Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 One-hit DK's??
 |  Printable Version
Ashtu
 Tuesday, December 22 2009 @ 04:24 AM UTC (Read 4423 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

WOOHOO! Is there a one-hit DK club? And where do I join up?

Thank you.

Profile Email
tehdave
 Tuesday, December 22 2009 @ 07:56 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Does this preclude the use of Gargle Blasters?

If it doesn't, I have a screenshot of my 780-point Riposte on Horatio opening round. Took me a moment to figure out why I couldn't see my grenades on the sidebar.

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Tuesday, December 22 2009 @ 05:27 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: tehdave

Does this preclude the use of Gargle Blasters?

If it doesn't, I have a screenshot of my 780-point Riposte on Horatio opening round. Took me a moment to figure out why I couldn't see my grenades on the sidebar.

Nope, no Gargle Blaster. Same here, took a few seconds to realize the immediate KO bar was for the drive, not me. Didn't get a screen shot - in shock - but did think to save the page, so a screen shot of the page as displayed from my desk top is all I can offer. Timestamp on the saved page is Dec 21 21:26:20 EST.

Thank you.

Profile Email
Milo D. Chinaski
 Tuesday, December 22 2009 @ 06:00 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Hells yes! I've done my last 3 this way with a gargle blaster. It almost feels like cheating.

Profile Email
Zolotisty
 Tuesday, December 22 2009 @ 06:31 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

I think it only counts if it's a natural one-hit! Not a Gargleblaster-enhanced or implant-enhanced one-hit.

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
g_rock
 Tuesday, December 22 2009 @ 08:40 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Zolotisty

I think it only counts if it's a natural one-hit! Not a Gargleblaster-enhanced or implant-enhanced one-hit.

I agree, otherwise probably half of my DK's would count. My most devastating run was probably my first, I was so nervous I got mercenaries and a gargleblaster, and used my grandchildren of budget horse and my standstill implant, and ended up doing thousands of damage.

Also...must...stay...highbrow...not make...natural vs implant-enhanced joke! [<----Objective: Failed]

Profile Email
tehdave
 Wednesday, December 23 2009 @ 01:29 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: g_rock

I agree, otherwise probably half of my DK's would count. My most devastating run was probably my first, I was so nervous I got mercenaries and a gargleblaster, and used my grandchildren of budget horse and my standstill implant, and ended up doing thousands of damage.

Also...must...stay...highbrow...not make...natural vs implant-enhanced joke! [<----Objective: Failed]

Bah! Highbrow humor is for stuffy academics. We're more highly advanced than that! (We're going to ignore the immense giggling among players in the Common Ground resulting from someone's cry of "My Bosoms!"....it made sense in context, i swear!)

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Epaphus
 Sunday, December 27 2009 @ 09:26 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'll stick with Gargleblasters, thanks. They're garg-a-liscious and leave your breath minty-fresh!

I'm not sure if they have any effect on your bosoms, though. Clearly, more research is needed.

Profile Email
Mister Rawr
 Friday, January 01 2010 @ 05:27 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

I'm used to taking the first turn of any encounter at this point to synch up my little time keeping device with the server... and so yesterday when I went into the Lab I was thrilled to find that in what I thought was my first hit I had some sort of fantastic power move and inflicted around 700 damage to the Drive.

I was unbelievably depressed when I realized (after about three minutes of staring at the screen) that it was actually my second hit. I've just gotten too accustomed to letting the first round go by without thinking about it.

Sigh. Oh well.

Maybe next time Twisted Evil

Profile Email
PyreKasen
 Friday, January 01 2010 @ 07:27 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I did it at least once, but that was with a Plasma Gun, so it's still semi-cheating.

Mega power move of 1000+ damage. I hadn't even activated Midget Rage, yet. I love the Plasma Gun.

Profile Email
Mister Rawr
 Friday, January 01 2010 @ 08:51 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

What's cheating about that? If you can buy it from Sheila's it's fair game, unless you're going for a bare-knuckles one-hit.

Profile Email
Bakemaster
 Friday, January 01 2010 @ 09:24 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Well, there's something cool about any sort of one-hit... But if you want to brag about it, I agree that it should be a normal hit without gargleblasters or implants. It's trivially easy to one-hit the drive with nothing but a highly charged tesla coil, after all... You can even sell your armor beforehand for hat/skill money to make sure he hits.

Unofficial Improbable Island out-of-character chat is at irc.foonetic.net, channel #iisland - come on by!

Profile Email Website
vastatio
 Wednesday, January 06 2010 @ 03:24 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

just thought i'd share my most recent one, since i only discovered this thread..

Profile Email
tehdave
 Wednesday, January 06 2010 @ 04:58 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Oh yeah? I like the recipe for my last one...again, with buffs, but still...
Take one AMAZING attack buff Joker Day,
add in one part Plasma Gun,
then throw a Gargleblaster in.

Attack: 30+20370

You execute a MEGA power move!!!
You hit The Improbability Drive for 120062 points of damage!
Urrr

(that last bit was actually at the end of it...no idea what it means...)

Profile Email
Derander
 Wednesday, January 06 2010 @ 10:27 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

It's not against the drive and it is from last season, but I've taken note of it since the numbers are so incredibly silly...

Dan's Hitpoints (Level 15): 155
YOUR Hitpoints: 1007
With the practiced skill of all Kittymorph exhibitionists, you burst
out of your armour and fight stark naked!
Your Clan's Aura strengthens you!
Ahhhhck
You feel the air rush through your liberated fur as you pummel your
ridiculously distracted foe!
You execute a MEGA power move!!!
You hit Dan for 1186416 points of damage!
Urrrr
End of Round

Attack 198+202308.5
Defense 76+2112.8

prolly should've done it with a screenshot, though, as it's just my word now... oh well :p

Don't use gargleblasters anymore, but a zap is generally enough to get a one-shot with my trusted plasma gun. Smile

Profile Email
tehdave
 Thursday, January 07 2010 @ 04:44 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

So I guess the "Urrr" is just a message that shows up when you hit something so hard the universe skips a beat?

No kill like overkill...

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Thursday, January 07 2010 @ 04:59 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Aren't 'Urrr...' and 'Ahhhhck' just the noises you make involuntarily when you're high on Gargleblaster?

Profile Email
tehdave
 Thursday, January 07 2010 @ 07:23 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Couldn't say...I only use the Gargleblaster for DKs (when I can afford it, or think to use it)

Profile Email
Ada
 Thursday, January 07 2010 @ 02:06 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

Aren't 'Urrr...' and 'Ahhhhck' just the noises you make involuntarily when you're high on Gargleblaster?

Yes.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.67 seconds
New Topic Post Reply