Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 House Feedback!
 |  Printable Version
SinkOrSwim
 Saturday, March 27 2010 @ 03:46 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Oh god Again...

What's worse than someone stealing ALL of the stone for your new room?

Someone stealing just one...

< pads off towards CC404 to replace that last one...>

... Grace is just the measure of a fall ...

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Wednesday, March 31 2010 @ 12:12 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

One consequence of dwellings is how it affects Squathole. Every other outpost has dwellings on the same map square, usually including a guesthouse of some sort*. I haven't been to Acehigh, but certainly everywhere else does. Now Squathole doesn't, you need to go two squares away to find somewhere that you can build. This makes Squathole a rather less attractive place to stay**. For the game player who want's to stay there, there's three options.

1) Forego the 5% stamina bonus at the start of the day.
2) Begin and end each day wading through two squares of muck.
3) Give up and go elsewhere.

This means that you can't use the last of your stamina reinforcing the Squathole walls and still get your bonus. And it means that people who are trying to heroically defend Squathole are at a disadvantage compared to defenders of other outposts.

I haven't seen any serious effects in terms of outpost defence levels say, but I can't help wondering. I'm not complaining or saying that anything should be changed, just noting it as a possible effect.

Can I ask, is anyone changing their gameplay strategies because of this, or am I just barking up the wrong tree here?

------------------------------------------

*Well done the people who are building these, I feel that they really contribute to the friendly welcoming spirit of the Island, which is one of it's strong features.

**In game play terms, obviously. There's very little that could make Squathole less attractive as, say, a tourist destination.

Profile Email
Reverb
 Wednesday, March 31 2010 @ 02:01 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Strah-tuh-gee?

I don't understand the question..

But, yeah, the inability to build on swamptiles surprised me as well, seeing as how we have an outpost there with some pretty sturdy buildings. ( if the midgets dont destroy it, its class-a construction, little avatars of entropy as they are.)

I really wanted to build a house-on-stilts along the beach of the lake, but alas..

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.33 seconds
New Topic Post Reply