Forum Index > Season Two > Development New Topic Post Reply
 Hunter's Lodge rebuild
 |  Printable Version
Mr Geppetto
 Thursday, August 26 2010 @ 10:54 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Yay! I.I. is back on! Thank you CMJ!
Have to say I love the new lodge. The items descriptions and icons are hilarious and I love them. Also love the fact that one can access it while on one of those B. ranks. Thank you, again.

But I do have a few random questions. One is: is there a way to find out how many special comments I have left, without using one?
Second: There's still the notice I can't access the Lodge while on Bastard, though I now can. Just cosmetic, thought to point it out, though.
Third. Having the same issue with the Emily Bundle as before: I can't revert to the default armor. Leaving it blank, as per instructed..well, only leaves it blank. Maybe it's something I'm doing wrong.
Fourth. The way the items from the lodge show up in my inventory. Is there a way to hide them? I suppose not, just thought I'd ask. And they don't seem to be usable if I open inventory outside the lodge. Is this how it's supposed to work? Once again, I suppose yes, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Profile Email
Omega
 Thursday, August 26 2010 @ 11:29 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Now that new Hunter Lodge looks really nice. If not for the fact I can't give Donator points anymore. That eliminates our clan's contests entirely.

Eh well. Guess that's less for me to give away.

There are two secrets to success. The second one is to never reveal all your secrets.

Profile Email
Kel!
 Thursday, August 26 2010 @ 12:51 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

*Sigh*

I've, sadly, no way to prove that by screenshot or such, but in the process of stuffing the Lodge items in my inventory the Claim Stake I was carrying seems to have mysteriously fallen out... I know that might be a difficult task, but if someone could go looking for it? I'd really appreciate the effort...

Also, all those items make the inventory look very confusing, not to mention I can't keep any order in there anymore now...

Profile Email
Anonymous: Escemfer
 Thursday, August 26 2010 @ 01:02 PM UTC  

The new lodge is AWESOME. The item descriptions and images are hilarious. Particularly the images.

Sorrowfully, it appears that loads of dwellings somehow got borked, and that is less delightful.

And the inventory is indeed a little too clutterfied now. My suggestion would be adding a separate inventory for lodge items, accessible as a separate nav in the Show Inventory page. (Devin's marble module on Labs does this, and I am in love with it.)

Kel!
 Thursday, August 26 2010 @ 01:39 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

It's also not possible to drop building materials on the map anymore, that option went missing.

And *PLEASE* disregard the above Missing-Stake comment, it turned out to be an accident. Repeat: the Stake has been *found*.

Profile Email
Ada
 Thursday, August 26 2010 @ 01:45 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Are all the Hunter's Lodge items that we currently have supposed to show up in our inventory?
If that's the case, previously bought special comments aren't showing up yet.

Profile Email
Shiloh
 Thursday, August 26 2010 @ 01:51 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I'm not sure if this issue is known yet, but apparently old avatars didn't carry over from before the Hunter's Lodge change. I have a broken picture image where mine used to be. I've got the Emily Bundle, so I just tried uploading my avatar again, and got this series of error messages:

PHP Warning: "move_uploaded_file(images/avatars/201008261444Shiloh.png) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory"
in /home/improbab/public_html/modules/hunterslodge_avatar.php at 92.
Call Stack:
2: move_uploaded_file("/tmp/phpDSqutj", "images/avatars/2010082614...") called from /home/improbab/public_html/modules/hunterslodge_avatar.php on line 92
3: hunterslodge_avatar_run() called from /home/improbab/public_html/runmodule.php on line 33
PHP Warning: "move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpDSqutj' to 'images/avatars/201008261444Shiloh.png'"
in /home/improbab/public_html/modules/hunterslodge_avatar.php at 92.
Call Stack:
2: move_uploaded_file("/tmp/phpDSqutj", "images/avatars/2010082614...") called from /home/improbab/public_html/modules/hunterslodge_avatar.php on line 92
3: hunterslodge_avatar_run() called from /home/improbab/public_html/runmodule.php on line 33
The file could not be uploaded.

Witch Doctor Makiwa leans over and taps the duck on the beak, "This round's on you! Should we put it on your bill?"

Profile Email
tehdave
 Thursday, August 26 2010 @ 05:22 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'd like to point out that I just started another Bastard Rank, and much to my lack of surprise, cannot access the Hunter's Lodge. Though I do have all the requisite "Deluxe" items in my inventory to be able to shift stuffs about (title, etc)

Actually, it would be interesting if you could access these items from anywhere so, for example, you could be in a dwelling and swap around titles, for a story or something.

Also: I vote a very hearty YES on the proposition to shift the Hunter's Lodge and Cards inventories to separate screens of the inventory. It's just gotten too cluttered now.

Also my Avatar has gone missing from my bio and my mouseover (Though I think I'd set it before to not show up in mouseover because those are annoying.

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Harris
 Thursday, August 26 2010 @ 05:50 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Just another YES PLEASE! for the gifting option. Big Grin

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Mr Geppetto
 Thursday, August 26 2010 @ 05:58 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Dave, it's weird but I can access the Lodge on a B. rank. Maybe because I opted for it before the Lodge change? I still get the message that I can't, though. Like a mere message can stop me....

Also all hands up for the separate inventory for these items. And cards, too. Oh, and these items, while you can see them in the inventory, you can only use them while accessing the inventory from inside the lodge. Agree with Dave, it would be great if one could play with those while RP'ing in a dwelling. Hm. Or the Failboat.

Profile Email
crashtestpilot
 Thursday, August 26 2010 @ 06:38 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

For the record, I vote nuke the mount names until such time as they can be awesome.
I won't miss them.
Plus that collar looks weird in my backpack.

~CTP

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Thursday, August 26 2010 @ 06:49 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Kel%21

And *PLEASE* disregard the above Missing-Stake comment, it turned out to be an accident.

Really? Really? My horribly punny mind was all OVER that bitch, and you completely avoided it. You must have done that on purpose. But there's no shame, sir. Let's try it again.

And *PLEASE* disregard the above Missing-Stake comment, it turned out to be a... MISTAKE.

Profile Email
Cousjava
 Thursday, August 26 2010 @ 07:11 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

And *PLEASE* disregard the above Missing-Stake comment, it turned out to be a... MISTAKE.

Mmmm...Steak

A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a trombone; what else does a man need to be happy?

Profile Email Website
Buddleia
 Thursday, August 26 2010 @ 07:48 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

This new system is much easier to navigate and chose from in the Lodge! Much more fun, too.

I also vote for putting Donator iitems, and cards, on separate Inventory screen/s; I love the icons and info, but they do clutter it up when I want to get at grenades and medkits and so on. And the things from my Emily Bundle have shown up, but not the Specials (I'd got some separately too).

Incidently, have cigs got cheaper, or are they just available in larger pack sizes?

Oh, and my house is borked, too. (19,6,1)

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
Ebenezer
 Thursday, August 26 2010 @ 08:13 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

It's been said already, I think, but I'll say it again:

Too much stuff in my backpack now! Too cluttered. And it causes so much extra scrolling when transferring things to/from my bandolier.

...It would be so handy if I could use my Emily Bundle items while I'm doing a Bastard Rank, but I won't hold out for that.

-- Other than that, I like the Hunter's Lodge changes. The little icons and things look great and I like being able to buy gifts (or receive gifts!)

Profile Email
Kel!
 Thursday, August 26 2010 @ 09:43 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: Awesome+Fred

And *PLEASE* disregard the above Missing-Stake comment, it turned out to be an accident.

Really? Really? My horribly punny mind was all OVER that bitch, and you completely avoided it. You must have done that on purpose. But there's no shame, sir. Let's try it again.

Hmm... you actually want me to? Now shall I fuel some fire by pointing out how exactly I do not know how that land claim ended up where I *found* it? Big Grin

Ah, nah. I'm not in the mood right now. Better focus on more serious things, like the total hassle it presents having to scroll down two inventory pages to drop logged logges, an estimated 2d6x1d20 times per logjob. The way I do this, at least. If they could actually be dropped, that is.

I will take the freedom to guess that the reason I can't enter my cavings is the very same one that prohibits New Home Station from functioning... so I'll take the time to wait for a general fix, without getting pointlessly specific.

But really, the inventory is a plain mess as of now. Please, please.

Profile Email
Paul Lo
 Friday, August 27 2010 @ 01:01 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

After reading the thread from start to here, I have to say I am glad I am not the only one either that do not have any of the previously-bought DP permanentsies.

I would like very very much to have them back, them or their present equivalents. Verily.

* French heritage = virulent defending of rights and privileges, I'll say. *

But take you time, Dan; most of us wouldn't want to add more disasters now, would we? Razz

On a side note, I find this new Lodge system quite useful for mein fellow RPers and such. Big Love.

Yes, I have a dream, of electronic sheeps and linen bedsheets. But that's not the point. Or isn't it?

Profile Email
Paul Lo
 Friday, August 27 2010 @ 01:20 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I was too late for editing, bah.

I have gotten all permanents that were previously bought, thankyouberrymuch.

Now what's left would be quills/special commentaries. (Finally we'll see how many we without the obligation of using/buying them)

Yes, I have a dream, of electronic sheeps and linen bedsheets. But that's not the point. Or isn't it?

Profile Email
Ada
 Friday, August 27 2010 @ 01:23 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Paul+Lo

I was too late for editing, bah.

I have gotten all permanents that were previously bought, thankyouberrymuch.

Now what's left would be quills/special commentaries. (Finally we'll see how many we without the obligation of using/buying them)

It's my understanding that the bought "quills" item is not directly equivalent to special comments. It's like a coupon for special comments - you use the quill item, and are credited with the specials, which no longer show up in your inventory.

Profile Email
Paul Lo
 Friday, August 27 2010 @ 01:35 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Ada

It's my understanding that the bought "quills" item is not directly equivalent to special comments. It's like a coupon for special comments - you use the quill item, and are credited with the specials, which no longer show up in your inventory.

Ah well gee, thank you for this highly-probable idea. Makes sense if it follows the idea of being easily giftable, but I would have though the idea of keeping them quills somewhere visible for using(like 'nades in bandolier)/giving is brilliant.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.50 seconds
New Topic Post Reply