Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 If I could change one small thing on The Island
 |  Printable Version
tehdave
 Sunday, January 23 2011 @ 03:25 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Derp+derp

Can we have a way to enter what we want to change the Head-Mounted Laser's power setting to instead of having to do it one kilowatt at a time?

I'd like to second this, as well as the same system put in place for Overclocking. Maybe put a max on both of them to prevent {redacted} again (I have a screenshot, it was HILARIOUS

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Sunday, January 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

The more addicted to cigarettes that I am, the lower my buff's duration is. This isn't just a subtraction of the Withdrawal symptoms at the start of the day, because I smoke more than one per day and the second one also has a lower duration, so I need to smoke even more in a day for the same buzz...

Waitaminute, this is what smoking in real life is like, isn't it?

Never mind. I guess maybe we don't need to change smoking's buff duration decrease. Razz

Profile Email
Matthew
 Tuesday, January 25 2011 @ 01:06 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

So I wasn't going to post this but I was encouraged to so why not.

I don't know if it's intentional or not, but if you change your custom weapon to an actual one - say, 'Plasma Gun' - you actually get the icon for that weapon. Could custom races be changed so that it works the same way? If I put my race as Kittymorph, I want that blue (or red!) ball of yarn next to my name, instead of the grey questionmark that just makes me feel like a poser.

On the same note, could we get any custom armor to show in our mouseover commentary below the weapon? From the Hunter's Lodge: '[...] and other players will be able to see your custom armour in commentary mouseover areas.' Well, that doesn't seem to happen. It'd probably make custom armor a lot more worthwhile if it worked like it should.

Profile Email
Makiwa
 Tuesday, January 25 2011 @ 02:45 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Matthew

So I wasn't going to post this but I was encouraged to so why not.

On the same note, could we get any custom armor to show in our mouseover commentary below the weapon? From the Hunter's Lodge: '[...] and other players will be able to see your custom armour in commentary mouseover areas.' Well, that doesn't seem to happen. It'd probably make custom armor a lot more worthwhile if it worked like it should.

As a first time user of custom armour I'd like to second this - it would add an nice little bit of flavour, if it could be seen Wink otherwise it seems well, pointless.

It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.

Profile Email Website
Swede
 Tuesday, January 25 2011 @ 04:10 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

How about being able to buy food at the Raven Inn?
It might raise the visiting rate?

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Tuesday, January 25 2011 @ 04:37 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Swede

The Raven Inn seems to be visited almost entirely by those new to the Island. I suspect that it works quite well as somewhere where they can try out writing just one line or so without really having to interact with anyone, so perhaps, let it be?

Profile Email
Maniak
 Tuesday, January 25 2011 @ 04:41 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

If I could change one small thing on The Island,

I would bring back the satisfying kerCHUNK-sound the cigarettes make when they drop.
I would fix all the broken colouring.
I would strip the slashies and other characters that don't belong in monster descriptions.
I would remove the extra Continue when you want to leave the Raven Inn.
I would fix the images in the Abandoned Factory.

I guess this is more than one small thing? Well, screw it. If I was King and Queen of Improbable Island for a day, that's what I'd do.

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
Hairy Mary
 Tuesday, January 25 2011 @ 05:00 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Has the kerCHUNK sound stopped then? I haven't been watching closely, but I thought that I saw it fairly recently.

Profile Email
Maniak
 Tuesday, January 25 2011 @ 05:10 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

For me it has, I get a message along the lines of "You find a cigarette!"

I much preferred the award hopper mounted under the camera that would kerCHUNK. At least that's a message that stands out.

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
Count Sessine
 Tuesday, January 25 2011 @ 05:18 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

The Raven Inn seems to be visited almost entirely by those new to the Island. I suspect that it works quite well as somewhere where they can try out writing just one line or so without really having to interact with anyone, so perhaps, let it be?

The Budget Horse can always find it. About the only in-game reason for a more experienced player to visit is curiosity about someone else's stats, which doesn't happen often.

In Season One, I remember, it used to be a permanent floating bar brawl, played for laughs. People being thrown out the window with great regularity, bouncing off the rafters, set on fire... I wonder, should we bring that back?

Profile Email
tehdave
 Tuesday, January 25 2011 @ 05:46 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Count+Sessine

Quote by: Hairy+Mary

The Budget Horse can always find it. About the only in-game reason for a more experienced player to visit is curiosity about someone else's stats, which doesn't happen often.

In Season One, I remember, it used to be a permanent floating bar brawl, played for laughs. People being thrown out the window with great regularity, bouncing off the rafters, set on fire... I wonder, should we bring that back?

There was a brief period, sometime last year, where there was a floating brawl between myself, Bond, G_rock, Biggs (IIRC), James Bond, and a few others. With Hairless as accompaniment on the piano. I will throw down the gauntlet, and say that every time I find the Raven Inn from now on, I shall start throwing bottles about at folks, and expect to see the same (or worse) aimed at Dave.

HEAVEN OR HELL! DUEL 3! LET'S ROCK

*Goes to find his MP3 of Holy Orders (Be Just or Be Dead)**

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Harris
 Tuesday, January 25 2011 @ 08:55 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

CRY HAVOC, AND LET SLIP THE CLOGS OF WAR!!!!!!!!!!

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Awesome Fred
 Wednesday, January 26 2011 @ 12:52 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Maniak

If I could change one small thing on The Island,

I would bring back the satisfying kerCHUNK-sound the cigarettes make when they drop.
I would fix all the broken colouring.
I would strip the slashies and other characters that don't belong in monster descriptions.
I would remove the extra Continue when you want to leave the Raven Inn.
I would fix the images in the Abandoned Factory.

I guess this is more than one small thing? Well, screw it. If I was King and Queen of Improbable Island for a day, that's what I'd do.

Don't forget the lack of spaces between sentences in different descriptions all over the island. I can't be the only one who notices that the sentences will look like the proceeding ones in this paragraph.At first it irked me, but since a lot of the text I've stopped reading since I know what they're going to say, I forgot about that problem.But every so often, I reread them and get reirked.Okay, now this is just a filler sentence so I could do the period thing one more time.

Profile Email
Ashtu
 Wednesday, January 26 2011 @ 01:13 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Harris

CRY HAVOC, AND LET SLIP THE CLOGS OF WAR!!!!!!!!!!

.......clogs?
.....as in footwear?
....or sewer lines?

Thank you.

Profile Email
Darcy
 Sunday, January 30 2011 @ 03:45 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I'd say more Outpost invasions, but I'm in the vast minority with this. So... instead, I wish there was a way to disable keyboard shortcuts. My keyboard is wonky and I hit the wrong keys sometimes!

Profile Email
Iriana
 Monday, January 31 2011 @ 06:03 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I kind of wish Banter and Story would scroll back independently--right now, if you go back a page in Story, Banter also goes back a page. Which isn't a big deal, really. But if you're trying to look for the section in Story that corresponds to a section in Banter, if they keep scrolling around together it makes things difficult.

Profile Email
Seammus
 Tuesday, February 01 2011 @ 01:03 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

If I could change one thing, it would be to mayhaps have a feature of a cigarette dispenser, Have it cost oh, lets say 5 cigs per pack, at 1000 Req a pack?

The wise and knowledgeable man is sure of it. Even the fool knows it. The rich man wants it. The greatest of heroes fears it. Yet the lowliest of cowards wo

Profile Email
Mack
 Tuesday, February 01 2011 @ 01:50 AM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

Change that number to about 100,000 req and you might be okay. Even that would probably be too small. You can build up some big cash numbers pretty quickly if you do things right.

You can toast them, but it's dark magic. - MotPax on hotdog buns.

Profile Email
Beeps
 Tuesday, February 01 2011 @ 10:34 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

More options for the amount of items to drop/pick up/give when it comes to logs/stone/crates. I'm poking at this on the goofy-time server, but a lot of the iitems system appears to rely on database information that doesn't come with the most recent copy of the database file on the labs. Or maybe I haven't turned on the right combination of the 300+ modules yet.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
Beeps
 Wednesday, February 02 2011 @ 01:39 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

More specifically, just a "take/drop/give half" option would be enough for me. You could generally bisect an amount into however much you want to take pretty quickly, (400 stones and you want to take 100? Take half, give half back.) rather than having to take one stone 100 times.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.68 seconds
New Topic Post Reply