Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Thread for discussing Titans
 |  Printable Version
Anonymous: Buddleia
 Wednesday, May 05 2010 @ 07:10 PM UTC  

They're baaaaaack ... six of them at once! Mr. Green

Bernard
 Wednesday, May 05 2010 @ 07:19 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Buddleia

They're baaaaaack ... six of them at once! Mr. Green

And I'm stuck in a badnav fighting one again...

Profile Email
Paul Lo
 Wednesday, May 05 2010 @ 08:31 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Yet again, they evade me...
Is this some sort of continent segregation? Rolling Eyes Those who can't play in the (America) continent while working/studying...

I shall wait for them. Eventually, Titan meat for breakfast, dinner and supper for some weeks.

Yes, I have a dream, of electronic sheeps and linen bedsheets. But that's not the point. Or isn't it?

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, May 06 2010 @ 04:33 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

OK, Titans are now auto-spawning. Both the spawn rate and the maximum hitpoints should adjust themselves automatically to a decently challenging level.

Profile Email Website
Gorbert
 Thursday, May 06 2010 @ 04:49 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Binjali

I don't know if this was a bug, but it wasn't just me: while fighting the Titan SE of NewHome, when boated and chronosphered back, I got dropped off in Imp Central instead of NewHome. So what, lost one or two percent of stam walking back, not a big deal- I'd be pissed as a midjit though, and if a Titan comes in from the north, getting dropped at Imp Central instead of, say, Ace High is a huge problem.

Same just happened to me, except I was fighting near CC404 Angry

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, May 06 2010 @ 05:08 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Will take a look... There shouldn't be anything modifying the player's location. :-/

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, May 06 2010 @ 05:28 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Restoration via Watcher from the FailBoat returns the player to the correct location...

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, May 06 2010 @ 05:30 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Restoration via chronosphere when dying on World Map as normal (IE not after battling a Titan) restores the player as normal...

Profile Email Website
Anonymous: Sneaky the Supervillain
 Thursday, May 06 2010 @ 05:31 AM UTC  

The money you get for defeating a Titan, is it proportional to the HP damage you dealt? I like fighting something that could use skyscrapers as back scratchers, sure, but I did take a loss on gear money.

CavemanJoe
 Thursday, May 06 2010 @ 05:32 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

OK, found and fixed.

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, May 06 2010 @ 05:33 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by: Sneaky the Supervillain

The money you get for defeating a Titan, is it proportional to the HP damage you dealt? I like fighting something that could use skyscrapers as back scratchers, sure, but I did take a loss on gear money.

Yup - there's loads of money to go around on one Titan (100,000 Req tokens IIRC), but it gets divided up between all the players who fought it based on how much damage they did.

Profile Email Website
Anonymous: Sneaky the Supervillain
 Thursday, May 06 2010 @ 05:40 AM UTC  

Whoa. Those guys I fought with dealin 800 damage per turn made a lot.

Even if it's only rubbing it in my face, I think a bonus 1,000 req. isn't enough to give to the one (sole person) who can deal the final blow. It'll (very likely) go to the person dealing the most damage, and they'll make that easily over the course of two turns.

Ebenezer
 Thursday, May 06 2010 @ 07:45 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Restoration via Watcher from the FailBoat returns the player to the correct location...

It was sending me to Imp Central every time. Something's glitchy, I think?

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, May 06 2010 @ 07:56 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by: Ebenezer

Quote by: CavemanJoe

It was sending me to Imp Central every time. Something's glitchy, I think?

I meant restoration when being beaten by a normal Travel monster, not a Titan. Titans didn't copy the lastCity pref to $session['user']['location'].

Profile Email Website
Hairy Mary
 Thursday, May 06 2010 @ 11:14 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Just fought my first (and second as it happens) titan. Great fun!

One point to make, at one point it said "The titan has been defeated! You get xxx req into your bank account!" And then the titan carried on putting up a surprisingly good fight for someone who's just been defeated.

With the second titan, this didn't happen, but I did get the "You're victorious" message twice, with identical amounts af req awarded. I don't know if I got them both in my bank account though.

Also, any chance of the occasional cig being awarded?

Also again, my giddy aunt there are people out there with huge amounts of hp. I never realised. Well over 1000 some of them.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Thursday, May 06 2010 @ 11:41 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quick note. For the first titan, the two different messages showed different amounts of req awarded. They were actually forwarded to my email. The second to messages weren't however.

Profile Email
Derander
 Thursday, May 06 2010 @ 11:53 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Finally some titans! yay!

Ooh, there are distractions? *goes and digs through his bad, bad spam filter* oh yeah. Interesting. 210k is quite a lot of req...

Also, looks like killing blows can be shared?

Profile Email
Dulcibella
 Saturday, May 08 2010 @ 11:35 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Any chance the page order could be reset such that the timed combat indicator is higher? I'm in the middle of a brawl with a titan and I'm missing my shots because all these other folks are getting in the way!

(Sooooooo fun!)

Also, at least a couple of my comrades seem to be relaxing in the middle of the battlefield. I can't tell if it's a ghost situation (they've left the combat but the game thinks they are still there) or if they're just 4th walling on a combat screen, but the number of stacked stam bars I'm seeing is already long enough without these deadbeats taking up space!

Profile Email
Marly
 Saturday, May 08 2010 @ 11:49 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

I know that CMJ says that the titan spawn rate will adjust and all that but...

Too many. Dear mother of myself, too many.

The problem might be that we're a very thorough lot, and we're smiting them all down way too fast, but seriously? I'm having Onslaught flashbacks here.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Sunday, May 09 2010 @ 01:08 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'm agreeing with Marly here. But what I'd like ideally, is maybe lots at once, with long periods of inactivity between them. So we can go about our daily business most of the time, and then all rush to the fight in emergencies. If it's constant, then I'm pretty soon going to start ignoring them. I don't know if this is what's going to happen or not.

Having said that, the amount of damage I do in one day pales into insignificance compared to the big boys and girls with their 1000+ hp, and their several hundred damage per hit. So my not fighting really isn't going to make much difference. I don't mind this when playing, I'm the farmboy with a pitchfork helping out the big knights in shining armour, but I'm likely to just leave it up to them pretty soon.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.51 seconds
New Topic Post Reply