Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Some ideas for new stuff
 |  Printable Version
Ada
 Tuesday, August 28 2012 @ 01:05 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Mogar

Quote by: Full+Metal+Lion

I also want Mount-mounted miniguns. Or Mount-mounted mountain-mounters.

Does that just mean staple-gunning a hiker to a zombie-donkey?

Also, Dropping eBoy items. You don't want a grenade. You don't want to sell it. You don't have anyone who wants it, save for an unknown Rookie. You may or may not want to make a weapons cache in the jungle for anyone who stumbles over it. Well, how about dropping it on the map. We've got a bajillion and a half herbs cluttering the place, and a few mementos, why not items, too?

Because then that's yet another way to get req to stick over a DK, along with gifting oneshots, maiming-but-not-killing titans, and danquests.

Profile Email
Full Metal Lion
 Tuesday, August 28 2012 @ 01:09 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

If need be, Mogar. If need be.

Also, Dropping eBoy items. You don't want a grenade. You don't want to sell it. You don't have anyone who wants it, save for an unknown Rookie. You may or may not want to make a weapons cache in the jungle for anyone who stumbles over it. Well, how about dropping it on the map. We've got a bajillion and a half herbs cluttering the place, and a few mementos, why not items, too?

That would make it trivially easy to give large sums of Req to other players, through eBoy items. And, like Ada said, DKing would be really easy, because everyone is so nice here, and also because you'd say "hold this vast sum of Req stored in Item form, please," and they'd say "okay". You'd roll out of bed, fall out of an airplane, and then chainsaw your way through all the monsters.

Also: if you want to read more silly Mount names, see this thread.

Profile Email Website
Mogar
 Wednesday, August 29 2012 @ 07:04 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

If need be, Mogar. If need be.

It might just be necessary for such an effect. Plus, Hikers are only like level 2 or 3, that makes them expendable mountain-mounters-or-some-such, right?

Thinking about it now, I do see your side of things; thanks for the perspective. Things would probably get at least slightly out of hand, which is at least normal for this place.

EDIT: That thread is also thoroughly awesome! Holy crap it's old though. I know because not only are there anonymous comments, but CTP's comment is anonymous. Therefore, damn.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Wednesday, August 29 2012 @ 04:19 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

From that antique Season One thread:

Quote by: CavemanJoe

I'm thinking of writing a Joker horse that would, eventually (and I do mean eventually), and at great expense (and I do mean GREAT expense), and throughout serious inconvenience (and I do mean SERIOUS inconvenience), give a series of buffs that would essentially make you almost invincible. Mounts can evolve into more complex things (like the whole Budget Horse -> Son of Budget Horse thing), and this one would evolve through twenty different forms, all of which give different buffs, four of which give negative buffs, and then they'd all tie together in the end.

Just wanting to dust this off.

I've been hoping it would get written... but I didn't realize it had been mentioned in public. It would be awesome. Totally worth going through!

(Also, CTP's post gives a pretty good snapshot of what a day on the Island used to be like, way back in 2008. Real eye-opener, to see how much the game has evolved!)

Profile Email
Full Metal Lion
 Wednesday, August 29 2012 @ 05:01 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I like the S.U.B. (presumably pronounced like Ess You Bee) (presumably standing for either "Sports Utility Bees" or "Shit! Fuck! BEES!" with the F worn off or covered in blood) because we have Mounts that help you in fights and Mounts that scare away fights, but never yet a Mount which hates you and will join the other side in a fight. Or does an Improbable Sparks thing.

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.49 seconds
New Topic Post Reply