Forum Index > Season Two > Development New Topic Post Reply
 I need testimonials from my players.
 |  Printable Version
Epaphus
 Monday, August 03 2009 @ 03:42 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: LeGrande

There's definitely more meat than a kiddy pool filled with Jello.

That depends on whether you're eating the kids. They're quite tasty.

Profile Email
Skidge
 Monday, August 03 2009 @ 08:12 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Joe, I don't care if you don't need any more testimonials. I'm giving you one anyway. Just 'cause.

I have never been one to buy into people who say they appreciate a community. I tend to shy away from new-neighbor types bearing "welcome baskets" and smiling, mostly because I deem them to be terrifying and only ask them in for coffee because I want to suss out what they want.

...That's a lie. I've never had anyone offer me a welcome basket. I live in New Jersey. We don't do that sort of thing here, it cuts in on the time spent running people over and cursing out little old ladies and making small children cry by taking away their candy and replacing it with nuclear waste. But, you know. If I did ever run into a situation in which there are welcome-baskets. I wouldn't buy into them. I WOULD BE VERY SUSPICIOUS INDEED.

So take the compliment from the source when I say the community of people that has been built here is truly something to behold. There is a group of extremely special people here. And yes, I do on occasion mean special with very sarcastic quotation marks, but really? I actually mean special in the most Hallmarky of ways. Except this special has explosions.

...oh, get that smirk off of your face, will you?

It is the nature of the thing that draws the people that love it. Take from that what you will.

In other news, the Real World keeps calling. It wonders why I don't seem to spend as much time with it as I used to. I believe I have hurt its feelings. I try to explain..."But this world has Ambulatory Printing Presses! Named Dada!" but it just gets all quiet and tells me to "do what I want," which of course makes me feel horribly guilty...

But not guilty enough to stop. I heart you, Island.

I HEART YOU.

Profile Email
Duskrunner
 Saturday, August 08 2009 @ 10:10 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

"Improbable Island loves me. We hurt the ones we love. Let me love *you*."

annnnnd on that notes, saying hello on these forums for the first time, and coming across as even crazier than I am. ::waves at the folks she knows::

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves, Did gyre and gimble in the wabe: All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Hakaze(yeah i screwd the log so what)
 Sunday, August 09 2009 @ 09:06 AM UTC  

the only thing that comes to my mind everytime after meeting the next crazy thing is.. "how improbable was THAT?"
( iwould even pay stamina to utter that phrase after events XD)

Anonymous: Massic
 Thursday, August 13 2009 @ 06:08 AM UTC  

"Meet the people of strange and far off lands. Then cook and eat them."
"The soup was a lie, but the spoon was delicious!"
"Less of a game and more of an addiction"

Kuroiten
 Thursday, August 13 2009 @ 06:54 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

So...Improbable Island. You're probably wondering "What on earth is that?" Well, let me tell you a story...

Once upon a time, a rather bored individual was wandering the endless paths of the internet when he spotted a small banner ad that caught his eye. "Hmm," he thought, "this game looks amusing. I'll try it out, see if it's all that it promises it will be." He clicked that banner ad...and suddenly was thrown into a world beyond his ken. Things that could never have happened in his own world occurred here regularly.

It wasn't long before some helpful denizens of this world helped set him on the path he needed to follow, and taking their advice he followed it. It was long, hard, and sometimes painful, but in the end he triumphed. Only to learn that this was only the beginning. He shouldered the burden regardless, and soon he too was helping new denizens of the world along their own paths and unlocking great powers he never knew he possessed.

Here he made friends. Here he was witness to great tragedy, and great nobility of...well, not necessarily human spirit, but it was close enough. Here there were moments of quiet and hours of laughter.

And that, my friends, is Improbable Island. More than a just a game...and a lot sillier than my story. If you don't believe me, try not to laugh while being attacked by a rice cooker.

Judging by the chaos, I've been here already.

Profile Email Website
Anonymous: Cally Acres
 Thursday, August 13 2009 @ 07:17 AM UTC  

Cath
 Thursday, August 13 2009 @ 01:53 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

That's pretty damn awesome. YAYs.

Profile Email
Duskrunner
 Thursday, August 13 2009 @ 01:56 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Hehe, very nice. I am partial to the Alice reference of course Wink

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves, Did gyre and gimble in the wabe: All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe.

Profile Email
Pinche Cabron
 Friday, August 21 2009 @ 06:48 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Here's the best explanation I've come up with so far:

"It's a cross between Twitter and Zork."

Profile Email
Enada
 Sunday, August 23 2009 @ 01:22 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: Bodoni

This isn't really a testimonial, but I did see the ad currently running on the webcomic Something Positive. Something Positive readers might very well be interested in this game.

I really liked the layout of the ad, too. It caught my eye even before I knew what it was for.

Ahaha! I found improbable island because of an ad on something positive! Davan rocks!

Profile Email
Enada
 Sunday, August 23 2009 @ 01:35 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

and since everyone else is doing it, my fav personal quote is "Spikey Penis Bad"

Profile Email
Anonymous: hangfire
 Sunday, August 23 2009 @ 12:14 PM UTC  

Frankly Ive just always found the idea of MOUNTing an old wrinkly man disturbing.

Soloman Grundy
 Wednesday, September 30 2009 @ 02:19 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

"Grundy think Improbable Island more fun than smashing Green Lantern"

or from the player

"Devilishly creative, Improbable Island stradles the line between humorously obscene and obscenely humorous, and does it with style."

Profile Email
jamesb
 Monday, February 15 2010 @ 07:06 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

"Confusing, random as hell, and annoying. Yet funny, enjoyable and addictive."

Profile Email
Cousjava
 Thursday, March 18 2010 @ 10:41 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Frooody!

OR

Warning: Unsuitable for young children, old ladies, real-life midgets, Catholics, conservatives, people who have a job...everyone really.

But we still play it.

A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a trombone; what else does a man need to be happy?

Profile Email Website
Chimental
 Friday, March 19 2010 @ 01:55 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I thought CMJ doesn't need testimonials anymore but hey, what the heck?

"We have nothing to fear...except for that guy in the tinfoil hat and the chainsawandhe'scomingrightatmeAAAAAAH!"

"The most fun you'll have with midgets."

"Children: the other spam."

"Improbable Island: telling the censors of the world to FOOK a EWE (And no, that's not a typo)"

"Improbable Island: where cannibalism is not only accepted, it's a taught skill, that is only improved with practice."

and finally

Improbable Isle
where you can do insane feats
like fighting haikus

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Rufus
 Monday, March 22 2010 @ 03:41 AM UTC  

"Now, It burns when I pee."

Ebenezer
 Monday, March 22 2010 @ 11:15 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

"There are so many sporrans and most of them are lies."

Profile Email
Anonymous: SaintD
 Tuesday, March 30 2010 @ 11:27 PM UTC  

"This game makes me laugh every time I play."