Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 Spider Robinson
 |  Printable Version
monsterzero
 Monday, November 16 2009 @ 03:16 PM UTC (Read 1313 times)  
Forum Badass
Badass

CMJ mentioned Lady Slings the Booze. I would definitely recommend any of the early Callahan/Lady Sally books. But what got me, personally, hooked on Robinson were Mindkiller and its sequel Time Pressure.

Also, for weird premises, the horribly-named and possibly out-of-print Telempath cannot be beat.

And of course the StarDancer trilogy was written in concert with Jeanne herself.

-m0

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Monday, November 16 2009 @ 05:24 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Stardance.

Enough said.

Yes, I donated what I could -- because you told us about this, Dan. I didn't know before. You did a good thing. And no, I don't want any donator points for it. Spider Robinson has been one of my heroes since forever.

Profile Email
Agrajag
 Tuesday, November 17 2009 @ 05:50 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Spider Robinson was one of the first authors who really got me interested in science fiction. I mostly read magazines like Analog in the early days of movable type, but Spider was one of the first authors I bothered to learn the name of. I especially liked the Callahan series. He really set the bar for me for what science fiction should be, and what kind of reading was worth my time.

The fact that he sets a good half of his stories in various locations in the land of poutine and maple syrup doesn't hurt either.

Unfortunately, my family has its own special interest group, but in the too-little-too-late category, CMJ's post reminded me that when I made the leap to Linux, I failed to install the BOINC client. I have rectified this omission, and for the time being I have set my projects exclusively to "fight cancer" and "fight childhood cancer".

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.30 seconds
New Topic Post Reply