Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 It's that time again 3: Revenge of the SP
 |  Printable Version
LydiaDefountain
 Saturday, October 11 2014 @ 04:20 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Watching the Tamar's Nightmare challenge... how about a creature.... a kraken... that is in the middle of the lake and gets tougher and more challenging the higher the donation bar is.

Trouble is figuring out when to spawn it... could be a manual thing, done by mod or yourself. Thing stays an egg at first deep underwater where nothing can get at it, not coming out till it is more powerful then a titan more on Nightmare level but like a titan is able to be a group take down...

Not sure... still a lot of logistics to figure out... but have it so that the reward for people to beat it when the bar is white and it is most powerful be something that would get people going for it? Trouble is thinking of a prize that isn't game breaking...

Profile Email
LydiaDefountain
 Saturday, October 11 2014 @ 04:23 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Lain

How about a Mystery Lodge Box? 999 or 1499 SP, and could contain any combination of things from the Hunter's Lodge (within certain limits). Could get about the same SP worth of items, or like with cookie packs, sometimes score the better stuff.

There already is a lodge box for 14.99 with a variety of lodge and eboys items.

Profile Email
Lain
 Saturday, October 11 2014 @ 04:33 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: LydiaDefountain

There already is a lodge box for 14.99 with a variety of lodge and eboys items.[/p]

Yes, but I mean one that has different stuff inside every time. Minimum, close to the value of the box, but could be greater.

Profile Email
Docenspiel
 Saturday, October 11 2014 @ 12:17 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

A grab bag isn't that great an idea. If you want something, you're just going to buy it instead of paying for hopefully getting it. And you're also going to get stuff you're never going to use. It's fine in the Cookie packs, where it's just a bonus for buying the Cookies, but you paid for the items in the box and if you don't want them, you've wasted your money.

What about a more customizable biography? Choose the background, what game data gets shown, where it's shown, etc.

For rent: one skull, in serious need of dusting.

Profile Email
Makiwa
 Saturday, October 11 2014 @ 01:29 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

My brain is salivating.....

Quote by: Genevieve

.. or the option to put one large image in the bio to supplement the 100x100 pixel image.

Quote by: Cavemanjoe

I've been wanting to do programmable Mementos for a while now...

Quote by: Docenspiel

images for Places. Something like a 100x400 banner for signs, plaques and whathaveyou.

This from Budd's list sounds like fun and workable? ;
"Town Mayor - remember way back when the council offices were totally corrupt? The clan that upped the most req controlled that settlement and its goodies ? Such nefarious plans and strategems - happy days.

How about the player who coughs up the most SP in any particular settlement becomes Mayor of said town? Right up until someone trumps his/her contribution.

There should be benefits, something like massive discount at Sheila's, a badge (Right Honourable Mayor of Squathole badge, anyone ?) even an 'Ex Mayor of (insert settlement name)' badge once deposed, for example. And to stop anyone from buying a permanent position, a maximum term is of a finite duration.

Now this has the potential for 'voting' by donating SP to Mayoral candidates. Backstabbing ! Corruption ! LOTS OF FLOWING SP !"

Eek! Big Grin

It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Saturday, October 11 2014 @ 03:29 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Too close to real life. Mr. Green

Profile Email Website
Buddleia
 Sunday, October 12 2014 @ 11:11 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

How about selling the Monthly Mementos, for people who really want a Spice Shaker or a Pumpkin-Flavoured Carrot but didn't/couldn't donate during the right month? Sell 'em for 500SP so that people don't just wait until the first of the next month and then snap them up at a discount instead of donating $5.

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
Twosocks Monkey
 Sunday, October 12 2014 @ 11:41 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Buddleia

How about selling the Monthly Mementos, for people who really want a Spice Shaker or a Pumpkin-Flavoured Carrot but didn't/couldn't donate during the right month? Sell 'em for 500SP so that people don't just wait until the first of the next month and then snap them up at a discount instead of donating $5.

Love this! But maybe make it cost more even. Like 700 or 1000 SP. So you're encouraged to buy them when they come out each month but... you can still fork over for the one you missed and really wish you had!

And CMJ gets a kickback for you missing it the first time!

moooooooooo Visit and help me finish the monster list: goo.gl/rpBGe (Ya'll mostly know me as CLOG, fyi)

Profile Email Website
Count Sessine
 Tuesday, October 14 2014 @ 04:39 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: Docenspiel

Or a rentable inventory for putting building materials in that automatically delivers them to your Place on New Day.

How about generalizing this to a Building Materials Delivery Service, delivering a shipment of harvested wood and stone to any designated Place by the next New Day. This would make it more convenient to donate materials for a friend's new project or to a clan hall Place, but players without the financial resources to donate could still schlep the stuff there in a backpack the way everyone has to now, so it's a natural supporter point option. The supporter point cost for a delivery would of course be proportional to the weight.

The item you'd purchase in advance from the Lodge (for maybe 5 or 10 sp) would be a giftable* one-use signalling device to call up the delivery service.

When you used it, you could negotiate the delivery of a specified quantity of building materials from your current inventory to a specified Place id, and you'd be quoted the shipping cost in SP. The one-use signalling item would only be used up if you accepted the quote, so perhaps it has to go with the shipment as a bill of lading.

Notice I said "a specified Place id" rather than suggesting the incorporation of a place lookup feature in this item. There's good reason for that. Identifying a particular Place from the in-game information that players tend to remember is not entirely simple, and would be error-prone. If a big shipment of materials is occasionally delivered at great SP expense to the wrong Place, that would generate a big headache for Junebug!

A player-specified placeid is unambiguous. It would be easy to show them the name, location, and even external description of the placeid they've entered, to let them verify that yes, that's exactly where they want the stuff sent.

There are already a number of ways for players to find out a placeid. (For instance, someone who's in the Place just looks at the url.) And a separate, easier-to-access, place lookup feature should probably be available to everyone in-game anyway.

==
* I know, you'd think someone who couldn't afford 5 or 10 sp wouldn't be wanting to call up what's probably going to be a fairly pricey delivery service, but I was thinking of this: "Oops, here I am all loaded down, can't move more than one square a day, nowhere near an outpost, and I don't want to empty all my chronos getting up to that remote location. I totally meant to buy a signaller for the delivery service, dammit! Hey, guys! Helpp! Could someone send me one? I'll love you forever!"

Profile Email
Buddleia
 Tuesday, October 14 2014 @ 05:27 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Count+Sessine

There are already a number of ways for players to find out a placeid. (For instance, someone who's in the Place just looks at the url.)

Plus the landreg has most of them ...

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
Anonymous: Gorbert+VH
 Sunday, October 19 2014 @ 10:50 PM UTC  

I have a few ideas. I already mentioned the first one to CMJ in Banter, but I'll repost it here.

Items similar to the Builder's Brew, but for travel or jungle fighting. There have been plenty of days where the Joker dice have given me great combat bonuses, and a stamina cost of 4% for regular hunting. Other days where I would like to walk around the Island, but doing so isn't feasible because of the high stamina cost.

Some way to get off of the Failboat without forcing a New Day. Say you just used a Super Chronosphere, or spent thousands of req on food to get a huge amount of stamina, and then on your first jungle fight you get knocked out and then on the Failboat you trip on your way into a cage and knock yourself out again. It doesn't matter how many chronospheres you have, if you use a New Day all of that stamina will go to waste. That's especially annoying as a Joker if you finally have a day that's great for combat. Stamina loss aside, triggering a new day could give you really terrible combat bonuses.

That's all I can think of for now.

LydiaDefountain
 Tuesday, October 21 2014 @ 06:38 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Gorbert+VH

I have a few ideas. I already mentioned the first one to CMJ in Banter, but I'll repost it here.

Items similar to the Builder's Brew, but for travel or jungle fighting. There have been plenty of days where the Joker dice have given me great combat bonuses, and a stamina cost of 4% for regular hunting. Other days where I would like to walk around the Island, but doing so isn't feasible because of the high stamina cost.

Some way to get off of the Failboat without forcing a New Day. Say you just used a Super Chronosphere, or spent thousands of req on food to get a huge amount of stamina, and then on your first jungle fight you get knocked out and then on the Failboat you trip on your way into a cage and knock yourself out again. It doesn't matter how many chronospheres you have, if you use a New Day all of that stamina will go to waste. That's especially annoying as a Joker if you finally have a day that's great for combat. Stamina loss aside, triggering a new day could give you really terrible combat bonuses.

For the last one... that is what favor is for... you can be returned to the island without losing the last day for 100 favor by talking to the Watcher and choosing get me off this damned dirty failboat... and what the cage battles are for... try heading down below decks next time you find yourself there.

Profile Email
Matthew
 Tuesday, October 21 2014 @ 10:00 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

try heading down below decks next time you find yourself there.

and then on the Failboat you trip on your way into a cage and knock yourself out again.

I've been in the position that he describes before (really need to get off the failboat, lose your first cage fight because of RNG bullshit) and it's actually pretty infuriating! A way to pay some SP to get off the failboat without triggering a new day seems dandy to me.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Gorbert+VH
 Wednesday, October 22 2014 @ 03:22 AM UTC  

For the last one... that is what favor is for... you can be returned to the island without losing the last day for 100 favor by talking to the Watcher and choosing get me off this damned dirty failboat... and what the cage battles are for... try heading down below decks next time you find yourself there.

While I appreciate the thought, I did, in fact, mention the cage fights in my original post: "and then on the Failboat you trip on your way into a cage and knock yourself out again."

Don't let my Enquirer newbie status fool you! I've actually been around for a long, long time... Wink

Gorbert
 Wednesday, October 22 2014 @ 03:44 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Sorry about that. I honestly didn't know that this account still existed since it predates my departure from the Island and apparently I haven't used it since 2009. I think I forgot which email account I had used to create it and figured it had been axed. Thank you for helping me recover, Sessine.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Wednesday, October 22 2014 @ 04:28 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

There's some damn good ideas in here. Sessine, I particularly like the building supplies one. That does seem like a natural candidate for SP, since it doesn't affect gameplay.

Profile Email Website
Wongo the Sane
 Wednesday, October 22 2014 @ 12:37 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

All you other set in your ways veterans really should pay more attention next time you're on the Failboat. I believe there have been some changes to the way cage fighting works in the last few months...

Profile Email
LydiaDefountain
 Wednesday, October 22 2014 @ 06:26 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

While I appreciate the thought, I did, in fact, mention the cage fights in my original post: "and then on the Failboat you trip on your way into a cage and knock yourself out again."

Don't let my Enquirer newbie status fool you! I've actually been around for a long, long time... Wink

Heh sorry as Wongo mentioned the failboat has changed... now if you go down 0 favor first fight down... yeah you are still stuck... but if you have at least 10 favor... you can now heal and get back at it... also try down below. There are soo many ways to get a stockpile of favor now.

Profile Email
Gorbert
 Wednesday, October 22 2014 @ 09:15 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Wongo+the+Sane

All you other set in your ways veterans really should pay more attention next time you're on the Failboat. I believe there have been some changes to the way cage fighting works in the last few months...

Be that as it may, I'm still asking for a way to get off the Failboat without triggering a New Day if you do find yourself stuck there. I don't think there's anything wrong with implementing such an idea.

Profile Email
Docenspiel
 Wednesday, October 22 2014 @ 09:36 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

But the Failboat's supposed to be a punishment for losing. And having to give up your buffs and stam are the punishment for losing enough to not be able to get off the Failboat. If it's not going to properly incentivize you to not lose, there's not much point in having it.

For rent: one skull, in serious need of dusting.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.50 seconds
New Topic Post Reply