Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Development New Topic Post Reply
 Improbable Labs?
 |  Printable Version
FunnyMan
 Thursday, December 17 2009 @ 05:02 AM UTC (Read 1942 times)  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I've seen mentions in various places of something called "Improbable Labs". From what I gather, it is/was/was planned to be a place where users could play around with creating new modules for II. Sounds like a neat idea, and one I'd be interested in looking into. Problem is, I haven't found a link to it anywhere, and I get the distinct impression from the lack of available information (and the somewhat bitter note on the "view source" page) that it may be an ex-project. At the same time, though, I can't seem to find anywhere that says why it was canceled, or even that it was. The most I've managed to find is this site, which seems to be nothing more than a semi-broken and very stale forum.

So... what happened? Is Improbable Labs still around (And where?), planned for later release, gone forever, temporally disabled, or turned into an overweight hamster by the drive?

Profile Email
Zolotisty
 Thursday, December 17 2009 @ 07:40 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

It's not canceled; currently suspended because of more pressing projects -- Dwellings, for one; a very cool (and briefly rumoured) new feature which will make you pee first with excitement and then fear, for two; and radical overhauls to the commentary system for three. This is not to mention coding for integral S3 stuff that needs to happen now, in order to be releasable when S3 rolls around or some other little things that have got me making 'HURRRR R THAT PIXEL IN RITE SPOT' faces at my screen while I juggle my Wacom tablet on my lap.

Thing about Labs is that it'll have to go live at a point when CMJ can baby people through their Fisher-Price My First PHP Scripts, and that is not around Christmas time or when certain users have been shouting for Dwellings since the beginning of the Season.

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
FunnyMan
 Thursday, December 17 2009 @ 08:34 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Okay, glad to hear that it's coming, even if not particularly soon.

Profile Email
K.K. Victoria
 Thursday, December 17 2009 @ 10:21 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

HEY! I'm not that loud...

"You saved Pineapple!"

Profile Email
FunnyMan
 Monday, December 21 2009 @ 10:55 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

In case anyone stops by here later, CMJ opened the Labs.

It lives at the site I pointed out before, which is now working.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.45 seconds
New Topic Post Reply