Forum Index > Places > Places: Feedback and Development New Topic Post Reply
 Places: Bug Reports
 |  Printable Version
Cousjava
 Saturday, September 17 2011 @ 01:36 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Type: Barn raiser

Description: When I logged on today for the first time since the Places re-set. I did some fighting in the Jungle,and moved new Pleasantville for the morning. In my inventory I had the barn raiser. I used up the stamina for the day, planning to use a chronosphere and then rebuild my dwelling. New day, I bought a couple of steaks, went down to Central, got the kits, went back up to my old dwelling location, got the wood and stone back. I then used up most of the wood in one go trying to work on the dwelling. Realised I'd run out of stamina, having forgotten to use the barn raiser. Though 'oh, fine' and went into my inventory. It wasn't there. Checked my stamina costs, bought a little more food and checked again, and it still isn't there. I didn't use it, but its now gone.

A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a trombone; what else does a man need to be happy?

Profile Email Website
Count Sessine
 Saturday, September 17 2011 @ 02:51 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: Cousjava

Type: Barn raiser

Description: When I logged on today for the first time since the Places re-set. I did some fighting in the Jungle,and moved new Pleasantville for the morning. In my inventory I had the barn raiser. I used up the stamina for the day, planning to use a chronosphere and then rebuild my dwelling. New day, I bought a couple of steaks, went down to Central, got the kits, went back up to my old dwelling location, got the wood and stone back. I then used up most of the wood in one go trying to work on the dwelling. Realised I'd run out of stamina, having forgotten to use the barn raiser. Though 'oh, fine' and went into my inventory. It wasn't there. Checked my stamina costs, bought a little more food and checked again, and it still isn't there. I didn't use it, but its now gone.

Look in the inventory of your Place -- that's where you saw it, and it's still there.

(Now... where did I leave my glasses?)

Profile Email
ByteKing
 Saturday, September 17 2011 @ 06:01 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: dizzyizzy

Quote by: ByteKing

I just created a memento that will be automatically dispensed in the Bordello, but when I go to add them to the Places inventory, (like is says too in the text for the Contraption: Give Memento) it doesn't show the memento's as an item you can donate.

Am I missing something? or is this a bug?

Text from Contraption:
Give Memento Contraption
This Contraption will give a Memento to the player. The Memento will be taken from the Place's Inventory.

Some caveats:
* If you intend to use this Contraption a lot, you must keep your Inventory fully-stocked with Mementos to give! If there isn't a Memento available, the Contraption will fail!

A workaround, for now, is to set up a program in another room that takes the memento, then jump in and out of the room. That'll stock your inventory.

Excellent Idea, Dizzy. Worked perfectly. Clunky, but their now in inventory. Thanks.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Monday, September 19 2011 @ 06:41 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Type:
Customized Teleport Beacon

Description:
The text paid for in Cadfael's and saved as 'places_bed_desc' is not displayed anywhere once the teleport beacon is in a slot -- neither as part of the room text, nor when a teleporting passenger arrives.

Where encountered:
http://www.improbableisland.com/runmodule.php?module=places&op=room&placeid=510&roomid=436&c=61-072720

This beacon's item id is 9271221, and it is in slotid 193.

Profile Email
Trowa
 Monday, September 19 2011 @ 04:21 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Trowa

Quote by: Maniak

Trowa, did you get the stamina bonus?

Because I do not get stamina bonuses from sleeping in a bed. Or on the couch.

Hadn't even noticed, honestly, due to the Extended Play. Confused But, I wake up with 125% stamina right now, and I know 5% is from my steel-toed boots. I'm a Joker, so no health penalties, either.

To elaborate a little on this issue, it seems that a Natural New Day does not award the stamina bonus of a Single Bed, while using a chronosphere does.

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Ariento
 Monday, September 19 2011 @ 07:21 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I've been having a problem with a lack of extra stamina on a new day too.

Profile Email
ByteKing
 Monday, September 19 2011 @ 08:54 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Oh, and when you use a Contraption: "Show Page" to display Page text, it doesn't use the pages configuration as to whether or not to show the room text as well. In this case NOT to show, it always shows.

Minor, but still a bug. Smile

Bringing this bug up again, as it is now more than minor.

The program increments a memory module, then checks that memory module to see if it's less than say 40. If it is, it shows a page edited for someone that hasn't been to my place that much.

The Show Page glitch shows the page if they are new correctly, then shows the regular text below, ignoring my setting to NOT display that text... Confusing to new players.

Thanks and keep up the great work. I'm enjoying the new additions immensely.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Monday, September 19 2011 @ 09:23 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Oh, and when you use a Contraption: "Show Page" to display Page text, it doesn't use the pages configuration as to whether or not to show the room text as well. In this case NOT to show, it always shows.

The program increments a memory module, then checks that memory module to see if it's less than say 40. If it is, it shows a page edited for someone that hasn't been to my place that much.

The Show Page glitch shows the page if they are new correctly, then shows the regular text below, ignoring my setting to NOT display that text... Confusing to new players.

This isn't a glitch - this is the intended behaviour, so that the same Page can be more easily re-used elsewhere in the Place with different Programs. Use the "Hide Room Description" if you're calling a Page from within a Program and don't want to show the Room text after the Page.

Profile Email Website
Count Sessine
 Tuesday, September 20 2011 @ 04:06 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Type:
'weightless_' items

Description:
The 'weightless_store' and 'weightless_beacon' items do not have the 'dkpersist' setting, so they will not last through a DK.

Where found:
In the items_settings table, after a player question.

Profile Email
ByteKing
 Tuesday, September 20 2011 @ 05:36 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: CavemanJoe

This isn't a glitch - this is the intended behaviour, so that the same Page can be more easily re-used elsewhere in the Place with different Programs. Use the "Hide Room Description" if you're calling a Page from within a Program and don't want to show the Room text after the Page.

I'd missed that little contraption. Works perfectly. Thanks. Smile

Profile Email
Beeps
 Friday, September 23 2011 @ 04:08 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Type: Navigation
Description: If a Place is still un-built, looking at the inventory forces you to return to the map in order to go back and build.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
LydiaDefountain
 Friday, September 23 2011 @ 04:35 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

I've used a barn raiser to rebuild the mansions, and since then I've spent several days travelling round the Island. I haven't been jumped by a single beastie. Not one.

Took me a while to notice, and then wonder if I was just being lucky with the RNG, but I'm pretty sure that it's just not happening at all. I've been travelling in complete safety on less than 30% stam.

Is anybody else having this? Or am I just being phenomenally lucky?

rementioning this with a note, I think I've even been seeing my exp jump up a bit as if I had a fight was set to win it and continue... I only just managed to figure out why I felt the exp amount in my bar felt odd to me today when I was headed back to my place. But ya complete safety from battles and free exp after barn raiser was used and done.

Profile Email
Matthew
 Friday, September 23 2011 @ 05:09 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: LydiaDefountain

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

I've used a barn raiser to rebuild the mansions, and since then I've spent several days travelling round the Island. I haven't been jumped by a single beastie. Not one.

Took me a while to notice, and then wonder if I was just being lucky with the RNG, but I'm pretty sure that it's just not happening at all. I've been travelling in complete safety on less than 30% stam.

Is anybody else having this? Or am I just being phenomenally lucky?

rementioning this with a note, I think I've even been seeing my exp jump up a bit as if I had a fight was set to win it and continue... I only just managed to figure out why I felt the exp amount in my bar felt odd to me today when I was headed back to my place. But ya complete safety from battles and free exp after barn raiser was used and done.

Now that you mention it, I haven't had a single map encounter that I can remember since I used my first one.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, September 23 2011 @ 06:38 AM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Okay, so as it turns out, since the start of Season Two Monster Repellent Sprays haven't worked properly.

Yes, I know, it's hard to believe. Long story short, if you ever used a MRS, then your encounter chance was permanently set to half of normal, since the code that put it back to its proper rate was missing from the new Items system (IItems, even!).

Fixed, now. I suspect a rush of MRS at eBoy's.

Profile Email Website
dizzyizzy
 Friday, September 23 2011 @ 06:00 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I am supposed to be getting +20% from the double beds for sleeping with Dev. I am getting nothing. At all. Please fix fast; that's a huge, huge waste of cigs if it's broken, and I can't even go back to getting +15% instead. 50 cigs is a fuckload for something that is, right now, essentially a temporary purpose.

Profile Email
Buddleia
 Friday, September 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Type
Decoration preview

Description

1. Room/page/Place names do not preview at all.

2. Room/page/exterior description box breaks if you use:

`J
`c
`>
`<

The description is entered, and when the job is completed, it does work. But the preview breaks, showing the error message and only displaying the text after the last "non-allowed" code:

----------------------------------

Where encountered
Every time I set any decoration job.

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Friday, September 23 2011 @ 06:50 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

I am supposed to be getting +20% from the double beds for sleeping with Dev. I am getting nothing. At all. Please fix fast; that's a huge, huge waste of cigs if it's broken, and I can't even go back to getting +15% instead. 50 cigs is a fuckload for something that is, right now, essentially a temporary purpose.

Which message shows at newday?

Profile Email Website
CavemanJoe
 Friday, September 23 2011 @ 06:51 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

Quote by: Buddleia

Type
Decoration preview

Description

1. Room/page/Place names do not preview at all.

2. Room/page/exterior description box breaks if you use:

`J
`c
`>
`<

The description is entered, and when the job is completed, it does work. But the preview breaks, showing the error message and only displaying the text after the last "non-allowed" code:

Where encountered
Every time I set any decoration job.

`J is reserved for fourth-wall-breaking game messages, typically shown to newbs. As for alignment, I'll look into that.

Profile Email Website
dizzyizzy
 Friday, September 23 2011 @ 06:53 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

None at all. It doesn't acknowledge me sleeping in a bed or anything.

Profile Email
CavemanJoe
 Friday, September 23 2011 @ 06:56 PM UTC  
Forum Admin
Admin

None at all. It doesn't acknowledge me sleeping in a bed or anything.

And this happens both at a system newday and while using a Chronosphere?

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 1.72 seconds
New Topic Post Reply