Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 Goodbye, farewell, amen.
 |  Printable Version
Daedalus
 Saturday, April 17 2010 @ 03:02 PM UTC (Read 3675 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Cry

Over the last several months I've been dealing with increasing RL health issues*. Being here has helped me deal with those. However, they are gathering steam, so to speak, and I need to make some very heavy decisions. I've already made several, but alas this one affects my engagement here.

It is no longer tenable for me to try to maintain involvement in the wonderful experience that is Improbable Island.

So many of you deserve my gratitude that I cannot list you all. Thank you.

But there are 4 that stand out.

Skidge ... Zolotisty ... Sessine ... for making my in-game experiences richer, funnier and more meaningful than I could ever have otherwise hoped that they would be.

CMJ ... for making the whole bizarre, delirious, and above all joyful experience possible ... I didn't say 'thank you' enough while it was happening, and this is not enough either. Thank you.

Daedalus/Wayne.

* Whoa there ... not life threatening, just ... difficult.

The lunatics are taking over the asylum! Come with?

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Saturday, April 17 2010 @ 04:43 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Don't think I ever had any direct interaction with you, Daedalus/Wayne - but no man is an island, etc,etc. - be good, have fun when/where you can - and I bet we see you back someday.

Thank you.

Profile Email
calliaphone
 Saturday, April 17 2010 @ 08:31 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I'm gonna really miss you, Daedalus. I'm sending tons of love, good wishes, good vibes and hugs, and *really* hoping that things get better for you soon.

Profile Email
Hairless
 Sunday, April 18 2010 @ 12:35 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Whoa.
I'm gonna miss you, Daedalus.
You have been a fine friend and role model for us, and I wish all the best for you.

Profile Email
XaNe
 Sunday, April 18 2010 @ 06:09 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

I know we never talked much, certainly not as much as I would have liked, but you were a huge positive influence here on the island, and you'll be missed.

Good luck, and hope to see you back here some day.

Some people see the glass as half full, some people see it as half empty, I just spit in the cup until it isn't a problem anymore.

Profile Email
Zolotisty
 Sunday, April 18 2010 @ 06:19 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Daedalus --

Really sorry to see you go, mate. Cheers for all the clever comments and asides during and after scenes, cheers for your unfailing warmth and helpfulness toward newcomers, cheers for your excellent and upstanding clan. Do keep in touch -- zolotisty@improbableisland.com should do the trick. Wink

Here's hoping for an upswing with whatever's keeping you down.

BARK BARK BARK.

Profile Email
Skidge
 Sunday, April 18 2010 @ 06:23 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Eek! Oh, no! Um, what Z said, except for me it's clockworkflyingfish@gmail.com...and oh no! And may it get better, and may we see you again, and...and...

Cry

I WILL MISS YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Sunday, April 18 2010 @ 07:10 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

**choke** Cry

WHAT THEY SAID.

You've been making the Island a better place since the day you arrived. I'll miss you, and so will, well, just about everyone. Me, I'm countsessine1@gmail.com -- whenever you have the energy I'd love to hear from you.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Sunday, April 18 2010 @ 09:10 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Yep. You were a good bloke to have around D. And a good clan leader as well. It was a real shock walking into clan halls and reading your goodbye MotD. Frown

Now I find myself unexpectedly a clan leader Eek!, my first leaderly act will be to throw a goodbye party in D.'s honour.

Saturday. 6:00pm GMT onwards in the Academy Perpetual Symposium one square west of Improbable Central. All invited.

On the subject of the A.P.S., This was a clan project that Daedalus formally owned, and so is now orphaned. The current building project can be finished, but then that's it. CMJ. Is there any chance that we can transfer ownership somehow, so that we can keep building it? Or at least decorating it? Is this at all possible? Please...please...pretty please...pretty please with sugar and cream and strawberries on top and flowers laid round about? If we pay 100 cigs transfer fee or something?

P.S. The new clan leader is Alexander Quandle, not Cantankerous Biggs. Anyone who knows both will doubtless be relieved about this.

Profile Email
Ebenezer
 Monday, April 19 2010 @ 12:52 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

I'm really sorry to hear about all that.

You are a great guy and I always enjoyed writing with you. I am glad that I got a chance to do so. I'll miss you quite a bit.

Take care of yourself!

Profile Email
Snow Gray
 Monday, April 19 2010 @ 07:27 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

We never really interacted, but I will always remember seeing you polishing the brass plaque with the Rookie Advisory link.

From the people who have wished you well, I am sure the Island will be poorer for your absence. Best of luck, and swift returns.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Haley
 Tuesday, April 20 2010 @ 01:47 AM UTC  

We'll miss you, Daedalus!

Syd Lexic
 Tuesday, April 20 2010 @ 02:06 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

I don't know you. Syd doesn't know Daedalus. This makes it all the more tragic, as from what I read, you're pretty awesome. SOMEDAY! You must return... when you can. 'Til then, we shall all consume enough tea/coffee/beer/booze/urine to make up for your absence.

Profile Email
Daedalus
 Monday, August 23 2010 @ 03:32 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

err ... *cough* ... Hi ...'s just me.

First up ... thanks for the many kind comments and wishing wellses .... wishing of wellnesses ... things.

I'm very pleased to say that I'm having a bit of a reprieve from the aforementioned issues, and have been making a bit of a reappearance. Missed you all hugely, and am going a bit stir crazy sitting around the house all day,so if you'll excuse my ... recidivism ... I'll see you 'in game' a bit.

The reprieve is neither total nor likely to be permanent (so goes the medical advice) so I'm going to limit D's ... engagement in longer term and creatively demanding stuff (at least till I get an idea of how long/often I can get 'here' and how well I can write D's interactions.). Appearances may therefore be a little spasmodic and, well, dull really, for a while. Wait and see, I guess, is the order of the day.

Ciao

D.

The lunatics are taking over the asylum! Come with?

Profile Email
Hairless
 Monday, August 23 2010 @ 04:29 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

A warm welcome back, old friend, with hopes for a stronger recovery in time.
Write when you can, as we say . . . and enjoy the time as much as possible. Life is fleeting . . . .

Profile Email
calliaphone
 Monday, August 23 2010 @ 08:26 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

helloHELLOHELLO!HELLO!!!!!!

sooo happy to hear from you! looking forward to seeing you soon as you feel like it Smile

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Monday, August 23 2010 @ 11:08 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Ashtu

Saturday, April 17 2010 @ 05:43 PM BST
Don't think I ever had any direct interaction with you, Daedalus/Wayne - but no man is an island, etc,etc. - be good, have fun when/where you can - and I bet we see you back someday.

See? SEE?? I'm ALWAYS right!*
Welcome back!!

*well - sometimes, anyway. at least when I'm not wrong.

Thank you.

Profile Email
Ebenezer
 Monday, August 23 2010 @ 11:35 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

It's good to hear from you again, D!

Profile Email
Makiwa
 Friday, September 03 2010 @ 10:12 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Howzit Daedalus,

Good to meet up with you on the fail boat.

These are the tales I mentioned, so apology retracted!

Glad you enjoyed the humbug Big Grin

See you around again sometime.

Mak.

It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.

Profile Email Website
Stranger
 Thursday, September 16 2010 @ 01:00 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

When I read the opening post, I was all Cry , even though I never met you. Now, Mr. Green good to here you're alright!

P.S. yes my concern is about the welfare of another II player. Cause I'm that kind'a guy.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.55 seconds
New Topic Post Reply