Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Furniture store in Central!
 |  Printable Version
CavemanJoe
 Tuesday, June 29 2010 @ 06:33 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

There'll be an option for custom furniture pretty soon.

Profile Email Website
crashtestpilot
 Tuesday, June 29 2010 @ 02:44 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Such awesome news. Thank you, Dan!
~CTP

Profile Email
Epaphus
 Tuesday, June 29 2010 @ 06:02 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Be aware that lugging around furniture costs stamina. In you have to travel a long distance to your abode, expect those pesky Jungle monsters to take an interest in your progress.

Profile Email
zamboni
 Tuesday, June 29 2010 @ 06:52 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Epaphus

Be aware that lugging around furniture costs stamina. In you have to travel a long distance to your abode, expect those pesky Jungle monsters to take an interest in your progress.

Yah, the single bed weights 80kg - so even if you have the biggest backpack out there, it fills up the entire thing.

I can't wait to see how much king-sized beds cost and weigh!

Profile Email
Snow Gray
 Monday, July 05 2010 @ 03:29 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Can't wait for double beds! I have no intention of the hubby and I having separate beds Wink

Profile Email
tehdave
 Tuesday, July 06 2010 @ 09:11 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Snow+Gray

Can't wait for double beds! I have no intention of the hubby and I having separate beds Wink

Well, you could just use both single beds for now and pretend it's a Double-bed? Just a little bit of gameplay-and-story segregation.

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Chimental
 Tuesday, July 06 2010 @ 09:43 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: tehdave

Well, you could just use both single beds for now and pretend it's a Double-bed? Just a little bit of gameplay-and-story segregation.

From what I've learned from 'I Love Lucy', married couples are supposed to have single beds. Besides, why would they need to share a bed?

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
Epaphus
 Wednesday, July 07 2010 @ 12:25 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Chimental

From what I've learned from 'I Love Lucy', married couples are supposed to have single beds. Besides, why would they need to share a bed?

That, friends, has been the topic of much discussion among the moderators lately. We're still researching this on Wikipedia.

Profile Email
Buddleia
 Wednesday, July 07 2010 @ 01:44 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Epaphus

I've found that if you're carrying a bed to your house, and then install it, you still get a "thanks to your overburdened backpack" message for everything until you check your inventory (which presumably confirms to the game that no, you're not overburdened any more). Bug, maybe?

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Wednesday, July 07 2010 @ 04:32 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Double beds are on The List. They'll work a little differently to regular beds. Wink

Profile Email Website
tehdave
 Wednesday, July 07 2010 @ 05:31 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Double beds are on The List. They'll work a little differently to regular beds. Wink

Can we get at least a partial refund for the singe beds we married folk have bought then? or can we move 'em? 'cause that's 60 cigs down the drain if not.

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Adder Moray
 Wednesday, July 07 2010 @ 06:45 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

The clannies were wondering if it would be possible to make it, well, possible to put beds in other people's dwellings. We're about to start building individual rooms in the tree and, while I would be perfectly willing to, buying beds and instialling them for everyone will be a bit, well, difficult.

Maybe make it possible for someone with a control key for a room to be able to install a bed in it? Or a deadbolt key, maybe?

Profile Email
Snow Gray
 Wednesday, July 07 2010 @ 06:57 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: tehdave

But I knew double beds were in the works! So I am ever so patiently waiting.

Profile Email
NotAgain
 Wednesday, July 07 2010 @ 08:26 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Adder+Moray

The clannies were wondering if it would be possible to make it, well, possible to put beds in other people's dwellings. We're about to start building individual rooms in the tree and, while I would be perfectly willing to, buying beds and instialling them for everyone will be a bit, well, difficult.

Maybe make it possible for someone with a control key for a room to be able to install a bed in it? Or a deadbolt key, maybe?

Ri and I have both put beds in our farm. I bought the property, she has a master key.

However her bed did somehow miraculously migrate from the bedroom where she put it out to the front porch, whereas mine stayed where 'twas put.

This could be 'cos some bugs were ironed out after she bought hers but before I bought mine... or it could be a bug with the bed placement by non-owners.

Needs further testing to find out...

Profile Email
Adder Moray
 Thursday, July 08 2010 @ 05:52 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: NotAgain

Ri and I have both put beds in our farm. I bought the property, she has a master key..

See, the problem with that is, it would be cheaper for me to just buy everyone's bed vs getting everyone a master key, making the entire exercise moot.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, July 08 2010 @ 07:24 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

I'm gonna figure out a way for people to buy beds and other furniture as presents. Probably tied into Sheds/Dropoff Points somehow.

Profile Email Website
Snow Gray
 Thursday, July 08 2010 @ 08:48 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: NotAgain

Ri and I have both put beds in our farm. I bought the property, she has a master key.

However her bed did somehow miraculously migrate from the bedroom where she put it out to the front porch, whereas mine stayed where 'twas put.

This could be 'cos some bugs were ironed out after she bought hers but before I bought mine... or it could be a bug with the bed placement by non-owners.

Needs further testing to find out...

I placed a single bed in the dwelling I have a master key for without issue. No idea how Ri's ended up on the porch!

Profile Email
Pod
 Thursday, July 08 2010 @ 09:34 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: CavemanJoe

I'm gonna figure out a way for people to buy beds and other furniture as presents. Probably tied into Sheds/Dropoff Points somehow.

Oh, excellent! This would fix the issue Adder Moray referred to quite nicely. Thank you!

Profile Email
Mogar
 Friday, August 06 2010 @ 08:06 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

To add to CTP, I think it was, some other odds and ends that can be slept upon for the same 5% stamina increase as the floor would be awesome! Benches, chairs, armchairs, sleeping bags even? A coffin? a cardboard box? Or even just the ability to rename the floor for the same 5%?

Profile Email
SicPuess
 Friday, August 06 2010 @ 10:10 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Mogar

To add to CTP, I think it was, some other odds and ends that can be slept upon for the same 5% stamina increase as the floor would be awesome! Benches, chairs, armchairs, sleeping bags even? A coffin? a cardboard box? Or even just the ability to rename the floor for the same 5%?

Especially since there are "rooms" which don't really have a floor in the first place. Think gardens. Staircases. Ponds. A bouncy castle.
It would be nice to have meadows and uncomfortable cold stairs and moaty swamps and springy plastic to sleep on.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.72 seconds
New Topic Post Reply