Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Thread for discussing Titans
 |  Printable Version
CavemanJoe
 Wednesday, April 14 2010 @ 10:40 PM UTC (Read 17397 times)  
Forum Admin
Admin

Have at it!

Profile Email Website
Mr Geppetto
 Wednesday, April 14 2010 @ 11:29 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Titans are AWESOME. That's it. I'm going back in, I heard there's one left.

Here kitty, kitty, titan, where are you? Mommy's got Imp bombs for ya.....

Profile Email
KimmyMonstah
 Wednesday, April 14 2010 @ 11:36 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I agree, this was just insanely awesome.

I'm really, really keeping myself from trying to doodle one.

Profile Email
g_rock
 Wednesday, April 14 2010 @ 11:46 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Love the Titans! As for actual feedback-
The cooperative combat system is ingenious, really makes you feel the comraderie. Liked the damaged-based (I assume) payout. Overall, excellent feature!

Profile Email
Conchris
 Wednesday, April 14 2010 @ 11:58 PM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Titans are awesome. I feel like I should write an essay about how awesome Titans are in Improbable Island and post it around the internet.

Now, enough about that, how's about I give some feedback, eh?

Well, anyway, I found that the entire Titans thing was actually well-implemented. Especially the cooperative combat system, made me feel great knowing that I'm not alone in this fight against the mighty Titan. Overall, this feature is quite awesome. Excellent even. 5 stars and all that.

Profile Email
Bernard
 Thursday, April 15 2010 @ 12:00 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Bernard stupidly used a teleporter ages before the NH titan fell, but still got 22k despite not being around for the money-shot. Well, he got some money-shot spattered all over him, and he'd just like to know whether he really deserved it.

Profile Email
Tyr
 Thursday, April 15 2010 @ 12:26 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Love, love, love the cooperative combat, and being able to fight alongside someone.

Titans are awesome.

Profile Email
Bakemaster
 Thursday, April 15 2010 @ 03:53 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I had no idea until I saw this thread that anything Titan-ish had occurred. Am I blind, or could the thing perhaps use a bit more fanfare and/or aftermath?

Unofficial Improbable Island out-of-character chat is at irc.foonetic.net, channel #iisland - come on by!

Profile Email Website
g_rock
 Thursday, April 15 2010 @ 04:27 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Bakemaster

I had no idea until I saw this thread that anything Titan-ish had occurred. Am I blind, or could the thing perhaps use a bit more fanfare and/or aftermath?

Along those same lines:
I'm loath to say this, but I think the blighters need to be tougher to dispatch. I say this, because from the moment these thi=ngs appeared, several of us ran right out and had brought low two of them in the space of, idunno, and hour or so. Maybe not tougher in attack, or def, but more HP, to make them more of a challenge

Maybe even a range of them, some midrange ones like those yesterday, some easier, for rookies to cut their teeth on, and some tougher ones, for the vets to break their teeth on.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Shadowkin
 Thursday, April 15 2010 @ 06:34 PM UTC  

Quote by: Bakemaster

I totally agree. I didn't know they even existed until someone failboated because of them while I was hanging around disgrace. Then it took another five minutes of research into the enquirer.

I think the watcher post about them here is outstanding...but I would have loved to have seen it in game. Tracking it down rather broke the dramatic tension.

"What?? There's giant city eating monsters about? Let me dig through the newspaper for a tic..." as it were.

Binjali
 Thursday, April 15 2010 @ 06:39 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Having a blast with them so far! Pretty much with everyone else- the cooperative feel is excellent, and having a big monster to just wail away on is fun. That they don't give experience is a huge bonus to me personally since I spend half my time trying not to DK.

I don't know if this was a bug, but it wasn't just me: while fighting the Titan SE of NewHome, when boated and chronosphered back, I got dropped off in Imp Central instead of NewHome. So what, lost one or two percent of stam walking back, not a big deal- I'd be pissed as a midjit though, and if a Titan comes in from the north, getting dropped at Imp Central instead of, say, Ace High is a huge problem.

I'd like to see that bit of writing with the Watcher and the Titan reposted here, though. I almost missed it because I don't read the forum regularly, and it's more likely to be seen in a newer, title-topic related thread. Uh, unless that was the point. Hidden content. Smile

Profile Email
Bernard
 Thursday, April 15 2010 @ 07:20 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

To promote the co-operative feel - could some sort of chat space be included? Somehow? Just for macho posturing and tactical discussions and not for wondering if anyone has a slice of Battenburg or anything.

Profile Email
g_rock
 Thursday, April 15 2010 @ 07:47 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Bernard

To promote the co-operative feel - could some sort of chat space be included? Somehow? Just for macho posturing and tactical discussions and not for wondering if anyone has a slice of Battenburg or anything.

I had the same question, but I could see this being tricky to implement and to use. People bouncing in and out of the fight, chatspace filling up too quickly, etc. It would be fun, though. That's one thing I enjoyed about the outpost invasions, is folks' descriptions of what they were doing.

What about random messages displayed in addition to the

Bernard did 367 damage and took 3.14159 damage

Bernard swings his [weapon] wildly at the nearest leg, doing 367 damage to the beast's big toenail, before being knocked arse over tit for 3.14159 damage

In a way that scales according to how much damage is done

<10- Rookie flaxinaucinihilipilification beats his fists ineffectually against the scaly hide, doing 8 damage

>1000- Carpen Tyr climbs up and rams his boot down on the creature's head hard enough to shake several nearby trees, doing 1578 damage in the process

Profile Email
Zpatula
 Saturday, April 17 2010 @ 09:37 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I'd love to comment, but I can't find any of the giant buggers and thus have nothing to comment about. They're so large -- how can they be hiding from me?

I ATE PINEAPPLE!

Profile Email Website
Chimental
 Saturday, April 17 2010 @ 10:38 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Zpatula

I'd love to comment, but I can't find any of the giant buggers and thus have nothing to comment about. They're so large -- how can they be hiding from me?

Well, now you've done it. Now they're going to pop up everywhere. I think the same thing happened with Outpost attacks.

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
Xith
 Sunday, April 18 2010 @ 02:16 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

So, and idea popped into my head the other day, and caused me to make this forum account so I can share it.

What with titans being huge and all, and potentially devastating to an outpost, there ought to be a better way of locating them, don't ya think? What if the communications tent had an option to "check titan locations," or, "scan for giant beasties of awesome strength"? Perhaps if the communications radar, or reconnasaince team or whatever you use is successful in locating a titan, it might say something like A giant monster is enroute towards Improbable Central from the southeast direction, currently located on a Jungle tile.

Or something. Because I heard about the titans the other day, and then spent like 45% of my stamina wandering around trying to find where one was supposedly located (which had already been defeated, much to my disappointment).

Whaddya think?

Profile Email
Reverb
 Sunday, April 18 2010 @ 09:21 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Makes sense. If something is described as a towering monstrosity that uses century oaks for toothpicks, it's going to be rather easy to find.

"Censure acquits the Raven, but pursues the Dove." "So, that means i'm -always- innocent, right?"

Profile Email
Zpatula
 Monday, April 19 2010 @ 01:02 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Cripes, given their size the lookouts on the town barricades should be able to see them from 8 or 10 klicks. Maybe some flavor text as used for the onslaught could be used: "A sentry peers off to the southwest and shouts out a sighting of a disturbance near the horizon."

I ATE PINEAPPLE!

Profile Email Website
Xith
 Monday, April 19 2010 @ 01:28 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Good point, particularly for the outpost that's actually under attack.

However, shouldn't the communications tent send out, maybe, a distress signal? Maybe an option for a player to pay however much req/ or a ciggy for a broadcast warning to all other outposts with details about the attack or something, and maybe location. What with titans being so awesomely powerful and supposedly dangerous, all the players on the island ought to be holding their collective breath while waiting to see if it can be brought down before reaching its destination. However, the last attack seemed to pass kinda unnoticed, at least for me. All I found in-game about it was a few comments in Squat Hole and some light discussion in location four, pretty much all of which was after the titan had been defeated :/

I'd love there to be some sort of advance-warning system, especially if it caused me or others to actually use the communications tent, or maybe the council office (perhaps make the council offices offer a "complementary titan-fighting pack" of a grenade or two when a titan is on it's way, and mebbe bump up the strength or HP of titans a bit after to compensate for the extra grenades people might be using.

Just some thoughts bouncing around in my head.

Profile Email
Jonathan Barbie
 Tuesday, April 20 2010 @ 03:25 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I've heard many people talk about these Titans, and I am so so upset I missed them. :/ Can someone please tell me how they happened? Was it an Outpost break, or something?

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.60 seconds
New Topic Post Reply