Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Cigs - what to do with them all?
 |  Printable Version
MadMad
 Friday, July 02 2010 @ 05:54 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Returning to the original question of what to do with the surplus of cigs?

What about adding a new clan competition module, where clans can build bonfires with wooden logs and cigs? Say 1 cig for each 2 or 4 logs?
Every new moon all the bonfires are lit and burnt out by the next morning, leaving the clans having to build a new bonfire. The clans with the biggest bonfires get a mention in the HoF...

"I see," said the blind man to his deaf daughter while picking up his hammer...

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Friday, July 02 2010 @ 08:48 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: MadMad

What about adding a new clan competition module, where clans can build bonfires with wooden logs and cigs? Say 1 cig for each 2 or 4 logs?
Every new moon all the bonfires are lit and burnt out by the next morning, leaving the clans having to build a new bonfire. The clans with the biggest bonfires get a mention in the HoF...

Does any clan have every aspect of their clan buff maxed out? Because if not, I see a fine place to dump cigs right now. Clan Halls -> Clan Buff -> Drop Your Cigs in.

Profile Email
Cousjava
 Friday, July 02 2010 @ 09:53 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

10 clans have maxed buffs. LDD (my clan) just got there recently.

A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a trombone; what else does a man need to be happy?

Profile Email Website
Ada
 Saturday, July 03 2010 @ 12:25 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Awesome+Fred

Does any clan have every aspect of their clan buff maxed out? Because if not, I see a fine place to dump cigs right now. Clan Halls -> Clan Buff -> Drop Your Cigs in.

You can always check those lists in the HoF, if you're curious.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Saturday, July 03 2010 @ 12:28 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

I suspect most people would want to hang onto their cigs against potential future use instead of burning them up and not even getting a buff out of it the way they would if they smoked 'em.

Also, in Season 1 there was a clan competition somewhat like that, except for reqs instead of cigs. The prize was just as trivial. People were quite willing to throw away reqs at the end of a DK. The social effects were ... bad. I would be very surprised if we see anything implemented that pits clan against clan.

Profile Email
Paul Lo
 Saturday, July 03 2010 @ 12:55 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Count+Sessine

Also, in Season 1 there was a clan competition somewhat like that, except for reqs instead of cigs. The prize was just as trivial. People were quite willing to throw away reqs at the end of a DK. The social effects were ... bad. I would be very surprised if we see anything implemented that pits clan against clan.

Please, no. Even if this was by using cigs, just no. The bonus received, being consistent, became quite a game-breaker in itself (and you kept your items from DK to DK in and infinite Hammerspace) with the vending machines; with the political clashes (which clan is best and which sucks) and item-hungry contestants, those were some really muddy waters.

I wouldn't recommend its reimplementation. not with items as gift, nor buffs or outposts always branded with the same clan names.

Yes, I am redundant. Welcome to the repetitive department of redoundant redoundancy.

Yes, I have a dream, of electronic sheeps and linen bedsheets. But that's not the point. Or isn't it?

Profile Email
Aeridus
 Saturday, July 03 2010 @ 07:12 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Zolotisty

Tents are indeed still on the agenda -- when they'll happen is unclear, but we get a new NPC when they launch. She's awesome. Wink

For those who want mobile dwellings... just take my word on it and be patient; don't pretend you can do it with a Dwelling right now. Mr. Green

Good to hear. Big Grin

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.65 seconds
New Topic Post Reply