Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Development New Topic Post Reply
 Dwelling Suggestions
 |  Printable Version
Cousjava
 Monday, March 15 2010 @ 09:08 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Though I would think that if tunnels were mad, someone would make them from every city to every city. Once that was done, there would be no point using the map ever again. Everyone would travel using tunnels.

But then maybe monsters would find out where all the poeple have gone and move to the tunnels themselves. So then the whole point of having tunnels is neutralised.

A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a trombone; what else does a man need to be happy?

Profile Email Website
Hairy Mary
 Tuesday, March 16 2010 @ 12:53 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Here's an idea that I'd like. Is it possible to not only make doors lockable to certain people, but actually invisible as well, so they don't actually see the link? Invisible from one side only?

I suspect that that would be too hard to code, but if not, that could come in most useful.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Tuesday, March 16 2010 @ 01:56 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Raiment

To prevent it from becoming game breaking, Stamina would have to be used while walking through tunnels, and maybe even a stray monster or two might find their way in, attracted to the darkness.

It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Mack
 Tuesday, March 16 2010 @ 07:07 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Reverb

Quote by: Raiment

To prevent it from becoming game breaking, Stamina would have to be used while walking through tunnels, and maybe even a stray monster or two might find their way in, attracted to the darkness.

It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a Grue.

Only your brass lantern can save you.

You can toast them, but it's dark magic. - MotPax on hotdog buns.

Profile Email
ByteKing
 Friday, April 09 2010 @ 03:21 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

May I put in my vote for the KEYS and differential decorating.

Most of my rooms are 120+ turns to decorate... making mistakes or changes VERY expensive and I just miss being able to lock a room so only certain people can enter. Smile

I do have to throw out a Kudo here, though. The dwelling system is a HUGE leap ahead from season one housing... well done.

One other thing that could be considered, is creating specific modules that can be 'purchased' by players to add interactive sections to their dwellings, like the random monster or vending machine. It would give even more incentive to build user content on the island.

Profile Email
aken0008
 Tuesday, April 13 2010 @ 04:42 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

About the tunnels... these might work if they only went from the house to a city, and not city-to-house or city-to-city. Also, they could only be used by certain people, making it less gamebreaking.

Profile Email
Ada
 Thursday, April 15 2010 @ 01:39 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: aken0008

About the tunnels... these might work if they only went from the house to a city, and not city-to-house or city-to-city. Also, they could only be used by certain people, making it less gamebreaking.

Then it would be more gamebreaking, because only certain people would get the effect.

Profile Email
loriel
 Thursday, April 15 2010 @ 02:42 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Slightly different dwelling question:

Besides RPing, is there a way to make a room link to another room? By which I mean something like this:

Entrance <---> living room
....^.....................^
....|......................|
....v ....................v
Library <-----> kitchen

and have that kitchen be the same kitchen?

Or say you wanted to circle the house... Is there a way to go behind the house walking behind the right side, and then come back to the entrance from the left side? Same sort of thing, but like this:

Front of the house <---> go around the right side
........ ^.......................................^
.........|........................................|
.........v.......................................v
go around the left side <-----> back of the house

I'm probably just missing something simple, or its come up already, but...
Anyways, thanks in advance. And sorry in advance if I'm just being silly.

Profile Email
Ada
 Sunday, April 18 2010 @ 01:50 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I would lovelovelove to see some basic outpost functions in dwellings. At the very least, can we please have the List Contestants button? When I'm in a dwelling in the middle of nowhere, I really don't want to walk to the nearest outpost just to see if certain people are online!

Profile Email
Jon Bishop
 Sunday, April 18 2010 @ 04:57 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'm honestly just bothered by the fact that a rookie I kicked out of the dwelling about a month ago is still considered inside the room when you look around. It's not hazardous, but it's just kind of odd seeing that name in my room every time I go there.

Profile Email
Bernard
 Sunday, April 18 2010 @ 07:46 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Jon+Bishop

I'm honestly just bothered by the fact that a rookie I kicked out of the dwelling about a month ago is still considered inside the room when you look around. It's not hazardous, but it's just kind of odd seeing that name in my room every time I go there.

Bish, it happens a lot. Some of the rookies become valuable members of the furniture. For example Declan is now a hatstand, Carcrashheart has become a cushion shrine - however, I am a bit concerned about Adder Moray - Adder, I think we must be told, what are you doing in there?

Also: Am I stuck anywhere making a house feel all homely?

Profile Email
Cousjava
 Sunday, April 18 2010 @ 05:42 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: loriel

Slightly different dwelling question:

Besides RPing, is there a way to make a room link to another room? By which I mean something like this:

Entrance <---> living room
....^.....................^
....|......................|
....v ....................v
Library <-----> kitchen

and have that kitchen be the same kitchen?

Or say you wanted to circle the house... Is there a way to go behind the house walking behind the right side, and then come back to the entrance from the left side? Same sort of thing, but like this:

Front of the house <---> go around the right side
........ ^.......................................^
.........|........................................|
.........v.......................................v
go around the left side <-----> back of the house

I'm probably just missing something simple, or its come up already, but...
Anyways, thanks in advance. And sorry in advance if I'm just being silly.

I don't know, but I'd love tpo be able to do that.

A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a trombone; what else does a man need to be happy?

Profile Email Website
Cousjava
 Tuesday, April 27 2010 @ 04:48 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Any chance at all?

Profile Email Website
Xith
 Tuesday, April 27 2010 @ 10:46 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Well, whenever you add a new room, it branches off of the room you were in when you added it. Unfortunately, I don't think you can make that room connect to any other ones. but they're sorta linked, anyway,

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Wednesday, April 28 2010 @ 12:16 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

What Loriel (and me, and others) are hoping for is to be able to put doors between two existing rooms. I think that this has been mentioned elsewhere, I'm not sure where though.

Profile Email
g_rock
 Wednesday, April 28 2010 @ 12:42 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

What Loriel (and me, and others) are hoping for is to be able to put doors between two existing rooms. I think that this has been mentioned elsewhere, I'm not sure where though.

Lord help GERM, I can't imagine the clusterf*ck Dunbernarding'll become if Bernard gets ahold of this ability...

Imagine, 90+ rooms, each connected to every other room...And thus sprung forth dwellthulhu, the beast of a thousand rooms, bane of the department of housing and urban development, bringer of madness to architects...

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Wednesday, April 28 2010 @ 01:18 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: g_rock

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

Lord help GERM, I can't imagine the clusterf*ck Dunbernarding'll become if Bernard gets ahold of this ability...

Imagine, 90+ rooms, each connected to every other room...And thus sprung forth dwellthulhu, the beast of a thousand rooms, bane of the department of housing and urban development, bringer of madness to architects...

Hmm for 90 rooms, that's 4005 doors. That might take a little while, it would be easy to get around in, go straight to where ever you want to go. The list of ways to go might take up some room though. Yes, Dwellthulhu would be an entirely appropriate name.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Wednesday, April 28 2010 @ 04:04 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

If you really wanted to drive architects mad, you wouldn't connect every room to every other room. Too easy. Too obvious. You'd be more subtle about it: a door in the west wing, for instance, taking you without fuss or warning to the east wing's kitchen. Doors like those in the Factory, that simply aren't there after they close behind you...

Profile Email
Bernard
 Wednesday, April 28 2010 @ 06:59 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Count+Sessine

If you really wanted to drive architects mad, you wouldn't connect every room to every other room. Too easy. Too obvious. You'd be more subtle about it: a door in the west wing, for instance, taking you without fuss or warning to the east wing's kitchen. Doors like those in the Factory, that simply aren't there after they close behind you...

**Points finger at nose and another at Sessine** "Attaboy! That's where we want to be. Or 4005 doors. All pointing at the same room."

Profile Email
Tyr
 Wednesday, April 28 2010 @ 01:55 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Count+Sessine

...secret passages.

We could have secret passages.

Oh please? Pretty please? Pretty, pretty please with a steak on top? It would help enormously in my goal of having my life be as close to Clue as possible.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.71 seconds
New Topic Post Reply