Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Season Three Wild Speculation and Rumour Thread
 |  Printable Version
Buddleia
 Saturday, October 26 2013 @ 08:52 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: CavemanJoe

You've got your left hand, your right hand, and your both hands, as separate inventory slots. Gloves go on your both hands. Small weapons can go in the left hand or the right hand and we're going to assume everybody's ambidextrous because WHY NOT. Some weapons need two hands, and they go in your both hands.

Does that mean that if you're wearing gloves you can't use a two-handed weapon and vice versa? And that you can use two small weapons at once?

You've got your left hand, your right hand, and your both hands, as separate inventory slots. Gloves go on your both hands. Small weapons can go in the left hand or the right hand and we're going to assume everybody's ambidextrous because WHY NOT. Some weapons need two hands, and they go in your both hands.

Does that mean that you can use two small weapons at once, one in each hand? And that if you're wearing gloves on your both hands, you can't use a two-handed weapon, and vice versa? These are also fantastic/ally hilarious, thank you!

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Monday, October 28 2013 @ 03:50 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by: Buddleia

Does that mean that if you're wearing gloves you can't use a two-handed weapon and vice versa?

...why on Earth would I do that?

Profile Email Website
Buddleia
 Monday, October 28 2013 @ 05:17 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I was doing some Wild Speculation, making obviously-incorrect assumptions about how items would occupy inventory slots! "One item, one slot" would mean that you couldn't have a weapon and a gloves in your Both Hands, I think? Anyway, if not, awesome. Next up, wondering how many items you can put in each inventory slot - can you wear your Pants, Shoes, Shirt, Helmet, Gloves, Armor and a Weapon all on your head at the same time? And who's going to be the first to draw that?

(Also, I have no idea why my previous post looks like that.)

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
Count Sessine
 Monday, October 28 2013 @ 07:06 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

I was doing some Wild Speculation, making obviously-incorrect assumptions about how items would occupy inventory slots! "One item, one slot" would mean that you couldn't have a weapon and a gloves in your Both Hands, I think? Anyway, if not, awesome. Next up, wondering how many items you can put in each inventory slot - can you wear your Pants, Shoes, Shirt, Helmet, Gloves, Armor and a Weapon all on your head at the same time? And who's going to be the first to draw that?

(Also, I have no idea why my previous post looks like that.)

(more Wild Speculation)

If you can do all that, can you also have a one-handed weapon in your Left Hand, a one-handed weapon in your Right Hand, and a two-handed weapon in your Both Hands? *

...I'm going to go ahead and speculate that sure, you can, but if you do, it won't give you any advantage in combat: Whatever you're holding with Both Hands will take precedence?

--
* It sounds ridiculous for most weapons, but hey, why not? Also, I have faith in Islanders. I'm sure someone can think up a combination where you wouldn't be always fumbling and dropping everything. Oh. Maybe brass knuckles?

Profile Email
Docenspiel
 Monday, October 28 2013 @ 09:14 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I was assuming that armor and weapon slots would be separated, so you could still wear gloves on your both hands (or your pants or maybe some leggings) and wield your Riot Hammer as well.

For rent: one skull, in serious need of dusting.

Profile Email
Thomas_III
 Tuesday, October 29 2013 @ 12:16 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Quote by: Thomas_III

And, the one thing that I want more than anything elseÖ. The ability to change where doors go to. As it stands, making a door makes you pick two rooms that it goes to, and you canít change them. So, if a room becomes useless, and thereís no other room idea to go there, then you have a useless door that you have to just hide. If you can change the doorís destinations, then no door becomes useless. The same could be true of Pages, since changing a room will often make a page pointless, especially if you canít think of a new page to put there. If you could move the page to another room, and then change the description to fit what you need there.

I'd like to bring this up one more time, because it's just that important. If doors, pages and bed slots (yes, bed slots) were movable, then changing areas that are no longer in use would be a piece of cake. There would be no more "just hide that door or page" when a room has to be changed. You could completely repurpose all of the components that went into building that room. This would be a huge improvement in the building process.

Plus, it would be nice to have furniture to be edited in the slot, rather than being carried from IC. Once you have the type of bed in place, you could just change the name and description to match what you needed. The changes could be a decorating job, once the bed is in place.

Profile Email
Omega
 Tuesday, October 29 2013 @ 01:55 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Does that mean that if you're wearing gloves you can't use a two-handed weapon and vice versa?

...why on Earth would I do that?

Broadsword gloves! Potato peeler gloves! Laser gloves! Rock gloves! Catapult Gloves! Medieval shield gloves! On-fire gloves! Angry Cat gloves! Bee gloves! Terribly smelling and slimy gloves!

On the same vein, any other piece of equipment that takes more than one slot, like a sundress that takes both shirt and pant slots. (Of course, there can still be pieces of equipment that take only one slot.)

There are two secrets to success. The second one is to never reveal all your secrets.

Profile Email
Thomas_III
 Tuesday, October 29 2013 @ 02:57 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Oh, and Places could have Windows! They would be like doors but, instead of going through them, they would show you what's on the other side. It would be part of the "explore the area" section, and clicking on it would bring up a page of what you see in the adjoining room, as well as a list of any contestants that may be out there. By making one side or the other hidden, you could create effects like one-way mirrors, peepholes, or hidden cameras. (Though, you wouldn't see any chat text, so you couldn't peep in to read ERP, though you could act like you're seeing something if you have fair reason to believe that something is happening.)

Profile Email
Trowa
 Tuesday, October 29 2013 @ 03:01 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Oooh, do we get an 'underwear' slot? Wear Frilly Pink Panties under Omega's sundress, gain armor bonus for protecting your junk! Wear the Lacey Lingerie with Pants, but lose the Lingerie's benefits! Remove pants, and be stunningly gorgeous again!

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Laser Towel
 Tuesday, October 29 2013 @ 03:14 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Whistle and I were discussing Titans the other day, and we got to thinking about how people bring up mobile Places from time to time.

I know, you've heard it all before and it's horribly gamebreaking, but hear me out.

What if, when you killed a Titan, it continued to roam about the map aimlessly and at random.

And what if you could put a stake in it and build a Place.

The random bit would mitigate the gamebreakishness of it, because you can't control where it goes... but it's still mobile. Plus it would be really cool to have some lumbering Titan hulk stomping around everywhere with a little hut built into the side of its calf, or maybe even a small village nestled high atop its head. You could even make it a percentage chance, where, say, when a Titan dies there is a 3% chance of it maintaining a zombielike state (thus making it Place-worthy). Or 17%. Or 0.01%, or really any arbitrary value that seems good enough.

Hell, maybe it takes five stakes instead of one to claim it. Maybe it has thirty slots instead of the usual four that map tiles have. There are a lot of things you could jigger around to make it work.

Just a thought.

Dent

Profile Email
Omega
 Tuesday, October 29 2013 @ 03:16 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Oh yes, Trowa! Weaponized underwear!

There are two secrets to success. The second one is to never reveal all your secrets.

Profile Email
Trowa
 Tuesday, October 29 2013 @ 04:08 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Omega

Oh yes, Trowa! Weaponized underwear!

::snicker:: Booby traps.

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Buddleia
 Saturday, November 02 2013 @ 12:12 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

So this idea suddenly came to me. If we've got all these different inventory slots for bodyparts as well as bags, and presumably all these different clothes/armors from Sheila's which can go into them ... what about scavenging clothes/armors from monsters?

Plenty of people, in-character, wear things they've found or made from stuff in the jungles. Sure, the in-character counter-argument is that by the time you've fought a monster their clothes are unwearable (especially if you use the more destructive weapons), but I bet you could get some rags out of it at least. Or lionskin rugs!

I'm thinking that each monster you kill could have the options "clean carcass for meat" and "loot body". There'd be an RNG for what you might find each time - sometimes you'd get nothing - but each monster will have a list of possibles for what you could find. Higher-level monsters have better stuff; for example from the Little Old Lady you might get a dress or an underskirt or a pair of bloomers which would give +1 armor and -1 charm, but the Albert might have a tweed jacket or pants which give +7 armor. (Or maybe they give less armor than the level of the monster, considering that you just beat their owner and then pulled them off the remains.) Maybe you could find goodies too?

Come to think about it, what about a very small chance of scavenging their weapons too, for the few monsters which have actual weapon-weapons? Use the Grimbot's Large, Dangerous Scythe! Smack knuckles with the Severe Stereotypical Nun's Ruler!

Of course, this does add yet another massive layer of complications to gameplay and to game-coding. It could be hard to balance fairly. I dunno whether it's worth it - depends whether it'd be fun or just end up as a chore, and on whether it'd be taking the game too far from "lighthearted craziness" into annoying "monsters drop loot" style adventure games. Might be better staying as your mental narrative for what your character does ... or it might be hilarious.

Profile Email Website
Sneaky
 Saturday, November 02 2013 @ 01:55 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

So this idea suddenly came to me. If we've got all these different inventory slots for bodyparts as well as bags, and presumably all these different clothes/armors from Sheila's which can go into them ... what about scavenging clothes/armors from monsters?

It would be a little nice to find ammo and grenades on monsters, as common sense dictates.

Would be a nice alternative to getting Requisition some of the time (and can be sold anyway).

And if certain weapons are common enough to be looted, a 'steal' mechanic could take place. It might even be justified in PVP - if some player steals your weapon, you go get another later.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/560/004/989.gif

Profile Email
Grey
 Sunday, November 10 2013 @ 12:58 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Well, if you're going to have achievements, you need to give ones out for being in season one and two, such as "Are you still here?" and "How do I get rid of you?"

Profile Email
nicto1
 Tuesday, November 12 2013 @ 05:43 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I recognize that this is probably an Unreasonable Request, but just in case it isn't I am posting it anyway. One can only hope... . I know that as one has more DK's the subsequent ones become harder and harder. That's understandable and probably good IMHO. It wasn't until my late 40's though that I discovered that my ego required me to complete a Bastard run. Street cred and respectability and all that. I'm now on my 49th DK and my very first rank 7 run is going to take me *months* (Not exaggerating! Such pain! My family is tired of listening to me swearing!) at this point.

TL, DR: Would it be possible to make one's first run at each advanced rank equivalent to an early one, in terms of points to advance to the next level? I'm not sure if I'm being clear...but if it takes so many experience points to advance to the next level in an early DK, could we make that true for the first try at the next higher Rank, regardless of the number of DK's? Thanks so much for even considering this!

Oh, and: Klaatu Barada Nicto!

Profile Email
Docenspiel
 Tuesday, November 12 2013 @ 09:23 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

We don't know how experience is going to work with the 'level up doing anything' system. Or if there'll even be different difficulties.

For rent: one skull, in serious need of dusting.

Profile Email
Harris
 Saturday, November 16 2013 @ 04:02 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

...you will be able to play Improbable Island on your Playstation 4. Mr. Green

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Mogar
 Saturday, November 16 2013 @ 11:19 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Since doing something with an oversized, overweight pack on takes more effort, strength, and perhaps finesse, would you gain more experience with an oversized pack? Or with higher weight in your pack under the limit, in case overweighted packs might just be detrimental to what you're doing (like warming up for a baseball swing with a weighted bat)?

Profile Email
nicto1
 Tuesday, November 26 2013 @ 09:10 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I would love, love, love to see a drink effect that gave +initiative, to inhibit one-shotting by high rank monsters.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.69 seconds
New Topic Post Reply