Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Joker bandoliers are now... different.
 |  Printable Version
Zpatula
 Saturday, September 25 2010 @ 03:17 AM UTC (Read 2727 times)  
Forum Badass
Badass

Grenades in a Joker's backpack used to turn into Imp. Bombs overnight. Grenades on their bandoleers didn't change. Now my bandoleer is full of Imp. Bombs.

Bah! Cry

I ATE PINEAPPLE!

Profile Email Website
crashtestpilot
 Saturday, September 25 2010 @ 03:23 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Have fun with all those cigs, req, charm, and death then! Smile
(Seriously, this might actually be more fun!)

~CTP

Profile Email
Kash
 Saturday, September 25 2010 @ 04:54 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

For once CTP said something that didn't make me wriggle uncomfortably!

I think Jokers should always tend toward Improbability. That's the whole point of the race, right? And if the general consensus is that role-playing in such a way that brand new jokers have complete mastery over their powers should not be done, then they should also not be able to control whether grenades in the vicinity turn into Improbability Bombs.

After all, a bandolier sits just as close to the body as a backpack. Why should items in one be immune from latent Improbability but not items in the other?

Profile Email
Onigiri
 Saturday, September 25 2010 @ 04:59 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Kash

I think Jokers should always tend toward Improbability. That's the whole point of the race, right? And if the general consensus is that role-playing in such a way that brand new jokers have complete mastery over their powers should not be done, then they should also not be able to control whether grenades in the vicinity turn into Improbability Bombs.

After all, a bandolier sits just as close to the body as a backpack. Why should items in one be immune from latent Improbability but not items in the other?

I also think it would be great fun to have non-grenades transform into other things as well.

You see, there are Librarians and then there are Librarians.

Profile Email
Devin
 Saturday, September 25 2010 @ 05:12 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: Onigiri

I also think it would be great fun to have non-grenades transform into other things as well.

I'm terrified, yet somehow fascinated, by the prospect of an Improbable Ration Pack and its possible effects.

Profile Email
Onigiri
 Saturday, September 25 2010 @ 05:29 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Devin

I'm terrified, yet somehow fascinated, by the prospect of an Improbable Ration Pack and its possible effects.

It could be awesome.

You eat the Rat Pack and grow an extra arm!

You see, there are Librarians and then there are Librarians.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Saturday, September 25 2010 @ 11:52 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

It could be awesome.

You eat the Ration Pack and...oh...what's that? Pleugh! There was an electrically charged rodent packed in there!

Profile Email
tehdave
 Saturday, September 25 2010 @ 05:20 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Awesome+Fred

It could be awesome.

You eat the Ration Pack and...oh...what's that? Pleugh! There was an electrically charged rodent packed in there!

Must....not....click...link....things...to...do...today...

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Hairless
 Saturday, September 25 2010 @ 07:18 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Or perhaps it would be the vegetarian Boca Ration Burger.
(Tastes kinda like a Cuban sandwich, made with wabbit...)

Profile Email
Mercury
 Sunday, September 26 2010 @ 05:28 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Yes, because the *regular* Ration Packs aren't terrifying enough on their own. >_>

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Sunday, September 26 2010 @ 05:46 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: tehdave

It could be awesome.

Must....not....click...link....things...to...do...today...

You know how dumb I am? I have caught myself 5 hours after I posted that, with 19 tabs open. 16 of them TvTropes, 3 of them YouTube videos linked from TvTropes. I did that to myself. I am not competent to handle such linkage.

Profile Email
Scorpio
 Sunday, September 26 2010 @ 05:57 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

So, why not have other players grenades turn into improbability bombs if a joker is in the sleeping spot next to you?

Did I just suggest that? No, forget I said that, bad, bad, bad idea!

Profile Email
Kash
 Sunday, September 26 2010 @ 03:51 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Scorpio

why not have other players grenades turn into improbability bombs if a joker is in the sleeping spot next to you?

The radiative power decreases proportional to the square of the distance, so while a grenade two inches from the surface of the radiative body gets enough Improbability to transform it overnight, a grenade just 16 inches away would take three nights to get the same Improbability. And that's assuming that it is not meanwhile radiating away excess Improbability at a high enough rate to remain under the transformation threshold, which I imagine it would.

Profile Email
Bakemaster
 Sunday, September 26 2010 @ 09:07 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

The radiative power decreases proportional to the square of the distance

Sorry, but that's far too probable.

Unofficial Improbable Island out-of-character chat is at irc.foonetic.net, channel #iisland - come on by!

Profile Email Website
Hairy Mary
 Sunday, September 26 2010 @ 09:16 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Bakemaster

What's improbable is that distance increasing from two inches to sixteen inches leads to grenades taking three times as long to turn. Eight squared is Three? That sounds pretty damn improbable to me.

Profile Email
Anonymous: Reverb
 Sunday, September 26 2010 @ 09:58 PM UTC  

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

Quote by: Bakemaster

What's improbable is that distance increasing from two inches to sixteen inches leads to grenades taking three times as long to turn. Eight squared is Three? That sounds pretty damn improbable to me.

The burn! The burn!

Bakemaster
 Sunday, September 26 2010 @ 10:55 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

As long as we're being picky, it's intensity that varies as the inverse square of distance, not power.

And what's the emissivity of the backpack as opposed to the bandolier?

For that matter, the conductivity and emissivity of an IB had better both be pretty damn small given that it never turns back into a regular grenade.

And have you considered tachyons?

Unofficial Improbable Island out-of-character chat is at irc.foonetic.net, channel #iisland - come on by!

Profile Email Website
Kash
 Monday, September 27 2010 @ 03:50 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

OK, so my math was off, I admit. I had two women nagging at me to do housework and I had to get ready for work. Forgive me!

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Monday, September 27 2010 @ 08:11 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

OK, so my math was off, I admit. I had two women nagging at me to do housework and I had to get ready for work. Forgive me!

So you were being nagged to do housework, you had to get ready for work, and what you were doing was posting here in the forums? I can relate to that entirely. You're totally forgiven.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.51 seconds
New Topic Post Reply