Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Development New Topic Post Reply
 What's Missing in Season Two at launch
 |  Printable Version
Bodoni
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 01:42 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I spend a lot of money on healing and food, in the early levels. Equipment is a distant third in my priorities, and I tend to buy armor first so that I can survive getting hit.

Profile Email
EvilSupahFly
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 01:47 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I can't seem to keep enough req on hand to buy anything because I keep getting wasted! I'm finding Seaon Two more of a challenge than Season One. Anybody else?

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light, with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own set of laws." -- Douglas Adams, H2G2

Profile Email Website
Bodoni
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 02:04 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

EvilSupahFly, I played the Season Two test game. I found that yes, it was quite a challenge, until I joined a clan which had buffs.

I suggest joining a clan, doing your share of donating ciggies, and helping the clan get buffs. My own clan doesn't have a buff yet, but I imagine that things will get easier when we do.

Profile Email
Symar
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 02:19 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Bodoni

EvilSupahFly, I played the Season Two test game. I found that yes, it was quite a challenge, until I joined a clan which had buffs.

I suggest joining a clan, doing your share of donating ciggies, and helping the clan get buffs. My own clan doesn't have a buff yet, but I imagine that things will get easier when we do.

I'm finding it hard, too. I figured a clan would make a huge difference, as it did in Season One, as well.

Although I'm currently toughing it out until I see a clan that looks good to me... (what with the lower members per clan, I don't want to go clogging up DICE's roster).

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 02:21 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Tips: When your Stamina starts creeping into the orange, stop. A lot of the players on the FailBoat end up there because they collapse from exhaustion. Pay attention to the messages in combat - they'll tell you when you're getting tired. When your Stamina is in the orange, you get a combat debuff, a higher World Map encounter rate, and you run the risk of messing up your carcass cleaning and cooking. The Stamina system gives you the option to carry on fighting for far longer than before - that doesn't mean that there aren't risks involved. Mr. Green

Profile Email Website
EvilSupahFly
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 02:35 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I was a member of SWEET in Season One, as I am now in Season Two, and I've figured out the hard way that I need to keep my Stamina up. Oops!

If anybody wants to join SWEET, tell them I sent you. Laughing Out Loud

Now..... How do I kill, gut, clean, cook and eat a Pope? Twisted Evil

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light, with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own set of laws." -- Douglas Adams, H2G2

Profile Email Website
Giuseppe Lorenzo
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 02:37 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: EvilSupahFly

I was a member of SWEET in Season One, as I am now in Season Two, and I've figured out the hard way that I need to keep my Stamina up. Oops!

What's your character name?

Profile Email
Bodoni
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 04:57 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Tips: When your Stamina starts creeping into the orange, stop. A lot of the players on the FailBoat end up there because they collapse from exhaustion. Pay attention to the messages in combat - they'll tell you when you're getting tired. When your Stamina is in the orange, you get a combat debuff, a higher World Map encounter rate, and you run the risk of messing up your carcass cleaning and cooking. The Stamina system gives you the option to carry on fighting for far longer than before - that doesn't mean that there aren't risks involved. Mr. Green

We don't get interest on our banked req any longer, do we? I've tried hunting until I'm completely exhausted, but I never seem to earn interest. I've already burned a fair number of meals, too.

And if we're mentioning clans, I've started CDAG up again, now with more emphasis on explosions and fire and general destruction.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 04:59 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Yes, yes you should be earning interest, although the amounts have been reduced.

Profile Email Website
Zolotisty
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 05:14 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

*scratches eyebrow*

Yes, I would say 1% interest is significantly reduced. Wink

Anyway, Bodoni, keep investigating. Interest still works.

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
hajen
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 05:18 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

just confirming that my character has been earning interest and yes, it is a pittance.
mainly because i can't save much, what with all the food i have to buy to just keep myself on the edge of starvation.

"tis better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"

Profile Email
Cath
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 05:30 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Zolotisty

*scratches eyebrow*

Yes, I would say 1% interest is significantly reduced. Wink

Anyway, Bodoni, keep investigating. Interest still works.

I think I saw 4% earlier... but it may have been my imagination.

Profile Email
EvilSupahFly
 Wednesday, July 08 2009 @ 11:20 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: Giuseppe+Lorenzo

Quote by: EvilSupahFly

What's your character name?

EvilSupahFly Laughing Out Loud

I figured it would make sense to use the same name on the Island as in the forums.

Profile Email Website
K.K. Victoria
 Sunday, July 19 2009 @ 07:38 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'm really quite curious, as this part stole my interest the most of any of the new features that were mentioned.

Was the idea for the Strangers scuttled? Or is that still around?

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Bernard
 Sunday, July 19 2009 @ 07:49 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: K.K.+Victoria

I'm really quite curious, as this part stole my interest the most of any of the new features that were mentioned.

Don't go speaking of Strangers, Kai. Seriously now. They'll tempt you in with their rickety fingers and promises of sweetmeats. ALL THE WHILE THEY WILL BE WEARING A DIRTY MACINTOSH.

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Sunday, July 19 2009 @ 06:33 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Bernard

Quote by: K.K.+Victoria

Don't go speaking of Strangers, Kai. Seriously now. They'll tempt you in with their rickety fingers and promises of sweetmeats. ALL THE WHILE THEY WILL BE WEARING A DIRTY MACINTOSH.

Don't you judge who I hang out with, DAD! THEY'RE MY FRIENDS AND THEY HAVE CANDY!

--Huffs to go loiter.

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Monday, July 20 2009 @ 01:44 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

The GoBots, Robots, and Jokers still aren't finished -- they don't have any racial buffs, and restaurants don't exist for them. They're still playable, sort of... if you pick them, you get what you get for stamina in a day. You can still use cleaning and cooking to get a little more, and you can buy energy drinks if you like, but that doesn't take you very far either. You'll easily use up the allotment in twenty minutes. Then you're done, for that game day.

So, fair warning, guys. Pick them if you like when they become available, but they're really not done yet; you're wandering outside the finished world when you do.

Profile Email
Symar
 Monday, July 20 2009 @ 01:50 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Cath

I've seen up to 5%.

Any updates on how things are coming along, Dan/Joe/whatever-your-name-is? You said your fan got busted in the MotD. I'm just curious.

Profile Email
opticsverity
 Tuesday, August 04 2009 @ 07:55 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: Symar

Quote by: Cath

I've seen up to 5%.

5% is nice although it doesn't really help too much when you are aiming for a ring to get married, that rings seems out of the FSM league, and he's a flippin' mega-god with tentacles; he's got to be able to take down four or five people in one shot and collect their hard earned req.

Profile Email
sailorbowser
 Tuesday, March 30 2010 @ 01:38 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Is there any update on when we're gonna see ScrapBots implemented?

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.61 seconds
New Topic Post Reply