Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Development New Topic Post Reply
 Illustrations?
 |  Printable Version
rbead
 Tuesday, April 15 2014 @ 08:36 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Just an imagining... illustrated monsters..? Some this'd be bad news for, but others could be fun!

Profile Email Website
Count Sessine
 Tuesday, April 15 2014 @ 09:20 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

You know... to any Island artist who feels an impulse to illustrate aspects of Island life:

Distract me, Sessine (or Junebug, who is also me) in-game. I'm coordinating a very ambitious joint volunteer project to create a physical deck of cards that Islanders will be able to buy and hold in their very own hands. It will be awesome! We have a lot of amazing art already. Details are in this thread here. It will be like a permanent exhibition in an Island art gallery. (And the proceeds of all sales will go to support the Island, so... doubly awesome, yes?)

Here are the 12 cards still unclaimed:

- Improbability Bomb
- Gift Station
- Kate, from the Chapel
- Rohit
- Monster Repellent
- Canvas Overalls
- Assault Suit
- SA-SPS-2
- Force Generator
- Lightning Suit
- Monkey Ghostwriter Franchise
- Panthzer

(And yes, I know this thread is way ancient, but I am an opportunist. The Island has so many good artists! Seeing as the thread has been necro'd, I can't miss the chance to give them all a high-five, and celebrate their talents.)

Profile Email
Odo Shortwick
 Thursday, April 17 2014 @ 06:59 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I agree that making illustrations for 90% of the game would be bad. Much of the enjoyment is seeing it your own mind, like a H.P. Lovecraft story. However there are some places were it would be kind of cool like the stores. I wouldn't suggest having the store illustrated but rather their respective signs. Maybe Sheila's Shack o' Shiny hand painted on clapboard with some sporks and hello kitty socks hanging off it. Maybe a sign for each of the settlements.

If adding illustrations for actual people or places, I would like to see them as drawing from a 1900's advertising (example).

Edit:

Maybe for a certain amount you can allow contestant to upload illustrations for their homes....

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.28 seconds
New Topic Post Reply