Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Regarding Divorces
 |  Printable Version
Ferryn
 Monday, December 21 2009 @ 03:49 AM UTC (Read 1390 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

Yeah. So I was in the chapel in Kittania, and I TRIED to hit talk to others.

A tiny misclick and I end up divorced, with 100,000 req spent on a ring GONE.

I don't think this is a very good situation, too easy to make this mistake.

I reccommend a confirmation screen to fix this.

Profile Email
talkydoor
 Monday, December 21 2009 @ 02:54 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Ferryn, you're really not the only one who's done this! I will be brave, and put myself forward for mockery, and admit that I assumed there'd be a confirmation so divorced 5 seconds after my first marriage...

(Also, if my browser's running slowly it often kicks me out the text box mid-type and whatever I was typing ends up being done instead. Helloooo, Abandoned Factory/Withdraw from Clan screen)

Er, in summary: seconded!

Profile Email
tehdave
 Tuesday, December 22 2009 @ 03:02 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I vote that any potential Bad Idea options (Divorce, Withdraw from clan, Marry Seth/Emily, Abandoned Factory, Eat at Kebab's and Shite, etc.) should probably be moved to their own separate section in their respective sidebars.
Abandoned Factory, for instance, is right between Clan Halls and Location Four in CC404...very dangerous if one is trying to click either of those very sensible options.

Also, Withdraw from Clan is among the regular clan actions, while Clan Buffs is outside, separated from the rest. That one makes little to no sense.

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
talkydoor
 Tuesday, December 22 2009 @ 02:15 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Luckily, the Delete a Character button does have a confirmation option... Otherwise I would be long gone, many times over!

And tehdave, that's all well and good for those of you who use the mouse. I am on a laptop with sucky touch pad, so I'm reduced to using keys. And it doesn't matter where they're hidden on the screen if you hit the wrong key!

Profile Email
Anonymous: Escemfer
 Wednesday, December 23 2009 @ 05:41 AM UTC  

Quote by: talkydoor

Ferryn, you're really not the only one who's done this! I will be brave, and put myself forward for mockery, and admit that I assumed there'd be a confirmation so divorced 5 seconds after my first marriage...

(Also, if my browser's running slowly it often kicks me out the text box mid-type and whatever I was typing ends up being done instead. Helloooo, Abandoned Factory/Withdraw from Clan screen)

Er, in summary: seconded!

Ayup. I clicked the magic divorce button, and never went into the church after that without SCRUTINIZING every pixel of where my pointer was. Plus, the (T)alk to others and (G)et a divorce hot keys are right next to each other. Frown

And when I was applying to DICE, I clicked "Withdraw application" at least THREE TIMES trying to get back to the lobby! GYAAAAAH

Ebenezer
 Wednesday, December 23 2009 @ 05:50 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

I'll just stick in my agreement here.

I would like to see a confirmation screen for the Chapel and the Clan Halls so that you can't accidentally get Divorced or un-Clanned.

Good idea! I'd like to see it!

Profile Email
Jon Bishop
 Wednesday, December 23 2009 @ 05:59 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Though my ability to get married is questionable, a confirmation page for divorce probably save people from a lot of frustration.

Profile Email
Tyr
 Wednesday, December 23 2009 @ 11:31 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

There is a confirmation screen for withdrawing from your clan - even has a shift hotkey. Which I am very thankful for, as I have misclicked to that screen on many occasions, and just about had a heart attack the first time I did it.

But yes, one for divorces would also be good.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.68 seconds
New Topic Post Reply