email
James Bond
 Wednesday, October 14 2009 @ 04:10 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

*Raises an eyebrow at Tyr, then ticks off on his fingers*

"First: Shifting blame, as in Trying to have everyone think it's not you, ie saying it's Fergus. Second; it's Midget Mafia, THE MIDGET HAS ALREADY KILLED OF COURSE THERE'S A MIDGET! and I agree with what Fergus said on that point. Third: I never actually said that You were the first one to suggest a Mutant, just that you jumped to that conclusion rather quickly, is all, and so on that note..."

*Bond saunters up to the voting hat, and elegantly scrawls "Night 3: Tyr" on his slip.*

Profile Email
Tyr
 Wednesday, October 14 2009 @ 04:18 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

"You, sir, are a blithering, motley-pated bugbear. And townsfolk vote during the day. Mistake? Or careless slip?"

*sighs* "We won't reach a concensus tonight."

*scribbles "Day 3: No vote" and drops it in the hat.*

Profile Email
James Bond
 Wednesday, October 14 2009 @ 04:22 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

*coughs politely, then quotes Max*

"If you Distract me at nighttime, put this in the subject: Night X, Example: Ninja Night 1"

And, I do not believe that anywhere in the instructions does it say "Day X, Example: Ninja Day 1" or any such thing.

Profile Email
Tyr
 Wednesday, October 14 2009 @ 04:26 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

OOC: You're right, it doesn't. But it does say: "The Villagers then vote on the most suspicious person. If a majority is reached, that person will die a horrible and gruesome death by lynching. Immediately afterward, night falls. During the night, players with special powers can use their sneaky moves."

Only players with Night powers (midgets, mutants, kittymorphs) are Distracting Max with Night votes. I only used the Day 1 format because that's how I've seen it done elsewhere. But villagers vote during the day. Only after we vote does it become night.

Profile Email
Max Dougwell
 Wednesday, October 14 2009 @ 06:03 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

End of Day

The night passes without incident. Well, except for Tyr.

In the morning, Tyr was found drowned in a vat of his own cocoa, a surprised look on his face.
The consensus is that with the exception of the expression, it's indistinguishable from suicide. Not a bad way to go, especially considering what else a Midget might do...

Tyr was a Human

End of Night

Last Chance to save yourselves!

Profile Email
talkydoor
 Wednesday, October 14 2009 @ 10:42 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

*Sees the bodied cocoa and pales*

'Ugh, I'm not drinking that stuff again.'

*Sneakily takes a marshmallow from beside the body instead, and waits for others to wake up.*

Profile Email
Reverb
 Wednesday, October 14 2009 @ 11:14 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

*The pale spectre of Reverb dips a ghostly cup in the chocolate. Afterlife's a good 'un.

It nods politely at Talky before floating off to haunt the the gallows, since, apparently, nobody has buried him yet. Their noses will be regretting that soon, it's been 24 hours, and the local climate does not do much for preservation.*

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Tyr
 Wednesday, October 14 2009 @ 02:02 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

*shakes his ghostly head over the wasted cocoa, and floats over to hobnob with Reverb*

Profile Email
talkydoor
 Wednesday, October 14 2009 @ 03:34 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

*sniffs, but doesn't seem to detect anything odd. but then she is drinking corpsified cocoa*

*sees a spectre appear before her, and flinches before realising it's not gonna do her any harm now*

Profile Email
Fergus
 Wednesday, October 14 2009 @ 08:06 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

*nimbly takes one of the marshmallows next to the cocoa vat as well, and nibbles on it. He shakes his head sadly when his sees the drowned human*
"Whelp, now we have three people left. I hope I've been logical enough by trying to stall and make the Midget attack and get us down to three that, along with my hopefully good looking actions, have you two believe me when I say that I am, indeed, human."

*he pauses to pop a marshmallow up in the air and catch it in his mouth*

"Now though, that means either the outspokenish James Bond is the Midget, or the more quiet Talkydoor is.
James had been half arguing with Tyr before, and he was the only voter yesterday. Did he knock off Tyr because he was afraid he might start votes against him?
But then there's Talky, who hasn't really done anything besides vote and roleplay some. Didn't she also claim to be the Kittymorph a while ago? That claim is obviously false, since there's no reason to hide that fact anymore: if she was the Kittymorph she could've just come out this round since she would've seen everyone by now. Was that just a little white lie before, or trying to cover her tracks and lay low as the Midget?"

*He stops, and turns to look at both of them*

"Well, what say you two?"

Profile Email
James Bond
 Wednesday, October 14 2009 @ 08:32 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

*Listens to Fergus' theory, nodding. He glances towards Tyrs body, shakes his head, and also munches on a marshmallow.*

Well, if the midget WAS me, I probably would have left Tyr alive, so as to try and prove that since he didn't die, he was probably the midget. As Tyr IS dead, does that not prove that I am not, in fact, the midget?
And of course, TalkyDoor might be purposely quiet, so as to not draw attention to herself, killing the others from the shadow?
But then, there's you, Fergus. You have also been avoiding having too much drama, and your quiet, unsuspicious manner might also be to make people vote away from you! Now, I've tried to defend you this entire season, as you are a close friend, but now with only three of us left, I have to suspect everyone. And, sorry to say, I find it suspicous that you quite openly said that you had purposely done everything in your power to avoid being suspicious. So, I am sad to do this, but...

*James walks up to the hat, and with a final glance over his shoulder, writes on his paper "Day 4; Fergus."

Sorry, mate.

Profile Email
talkydoor
 Wednesday, October 14 2009 @ 08:59 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

*looks admiringly at Fergus, impressed by his logic, but can't actually believe she's being described as quiet. that must be a first time....*

'Well done. I am not, in fact, a kittymorph. Despite enjoying the feline role so much' (cough cough, splutter) 'I am indeed a human. I thought describing myself as a kitty would buy me some valuable immunity.'

*looks consideringly at the two left*

'Well, since we haven't seen a good old-fashioned lynching yet, I'm afraid I have to accede to my bloodthirsty nature. Sorry, Fergus. It's been nice knowing you.'

Writes: Day 4, Fergus and drops it into the hat with a cringe.

Profile Email
Fergus
 Wednesday, October 14 2009 @ 10:48 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

*shakes his head sadly*
"Tsk tsk, it seems that one of you can't figure out how to put one and one together. Such a shame, but that's what you get for not paying attention."
*sighs and looks at both of them with an equally sad look, despite already knowing which of them is the Midget*

"Now, I shall spend the rest of my day dancing away, enjoying this body while it lasts."
*moonwalks away*

Profile Email
talkydoor
 Wednesday, October 14 2009 @ 10:56 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

*looks sadly at Fergus*

'Denial can be such a blessing sometimes.'

*She sits down to whittle her lynching stick*

Profile Email
Max Dougwell
 Thursday, October 15 2009 @ 01:57 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

After some short but fierce examinations, James and Talkydoor turn on Fergus

Fergus is decapitated by the bored ghosts of Reverb and Tyr, his head joining them in the great beyond.

Fergus was a Human
James turns to Talkydoor. She's not there. He looks dow-
Having finished him off with one blow to the neck, Talkydoor cuts off Jame's nodally appendage as a trophy, before leaving the town to the ghosts.

James was the Mutant
Talkydoor was the Midget

End of Days

Profile Email
Max Dougwell
 Thursday, October 15 2009 @ 02:02 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Day One:
No One is lynched

Night One:
James saves Fergus
Reverb is murdered by Talkydoor

Day Two:
No One is lynched

Night Two:
James saves Talkydoor
Talkydoor decides to kill NO ONE

(New rules addendum; Midgets cannot choose not to kill. Otherwise there could have been a stalemate, without any Kittymorphs.)

Day Three:
No lynching.

Night Three:
James saves self
Tyr is drowned by the short and evil Talkydoor

Day Four:
Fergus gets lynched (although it's not much of a lynching with only two people.)

Too many Midgets for them to be lynched; Midgets win!

Profile Email
talkydoor
 Thursday, October 15 2009 @ 02:25 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

*claps and puts her stilts away*

Profile Email
Tyr
 Thursday, October 15 2009 @ 02:26 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Good game, all! Especially the evil and sneaky Ms. talky.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.61 seconds
New Topic Post Reply