Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 If I could change one small thing on The Island
 |  Printable Version
Matthew
 Friday, June 03 2011 @ 08:45 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Sorry to bang on about little things like that, but, well, I think they're important.

Something a lot less important: flip around the Armour: and Weapon: in the mouseover commentary so that they're in the same order they are in Equipment Info. That'd make more sense and look better.

Profile Email
Holydemonhero
 Saturday, June 04 2011 @ 05:50 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Well I guess this is the idea section, so here are some of my ideas for the island. If anyone finds these ideas stupid, oh well I just want to talk about it regardless.
Most of these will probably have to wait till season 3.

1. How about some item set bonus. I noticed that there are Non-Newtonian Shock armor, helmet, gloves, (and maybe even shoes). So how about if you have all armor pieces of a set you get extra charm or maybe a buff. I know that probably many people have thought of this.

2. Dungeons (or call it battle tower or something else). Basically you face monster after monster without the option of returning to town or hospital tent. Each monster is stronger that the last and at the end there would be an extra strong monster kinda like a boss. After defeating the boss you get lots of req and exp.

3. How about a mountain terrain on the southern part of the island. I know that rocks are supposed to be hard to come by, but cmon give it some thought.

4. I would like to explain this one with a personal experience. The first time I picked robot, I thought: Hey, Awesome, you can change increase attack, defense, and regen. So the before the first fight I turn on regeneration on the lowest level. I start the fight and click fight till the end and BAM failboated. The text says that your internal organs overheated or something like that and the heat level was at 50%. After that every time I used it for 1 fight I overheated. Overheat, Boom, Failboat. So I just had to ignore it for the rest of my robot run. Could this please be fixed?

5. Maybe add tournaments were players fight players... Nah this is stupid.

6. Hey your still reading this? Awesome, would you like to visit my dwelling at (17,9). I always enjoy visitors, would you like a drink, or some cookies? How about a relaxing dip in the hot tub? Massage therapist are also available. Hope you enjoy your visit. Mr. Green

Profile Email
Iriana
 Saturday, June 04 2011 @ 06:17 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Holydemonhero

Well I guess this is the idea section, so here are some of my ideas for the island. If anyone finds these ideas stupid, oh well I just want to talk about it regardless...

Well, the "Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback" forum is the place for posting threads to request these sorts of bigger ideas--this particular thread is just for little things, perhaps something that you may not like and want to see changed, or a small improvement to an existing feature. Not quite the same thing, I think.

I've had some interesting conversations in Banter recently, but if I want to save them, I have to copy-paste them out by hand. I'd love if Export Commentary worked for Banter and Global Banter too! At the very least, it'd be nice to have the extraneous Export Commentary link under Banter removed, since it doesn't do anything as of now.

Profile Email
Trowa
 Saturday, June 04 2011 @ 02:55 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Holydemonhero

2. Dungeons (or call it battle tower or something else). Basically you face monster after monster without the option of returning to town or hospital tent. Each monster is stronger that the last and at the end there would be an extra strong monster kinda like a boss. After defeating the boss you get lots of req and exp.

This is like a mashup of the Nightmare Court in Pleasantville, and the Abandoned Factory in Cyber City, kind of a neat idea.

4. I would like to explain this one with a personal experience. The first time I picked robot, I thought: Hey, Awesome, you can change increase attack, defense, and regen. So the before the first fight I turn on regeneration on the lowest level. I start the fight and click fight till the end and BAM failboated. The text says that your internal organs overheated or something like that and the heat level was at 50%. After that every time I used it for 1 fight I overheated. Overheat, Boom, Failboat. So I just had to ignore it for the rest of my robot run. Could this please be fixed?

Yeeeaaaahh....a lot of people have had this experience. And now with the new fight system that takes at least twice as long as before, this is a huge disadvantage.

Something something unintelligible gibberish something.

Profile Email
Docenspiel
 Saturday, June 04 2011 @ 05:14 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Could we have the dragon tattoo labeled 'dragon' in Petra's instead of 'Blair Hippo'? Or add a bit of text saying Petra is drunk or something and gave you the wrong tattoo? Paying for one tattoo and getting another and not complaining or anything is a tad strange.

For rent: one skull, in serious need of dusting.

Profile Email
Beeps
 Saturday, June 04 2011 @ 05:55 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Docenspiel

Could we have the dragon tattoo labeled 'dragon' in Petra's instead of 'Blair Hippo'? Or add a bit of text saying Petra is drunk or something and gave you the wrong tattoo? Paying for one tattoo and getting another and not complaining or anything is a tad strange.

Seconded.
On the topic of tattoos... There's another tattoo available in the code, but not available in-game because by default, it requires a LotGD buff by name that isn't available in II. I'd love to see it updated for II - Especially if you read my petition outlining everything I did to see if it was available.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Saturday, June 04 2011 @ 11:11 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Beeps

Seconded.
On the topic of tattoos... There's another tattoo available in the code, but not available in-game because by default, it requires a LotGD buff by name that isn't available in II. I'd love to see it updated for II - Especially if you read my petition outlining everything I did to see if it was available.

Another tattoo? yesyesyesyesyesyes

Profile Email
tehdave
 Sunday, June 05 2011 @ 03:59 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: dizzyizzy

Seconded.

Another tattoo? yesyesyesyesyesyes

AGREED! I need something to do with these cigs now that I've spent all of them I can on the permanent cig-items. And I don't have any other ideas for dwellings and I haven't finished the one I started >_>

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Beeps
 Sunday, June 05 2011 @ 04:00 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Interest in tattoos, hmm? Well, that'd be an easy module to code... Suggestions/requests?

Goat Collector

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Sunday, June 05 2011 @ 04:21 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Music Note, Horse, "Ned Lardy" Custom Design, "Metallica Rules!", Honey Badger, Kittybike Chopper, Celtic Cross, Bombs, spouse's name, "Skronky Life", rainbow, flames, clouds, airplanes.

Profile Email
Beeps
 Sunday, June 05 2011 @ 04:24 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Wow, uh. That was fast. The one I really wanted to do was the custom design. I'll see if I can figure out a way to fit that in. I have a few ideas of my own, too.

...Uh, how many of those are serious?

Goat Collector

Profile Email
tehdave
 Sunday, June 05 2011 @ 04:28 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Wow, uh. That was fast. The one I really wanted to do was the custom design. I'll see if I can figure out a way to fit that in. I have a few ideas of my own, too.

ALL OF THEM

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Sunday, June 05 2011 @ 05:07 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: tehdave

ALL OF THEM

Profile Email
Beeps
 Sunday, June 05 2011 @ 05:17 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Okay. I'm working on figuring a few things out since the tattoo system is a bit finicky. If I can get custom tattoos working, I'll also have the "spouses' name" one working - Because I'm not going to implement that until I can make it so it keeps the name of the spouse you had when you got the tattoo.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Sunday, June 05 2011 @ 05:24 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Okay. I'm working on figuring a few things out since the tattoo system is a bit finicky. If I can get custom tattoos working, I'll also have the "spouses' name" one working - Because I'm not going to implement that until I can make it so it keeps the name of the spouse you had when you got the tattoo.

Could you make it so they can update the tattoo, but instead of changing the name in the bio, they get a strikethrough and a new name next to it? Big Grin

Profile Email
Beeps
 Sunday, June 05 2011 @ 05:27 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Well, I was figuring they'd just have to put a new one on and explain the old one to their new spouse.

Maybe add an extremely costly option to remove a tattoo. Hmm.

It costs 10 cigs to get a tattoo.
It costs 100,000 req to get married.
How much is not having to explain why you have "Stacy 4 Eva" emblazoned across your back worth?

Goat Collector

Profile Email
Hiraniva
 Sunday, June 05 2011 @ 05:37 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: dizzyizzy

Could you make it so they can update the tattoo, but instead of changing the name in the bio, they get a strikethrough and a new name next to it? Big Grin

Uhm. Yes.

Profile Email
Xavior Litencyre
 Tuesday, June 21 2011 @ 02:06 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Something that's really bugged me a few times now. In the new day menu (U)se a new day and Bu(Y) an extra chronosphere are right next to each other. I really don't like accidentally buying chronospheres and it makes me A LOT less likely to want to have unspent supporter points on my account Frown

Profile Email
Sloth
 Tuesday, June 21 2011 @ 03:35 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: Xavior+Litencyre

Something that's really bugged me a few times now. In the new day menu (U)se a new day and Bu(Y) an extra chronosphere are right next to each other. I really don't like accidentally buying chronospheres and it makes me A LOT less likely to want to have unspent supporter points on my account Frown

Seconded. I've accidentally bought chronos before. Kinda annoying. A confirmation screen would be nice, or just an obscure hotkey.

Profile Email
jakell
 Sunday, July 03 2011 @ 08:35 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: Matthew

Point the second: on the right side bar, can buffs please please please be moved up between Equipment Info and Game State? That's just such a more sensible location for it, and now with the Global Banter taking up so much space, we need to scroll down before we can see our buffs. That is surprisingly annoying!

Seconding... This has been a thorn in my side for quite a while now, since remaining rounds of buffs change constantly, while your equipment rarely changes.having to scroll down the page to see how many more rounds my adrenaline buff has leftover can throw off my timing at times.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.69 seconds
New Topic Post Reply