Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Off-Topic > Out-of-Game New Topic Post Reply
 Index of scenes.
 |  Printable Version
Hairy Mary
 Wednesday, July 28 2010 @ 05:34 PM UTC (Read 1615 times)  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

There's a huge amount of stuff in the wiki, making it hard to find things, there are things in danger of getting lost. The index was a big improvement, but it's 22 pages long, things are still going to get lost. I think that a bit more organisation wouldn't go amiss. To this end, I've started an index of scenes. I'm (very) slowly going through the index and adding the scenes mentioned there to this index, but it's going to take ages, so far there's six entries in it, and I'm bound to end up missing some out. So. People who put there scenes in the wiki and would like to have them read, put a link in from this index as well as the main index.

Also, if anybody's sitting round with time on their hands and wants to prettify the page up a bit, that would be nice as well.

If someone wants to be particularly flash, then links between character pages and the scenes that that character has been in, going both ways, so a cast list in the scene, and a 'list of scenes that I've been in' on the character page wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Also, I'm thinking of putting in the preamble to the main index, links to the subindexes. The scene index which I'm putting together at the moment, the Dramatis Personel, and the list of clans. Do people think that this is a good idea? Or shall I leave that out?

Cheers.

Profile Email
Sydney Fletcher
 Thursday, July 29 2010 @ 03:24 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Making a separate scene index seems like a worthy goal, although it'll only be as useful as it is used.

I had a spare hour to kill, so I went through the wiki searching by clan names and character names, and added a bunch more scenes. I'm sure I didn't get them all, but that seems like a better way to go about than just running down the main index. So much stuff just isn't listed there.

As for cross-referencing characters and their scenes -- I wouldn't bother. If you're interested in every mention of a certain character, just search for them. And there's no way anyone'd spend the time editing each individual scene to stick in a cast of characters. It might be helpful though if, in the scene index itself, the main characters were listed next to their respective scene. Just to give you an idea of what it's about at a glance.

Profile Email
Johnson
 Saturday, September 25 2010 @ 11:09 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Right, well, the GERM compendium nonsensica's had an indexing overhaul for general sanity.

if that helps. for the EVERYONE scene index business... good god, I don't even know where to begin. Is there any way to keep it at all organised, without random links floating about everywhere? Alphabetised will do in a pinch, but it's not very specific, and you don't know who you'll be reading. And I assume when one reads scenes, it's more to do with a specific character you're tracing first-off, yeah? Something like that...

Profile Email
Cousjava
 Saturday, September 25 2010 @ 07:26 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Well, I think a couple of people (Teh Dave is it?) have created a page themselves which has a list of all the scenes that they've been in. Perhaps other people could do the same, if they wanted to. I won't because I'm not really on there yet in terms of scenes. I do have some poetry though...

A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a trombone; what else does a man need to be happy?

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 0.40 seconds
New Topic Post Reply