Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 I am here to complain unhelpfully.
 |  Printable Version
LydiaDefountain
 Wednesday, August 22 2012 @ 04:27 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

who says you are suppose to be able to get the good or best food regularly? Really? It can be a challenge.. people need a challenge.. yes I don't think anyone is disputing that the prices are inflated.. we just are saying... it may not be as big of deal as you seem to think?

Honestly CMJ had to be fought with before we got the wiki.. he doesn't want this game to be easy.. the bastard never has... he never wanted a guide and he wanted all information to be at least half inaccurate and filled with lies.. It's his game he can do what he wants.. be glad your no longer flung across the island by catapult and about breaking every bone in your body to get places...

At the beginning you have to balance the bank ,your gear, food and such.. the first dk to three I remember near to starving even on the old system, unless I put a bit away in the bank.. even 1k and let it build and work on rp forever.. then it took forever for the first dk.. but after the first 5 things got easier as the perma points lent their power, gear got better and things got easier.. it really isn't hard even with the penalties to get through dk's once you get past that.

Personally I'm more concerned for the lack of Watcher Blessing for the newbies.. I remember needing that when I didn't have a clan first dk's... it is really hard without that needing to do easy fights on the last few levels and the mob fights eating you alive...

bank bank bank. but until you learn to make enough money to get full balanced meals you are stuck on Ramen... Greasy MacDonald's like food and the poor stuff.. you have to work your way up or learn to manage money better.

By the way that would be a good food for Newhome.. the Ramen... and maybe something that's like mac and cheese stuffs >.>''

love ya CMJ still and this bloody game... :p

Profile Email
Mogar
 Wednesday, August 22 2012 @ 04:59 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Actually, AceHigh has the best food. It's costly, but it's the best around. And OH, I would totally open a jeef berky stand if we could cure meats with herbs to make them last.

Profile Email
Trowa
 Wednesday, August 22 2012 @ 02:48 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I had some really awesome venison jalapeno cheese sausage the other day from a customer who hunts deer.
/threadjack Big Grin

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Escemfer
 Thursday, August 23 2012 @ 12:36 AM UTC  

Quote by: LydiaDefountain

At the beginning you have to balance the bank ,your gear, food and such..

I confess I've been confused by all the claims that "rookies can't afford to eat and level up their gear anymore!" since, as a Rank 5 player with more than 50 DKs under my belt, I experienced the exact same problem on the old system until at around level ten. I think there has always been a decision between eating and getting better gear.

I don't game much except when I'm building something, and thus far I have absolutely no problem with the new food system. Mr. Green I'm sure it will be tweaked and improved in time. Just not within the first week when everyone's taken one look and begun frothing at the mouth. Razz Come on, people, give it some time.

Alright, now I'm going back to my corner to resume avoiding the Rabidly Miffed Anti-Newfangled-Food-System masses.

Collin-Vee
 Thursday, August 23 2012 @ 02:10 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

who says you are suppose to be able to get the good or best food regularly? Really? It can be a challenge.. people need a challenge.. yes I don't think anyone is disputing that the prices are inflated.. we just are saying... it may not be as big of deal as you seem to think?

I don't want it to be EASY, and I certainly don't want the best food every day, I DO want it to be a feasable option to actually EAT the middle-class food without it being 3.5% stamina gain or some shit. It's just insane that it's that low, honestly. I'd like the MIDDLE food to ACTUALLY be middle food, instead of pieces of shit that aren't worth the req.

Come on, people, give it some time.

I am, I'm merely focusing my attention on the faults at the moment. There are redeeming qualities to it, and I've mentioned them Smile

Profile Email
Ilovemath224
 Friday, August 24 2012 @ 12:42 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

I'd just like to point out a pro that seems to have been missed: You can eat more often with this system. And starve yourself to eat more as well. Yes, I know this costs more req, but it's possible to do this.

Profile Email
Collin-Vee
 Friday, August 24 2012 @ 12:51 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Ilovemath224

I'd just like to point out a pro that seems to have been missed: You can eat more often with this system. And starve yourself to eat more as well. Yes, I know this costs more req, but it's possible to do this.

As I've said, I'm focusing on the negative spots, but I indeed do love this.

Profile Email
blake7791
 Thursday, August 30 2012 @ 10:07 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

The main thing about the new system that I don't like is that we are not compensated for any herbs that we supply to the restaurant, which has the effect of arbitrarily increasing the cost of some foods.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Thursday, August 30 2012 @ 01:43 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: blake7791

The main thing about the new system that I don't like is that we are not compensated for any herbs that we supply to the restaurant, which has the effect of arbitrarily increasing the cost of some foods.

Herbs are stupidly easy to get in sufficient quantities that the idea of compensation for them seems silly to me. The point is that you can't sit in an outpost forever eating the best foods of that outpost without having to get up, go somewhere else, and collect herbs. It's to stop you from parking at Pleasantville for extended periods. An arbitrarily-increased food item is hardly a problem.

Profile Email
Ada
 Thursday, August 30 2012 @ 05:43 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Awesome+Fred

Quote by: blake7791

Herbs are stupidly easy to get in sufficient quantities that the idea of compensation for them seems silly to me. The point is that you can't sit in an outpost forever eating the best foods of that outpost without having to get up, go somewhere else, and collect herbs. It's to stop you from parking at Pleasantville for extended periods. An arbitrarily-increased food item is hardly a problem.

It's pretty difficult to get Scroteweed, actually... I've gotten into the habit of checking all the swamp spaces for it and tend to come up with only three or four herbs on the whole swamp at a time. I think it would be helpful if the spawn times on the herbs to be altered some - scroteweed needs a faster one, I think, given how few spaces can produce it, and sneezeroot could probably have its spawn times lengthened, given how many squares can produce it. (However, that might lead to it being really hard to find in the IC-Kitt-NH axis, so perhaps sneezeroot ought to be left the way it is!)

Profile Email
Collin-Vee
 Thursday, August 30 2012 @ 05:56 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Awesome+Fred

Then have good food EVERYWHERE, instead of just in PV or Kittania. Have it swap about like it does with the menus now, but different outposts will have the best food for the day, instead of it being THE EXACT SAME as before, with regards to quality placement. Having us have to run around, and stock up on herbs to get that one piece of food we wanted is idiotic. Have it more IMPROBABLE , as opposed to tedious.

Profile Email
Matthew
 Thursday, August 30 2012 @ 06:16 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Collin-Vee

Then have good food EVERYWHERE, instead of just in PV or Kittania.

Exactly! Thank you!

I believe I mentioned this earlier in the thread. PV STILL has the best food. Kitt STILL has the second best food. Everywhere else STILL has worthless food that nobody in their right mind would eat. CC404's food is hilarious, but completely awful because worrying about nutrition is not efficient at all.

It's been a couple weeks (are we allowed to talk about new game features yet, Awesome Fred? Do we have your permission?) and my grievances with with whole thing still stand: food balance between outposts is even worse than it was before. As of this writing, Ace High, New Pittsburgh, and Cyber City are all down to onslaught.

edit: just realized my new avatar gives the perfect tone of voice to read this post in.

edit edit: not going to name them, but I have spoken to several people, personally, who feel just like I do but they're too afraid to post things like this. So, being the nice guy I am, I'm going to let them be a dick through me, vicariously! Hooray!

Profile Email
Matthew
 Thursday, August 30 2012 @ 06:34 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

whoops, quote != edit. Ignore.

Profile Email
Collin-Vee
 Thursday, August 30 2012 @ 06:43 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Quote by: Matthew

whoops, quote != edit. Ignore.

Never!

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Thursday, August 30 2012 @ 09:07 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Chiming in to say four things:

First, AceHigh actually has the best food, if you've got the money for it.
Second, yes, data is still being gathered, food is still due for rebalancing.
Third, leave out the "Lurkers support me in email" stuff please, if they're too scared (of what, exactly?) to speak then they don't get a vote.

Profile Email Website
Matthew
 Thursday, August 30 2012 @ 09:15 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

Chiming in to say four things:
First, AceHigh actually has the best food, if you've got the money for it.

I don't remember being very impressed. Do the stamina gains fluctuate day to day? Would make sense given Jokers etc.

Second, yes, data is still being gathered, food is still due for rebalancing.
Third, leave out the "Lurkers support me in email" stuff please, if they're too scared (of what, exactly?) to speak then they don't get a vote.

Fair enough. I wasn't trying to say anything about votes, I guess I just wanted to mention that it's not only me with this opinion.
Scared wasn't the right word, my bad. More like 'too polite' or 'too cautious'.

Chiming in to say four things

four

Now I'm nervous.

Here, have another funny* gif.
Not trying to be a smartass with the gifs, honestly. Just trying to lighten the mood in here!

*may or may not be funny

Profile Email
Matthew
 Thursday, August 30 2012 @ 09:46 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Double post 2.0:
I know I've complained so much about this shit, and I want to say sorry and thank you for listening to all of my gripes. To see all of the stuff I've posted in the past month on the enquirer, you'd think I don't like this game, or something!

That's not true, though. Just assume I'm generally pretty pleased with everything I DON'T kvetch about.

Profile Email
Clueless
 Thursday, August 30 2012 @ 09:55 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Ok, just gotta say, it is not that easy to get all of the herbs. I just ran over every mountain square and got... Two SteelSeed pods. Which isn't enough for anything that matters, and this cost a great deal of stamina.

Really, that's all. ScroteWeed seems a bit rare as well, and considering the stam cost to move around on those terrains, the spawn rate could use some increasing, or the cost of those two in foods decreased.

Profile Email
Harris
 Thursday, August 30 2012 @ 09:56 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I recommend AceHigh's food even more highly than CC 404's. The Harp's entire menu is not cheap, but reasonable, all food gives good-to-large sized stam buffs, AND the writing is nearly as splendid as the Fun Faktory.

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Harris
 Thursday, August 30 2012 @ 09:59 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Matthew

Double post 2.0:
I know I've complained so much about this shit, and I want to say sorry and thank you for listening to all of my gripes. To see all of the stuff I've posted in the past month on the enquirer, you'd think I don't like this game, or something!

That's not true, though. Just assume I'm generally pretty pleased with everything I DON'T kvetch about.

Good form, Sir. Cool

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 1.62 seconds
New Topic Post Reply