Profile Email Website
calliaphone
 Wednesday, August 31 2011 @ 11:21 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Type
Contraption

Description
The contraption with the image-text "Hide Room Desc" is showing up with the following information:
- name: Warp to Room
- details: A Contraption that hides the current Room Description.

Profile Email
calliaphone
 Wednesday, August 31 2011 @ 11:23 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Type
Logic grid expansion

Description
I can add rows and columns to programs, but the new rows won't accept Cs&Cs into their spaces. New columns are okay.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Thursday, September 01 2011 @ 02:36 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Type
Job creation

Description
Planting a land stake still makes an Empty Plot, but no longer creates the 'firstroom' build job, which leaves the place in a state where no further development is possible. This doesn't happen in my localhost, so it's a very recent change.

(Possibly intentional, with more changes to come that will allow job creation even in an Empty Plot, but I figure it's worth mentioning just in case.)

Where Found
http://www.improbableisland.com/placesbeta/runmodule.php?module=places&op=stakemapclaim&sub=confirm&c=948-150741
http://www.improbableisland.com/placesbeta/runmodule.php?module=places&op=build&placeid=76

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Thursday, September 01 2011 @ 10:11 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Type
Cosmetic

Description
The contraption that hides the current room description is called 'Warp to Room', making it easy to confuse with the contraption of the same name that warps to rooms.

Type
Text recognition

Description
I've got a program with two contraptions for partial text matches, one for LOOK and one for PILLAR, underneath each other, and then a couple contrivances on the third row that show you a page and hide the main room text. ( So that LOOK AT PILLAR etc. also work.)

When I try to activate these, it takes me to the page as expected, but then tells me COMMAND NOT RECOGNISED underneath.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Friday, September 02 2011 @ 01:35 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Type
Locks

Description
There doesn't seem to be an option right now to lock or unlock the outside door of a Place.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Friday, September 02 2011 @ 03:49 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Just tried to use memories. Bought three memories, tried putting two into slots in the programming page. It tells me that there are no memories defined. Did this twice. They disappear from your inventory, but don't appear in the place.

Profile Email
Anonymous: ophelianeutral
 Saturday, September 03 2011 @ 07:42 PM UTC  

For what it's worth, I'm a robot.

From the second Untitled Place on 38,22 (404)

Explore this area - Rain

PHP Warning: "call_user_func(contraption_rain_fire) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback"
in /home/improbab/public_html/placesbeta/modules/places/lib/lib.php at 350.
Call Stack:
2: call_user_func("contraption_rain_fire") called from /home/improbab/public_html/placesbeta/modules/places/lib/lib.php on line 350
3: places_handle_machines("53", "163", "82") called from /home/improbab/public_html/placesbeta/modules/places/run/room.php on line 46
4: require_once("/home/improbab/public_htm...") called from /home/improbab/public_html/placesbeta/modules/places.php on line 36
5: places_run() called from /home/improbab/public_html/placesbeta/runmodule.php on line 33
Test of rain. Works on Midgets.

This room should rain on Midgets

http://www.improbableisland.com/placesbeta/runmodule.php?module=places&op=room&placeid=53&roomid=163&pageid=82&c=353-202433

The room Rain is fine, it's only when you explore "rain"

Tahvohck
 Wednesday, September 07 2011 @ 09:32 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Type:
Material gathering

Description:
When logging or quarrying more than one item at a time, the text for "I put aside my pack" is displayed, but doesn't actually seem to put it down: you get spammed with "pack too heavy, smart one" messages for however many times you chose to do so.

Profile Email
Tahvohck
 Wednesday, September 07 2011 @ 09:36 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Type:
Inventory

Description:
There's...some nonexistent item in my (character) inventory, with only a "discard | " option(s?). No clue what it is, but I remember seeing the same thing on Beep's test server, when there was no data for the item (I think is what it was).

Profile Email
Tahvohck
 Wednesday, September 07 2011 @ 09:40 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Type:
Building?

Description:
I don't remember seeing this anywhere, so I assume it's a bug: I can't find any way to name doors. I wouldn't be surprised if this was just a removed feature or what, but like I said I haven't seen anything about it anywhere in my (brief) search.

Profile Email
Tahvohck
 Wednesday, September 07 2011 @ 09:44 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

End notes:
Seconding both "Disappearing memory" and "place-name reset" bugs:
Upon completion of a new room, my dwelling is reset to "Untitled Place" and the description reset.
Upon usage of a Memory-chip, it's removed from my inventory but not added to my place.

(I don't know if the memory bit is what the MOTD was about or not, figured I'd find out.)

Profile Email
Tahvohck
 Wednesday, September 07 2011 @ 10:41 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

*sighs* Well, that's one down: figured out how door-naming works...

On the plus-side! Damn that's a sight nicer-looking than the old links. Joe, this system is gorgeous!

Profile Email
Tahvohck
 Wednesday, September 07 2011 @ 12:31 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Type:
Contrivance

Description:
Not sure if this is a glitch per se, but the time contrivance doesn't wrap around midnight.
e.g. If I want a program to fire from 8pm to 6am, I need two time blocks: one from 20:00 to midnight, and another from midnight to 6:00.

Profile Email
Tahvohck
 Wednesday, September 07 2011 @ 10:11 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Whooevenmore
Type:
Decoration

Description:
Pages don't seem to be getting a reduction on similar decoration jobs. That, or I severely misunderstand how they're calculated. I assume that adding a sentence to the front should count as "similar".

Profile Email
Tahvohck
 Friday, September 09 2011 @ 02:12 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

yaysodamnmanythings
Type:
Donator points

Description:
Again, not sure if it's a bug, but circuit boards don't have a confirm page when buying. I don't know if the cost was taken away, but if it isn't it would make sense to have that confirm before money-spending.

Profile Email
Trex
 Friday, September 09 2011 @ 12:33 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Type:
Building Materials

Description:
Not certain if this is a bug. My Dwelling has been converted into a new Place. And I recieved the distraction telling me about it. In it I have this line:

Your new Place is not yet assembled, but is made up out of all the Wood and Stone contained in your old Dwelling. Your old Dwelling had 22 rooms which, once size expansions have been taken into account, works out to 1700 Wood and 505 Stone.

Which is correct. However, previous to the update my dwelling also had 572 Wood and 487 Stone in the material stock pile that seems to have disappeared into the ether. Any idea if this was intentional?

Profile Email
Swede
 Friday, September 09 2011 @ 03:34 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Type
Cosmetic

Description
"Contrivance: Memory Part Greater
A Contrivance that passes if a specified digit inside a specified Memory is less than a specified value."

The Memory part lesser uses the same image as greater.

Where Found:
Scrapyard

Profile Email
Buddleia
 Friday, September 09 2011 @ 03:41 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Type: Materials gathering

Details:
Overweight backpack/bandolier stamina charge on the x5 and x10.

(The "Once" doesn't overcharge.)

Gathering Materials

Correctly figuring that your backpack and bandolier would only slow you down, you shrug them off and put them somewhere you can keep an eye on them.

You hack away until you have what can only be described as a bloody enormous log, suitable as a part of a quaint little cabin. It couldn't possibly fit into your backpack, but you stuff it in anyway.
Thanks to your horribly overweight backpack, everything seems much harder.
You hack away until you have what can only be described as a bloody enormous log, suitable as a part of a quaint little cabin. It couldn't possibly fit into your backpack, but you stuff it in anyway.

This doesn't matter on the placesbeta, using the places test items - but it will matter on the main Island. Anyway, holy hell thank you for the multiples - that will free up a lot of time and serverload that would have been spent on mindless clicking.

Link:
http://www.improbableisland.com/placesbeta/runmodule.php?module=items_world_map_gathering&mat=wood&iterations=5&item=toolbox_carpentry&c=374-163705

and

http://www.improbableisland.com/placesbeta/runmodule.php?module=items_world_map_gathering&mat=wood&iterations=10&item=toolbox_carpentry&c=375-163749

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
Matthew
 Friday, September 09 2011 @ 07:05 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Type: Place naming

Details:
Possible bug: I set my Place's external description and name, decorated it, and after doing a few more internal jobs it reset to the 'Untitled Place' thing for no real reason.

Type: Barn Raiser

Details:
Doesn't set travel or gathering costs to zero. Could be intentional.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.56 seconds