Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 If I could change one small thing on The Island
 |  Printable Version
jakell
 Sunday, July 03 2011 @ 08:40 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Is there any way we could disable adding cigs to the buff stash once you have maxed out the buff? I have yet to accidentally drop cigs in my clan's buff now, but it seems like something that could be avoided. I know way back when I was a member of QQQ, they had about 200 cigs in their buff stash, and no way to do anything with them; I would hate to see this happen to anyone. Perhaps a leader could shuffle gigs between that and increasing membership, or we could just combine both into one big stash which clan leaders (in their infinite wisdom) could decide how to spend the cigs?

Profile Email
jakell
 Sunday, July 03 2011 @ 08:58 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Also, we have multiples for cooking and insult lessons (so very nice, by the way!), could we get a 10x option for training at Tynan's Gym? I spend several minutes a newday clicking in that place, several times a day. If there was a 10x option, I would easily save a half-hour a day, if not upwards of an hour somedays. Admittedly, this is likely not an issue for easily 95% of the island's population, but I and a few others would really appreciate this addition.

Profile Email
Laser Towel
 Friday, July 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: dizzyizzy

Music Note, Horse, "Ned Lardy" Custom Design, "Metallica Rules!", Honey Badger, Kittybike Chopper, Celtic Cross, Bombs, spouse's name, "Skronky Life", rainbow, flames, clouds, airplanes.

No Haiks? BLASPHEMY!

... I would totally get a tattoo of a Haiks. Totally.

Dent

Profile Email
Matthew
 Wednesday, September 21 2011 @ 02:40 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Look at me, bumping an ancient thread!

It's another horrible nitpick, but honestly, the Stamina screen could stand to have a bit of a re-polishing in organization; I'd put this as about as important as fixing typos. It'll also organize stats to put the ones that Jokers mostly care about first, and space them out so it's easier to tell at a glance if you have a good day or not.

Here'd be my suggested order:

Fighting - Standard (rename this to Fighting or Combat, maybe; there's no longer a need to differentiate it as 'Standard'. Standard vs... what?)
(remove Fighting - Targeted, it does nothing now)
Taking It on the Chin (could this please have a better name? Just from looking at it, you'd have no idea what the hell it's even for. I don't even know what it's for. Something more self-evident would help.)
Running Away
Insults - Classy
Insults - Confusing
Insults - Coarse (rearranged in the order they appear under Ronsen-Kiai during combat)

Hunting - Normal
Hunting - Easy Fights
Hunting - Big Trouble
Hunting - Suicidal

Travelling - Plain
Travelling - Jungle
Travelling - Beach
Travelling - River
Travelling - Ocean
Travelling - Swamp
Travelling - Mountain
Travelling - Snow

Cooking
Cleaning the Carcass (Carcass Cleaning?)

Logging
Stonecutting
Scrap Scavenging
Carpentry
Masonry
Decorating
Reinforcement (rearranged to Gethering -> Building -> Misc)

I know such a change would be cosmietic and largely low-priority in the grand scheme of things, but it's not (or at least what I can't imagine being, I could be wrong) much work for a fairly noticable improvement. It's a quality-of-life thing (if perhaps a bit OCD) for the people who care about gameplay, and yes, Jokers, which both seem to be a fairly large amount of the population, even a majority.

Wow, look at all the commas in that last sentence.

Profile Email
Matthew
 Wednesday, September 21 2011 @ 03:00 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Oh, and another suggestion that I forgot, kind of in the same vein: please reorder the right sidebar so it goes from Most Important -> Least Important.

Vital Info
Personal Info
Buffs
Game State
Equipment Info
Global Banter

It's actually more annoying than you'd think to have to scroll down after every monster to see if I have ammunition left.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Thursday, September 22 2011 @ 01:48 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Also, races that have a "Scavenging" bonus should actually get a stamina discount to Scrap Scavenging, like Zombies. (Though personally, I don't see Zombies being good at Scavenging Scrap.)

Really, there's been no rejiggering of stamina costs for new skills for a long time--only Robots get their Discount-to-All affecting the building skills. My vote would be to make the beefy, multi-armed mutants good at building skills.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Thursday, September 22 2011 @ 04:10 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

And Jester Pipes, can we please get a realistic text input box for Monster Submissions, complete with an example of what the submission will look like in formatting? Doing things in notepad and then checking formatting via Distractions sent to oneself is cumbersome.

Profile Email
Devorah
 Thursday, September 22 2011 @ 04:49 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: Awesome+Fred

And Jester Pipes, can we please get a realistic text input box for Monster Submissions, complete with an example of what the submission will look like in formatting? Doing things in notepad and then checking formatting via Distractions sent to oneself is cumbersome.

Have you seen this? http://www.shadedraco.com/ii-text-preview.html Very helpful for room descriptions and monster descriptions alike! Though an in-game version would be much more convenient, this is at least more convenient than checking via Distractions.

Profile Email
Kes
 Thursday, September 22 2011 @ 04:50 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

I would love to be able to buy an Extended Bio as a Hunter's Lodge item - I think it's one of the few donators' perks (or the only?) that can't be bought and gifted, and I can see it being useful for alts and friends and the like.

Profile Email
thryn
 Thursday, September 22 2011 @ 05:15 AM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Clan insignia tattoos might also be entertaining, and for those who clan-hop, could carry the same sorts of removal/coverup costs as the spouse's name ones.

Profile Email
Docenspiel
 Thursday, September 22 2011 @ 05:23 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

If I could change one eensy weensy thing about the Island,

I'd like to get a medal for buying the map 10 times. Or, ya know, eliminate the opportunity to. Which ever's easier.

For rent: one skull, in serious need of dusting.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Thursday, September 22 2011 @ 06:03 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Devorah

Have you seen this? http://www.shadedraco.com/ii-text-preview.html Very helpful for room descriptions and monster descriptions alike! Though an in-game version would be much more convenient, this is at least more convenient than checking via Distractions.

I less than three you right now.

Profile Email
Omega
 Thursday, September 22 2011 @ 10:46 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Alternatively, you can use http://bitwise-guy.com/improbable/ci/preview , which I prefer that one.

There are two secrets to success. The second one is to never reveal all your secrets.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Saturday, September 24 2011 @ 05:14 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Omega

Alternatively, you can use http://bitwise-guy.com/improbable/ci/preview , which I prefer that one.

Sorry, Devorah, but I seem to less than three Omega just a little more right now.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Saturday, September 24 2011 @ 05:14 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

--Silly double posts!--

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Saturday, September 24 2011 @ 08:41 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Though we've gotten lots of changes I really, really appreciate...

...could I ask to stretch it a bit more?

Picking up stones from my building inventory is still a dichotomy of Take One / Take All.

Preferably, I'd go for Take One / Take Half / Take All and Give One / Give Half / Give All, but even Take 10 and Give 10 would cut my clicking by 90% about.

EDIT:

...actually, I desperately need the Take 10 / Give 10. 7300 stones, I need to take 200 from that. I need to scroll and click for each individual stone.

._.

EDIT 2:

And I was that close to mis-clicking to hit Take All, which would have completely reset the process... Something about the item UI has to change.

Profile Email
Beeps
 Saturday, September 24 2011 @ 09:19 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Or, uh... A "Take x[__________]" field?

Goat Collector

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Saturday, September 24 2011 @ 11:32 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I've asked for that change many, many times, Beeps, and at this point, I'll take what I imagine to be a much easier fix considering the Take 10 type of option has been implemented in many places since I've first asked for amount input boxes.

Profile Email
Beeps
 Saturday, September 24 2011 @ 11:36 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

It's harder on the sidebar because addnav stuff is really picky and seemed really limited from what I saw. The Place Inventory system does not use the navbar, and it should be really easy to implement.

Goat Collector

Profile Email
Buddleia
 Sunday, September 25 2011 @ 02:56 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

If I could change yet another small thing ... I would put the mini-map 5x5 navigation thing above the Places and chat.

If you're on a route that has four houses per square - especially if the descriptions go to paragraphs - then it's click .... page loads .... scroll down to check where you are. Click .... page loads .... scroll down. Click ... page loads ... scroll down.

Rather than click-load, click-load, click-load.

Right now, the travel page looks like
1. Mount flavour text, inventory overweight, etc
2. Places
3. Titans
4. Mini map
5. Compass
6. Chat
7. Map key

If you stop to chat, they jump around, and that's fine. But I would have thought that most people spend far more time and far more occasions on the map travelling rather than standing still roleplaying. If you just want to know where you are, to check if you have hit Y six times or only five, then having the map at the top would be far more useful.

So how about
1. Mount/inventory messages
2. Mini-map
3. Compass
4. Places
5. Titans
6. Chat
7. Map key

Also, is it at all doable to combine the Titan messages with a summary of the directions you can hear them, rather than having a separate message for each one? The most I've seen from one square is fourteen (and I wouldn't be at all surprised if others could beat my record). That was a lot of scrolling to get to the mini-map.

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
Content generated in: 1.67 seconds
New Topic Post Reply