Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 If I could change one small thing on The Island
 |  Printable Version
Count Sessine
 Saturday, October 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: warownslife

I would like either a better wiki(one thats not full of lies) or a way to buy cigarettes.

No lies? But, but... that would be no fun!

Cigs, though, can be bought in the Hunter's Lodge.

Profile Email
Docenspiel
 Saturday, October 15 2011 @ 09:43 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: warownslife

I would like either a better wiki(one thats not full of lies) or a way to buy cigarettes.

But there aren't any lies in the wiki. Every fact is triple checked by a lowly desk clerk, who then sends it up to the vice-secretary to be checked twice more, then it goes to trusted scribes to copy it exactly, under pain of death by tickling.

For rent: one skull, in serious need of dusting.

Profile Email
Boudi
 Saturday, October 15 2011 @ 11:01 PM UTC  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

Quote by: Docenspiel

Every fact is triple checked by a lowly desk clerk, who then sends it up to the vice-secretary to be checked twice more, then it goes to trusted scribes to copy it exactly, under pain of death by tickling.

... Eben? We should pay him better. Perhaps with pens.

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Sunday, October 16 2011 @ 12:04 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Boudi

Every fact is triple checked by a lowly desk clerk, who then sends it up to the vice-secretary to be checked twice more, then it goes to trusted scribes to copy it exactly, under pain of death by tickling.

Is Eben doing the tickling? Sign me up.

Profile Email
Chimental
 Tuesday, October 18 2011 @ 01:39 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

If I could change one thing, I would wish to be able to track down these spammers' IP addresses.

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
tehdave
 Wednesday, October 19 2011 @ 05:29 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: dizzyizzy

Quote by: Boudi

Is Eben doing the tickling? Sign me up.

Ditto. Also more pens. And you forgot to mention the Aide to the Semi-Senior Vice President of fact-checking, whose job it is to ensure that this process happens as confusingly as possible. Conservation of Bureaucracy and all that.

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Wongo the Sane
 Saturday, October 22 2011 @ 02:26 PM UTC  
Forum Badass
Badass

If I could change one small thing on the island, I would have your inventory/house master settings not flip back to the top whenever you change anything. This would be awesome - I dread to think what a nightmare sorting the pages and doors on a Dunbernarding sized building must be like.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Sunday, October 23 2011 @ 02:00 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Wongo+the+Sane

If I could change one small thing on the island, I would have your inventory/house master settings not flip back to the top whenever you change anything. This would be awesome - I dread to think what a nightmare sorting the pages and doors on a Dunbernarding sized building must be like.

If that's reasonably possible then it would certainly be most helpful.

Profile Email
Kes
 Wednesday, November 02 2011 @ 12:02 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

It would be absolutely flippin' wonderful to be able to set in-game avatars back to nothing, and not just a replacement picture. I know I'm not the only person who's been trying to find work-arounds for this.

(Here's where it turns out that it's so darn near impossible to code that it's not even worth it. In which case, muffins. If I could change one small thing about the island, it would be more muffins.)

Profile Email
tehdave
 Wednesday, November 02 2011 @ 02:27 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Kes

It would be absolutely flippin' wonderful to be able to set in-game avatars back to nothing, and not just a replacement picture. I know I'm not the only person who's been trying to find work-arounds for this.

(Here's where it turns out that it's so darn near impossible to code that it's not even worth it. In which case, muffins. If I could change one small thing about the island, it would be more muffins.)

I tried setting it to a corrupted JPG file before, to erase the avatar on the server...let's just say it didn't go well...

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Chimental
 Wednesday, November 02 2011 @ 02:53 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I liked to be able to access my inventory, and as such my Lodge Items, while on the Failboat.

I make the many models of a mutant individual. To make them I use vegetables, animals, and minerals. From robot bugs to zombie bears to many singing barnacles.

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Thursday, November 10 2011 @ 11:20 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: dizzyizzy

Also, the customized furniture text for double beds. "Customized furniture (King size bed) is occupied by Devorah (room for one more)" looks terrible.

Quote by: Maniak

... As for the furniture, well, the same assumption is made, isn't it? The whole idea of custom furniture is that it's no longer recognizable as such. Having a big THIS IS STILL A COUCH plastered over your hyperbaric chamber/patch of grass in the shade totally ruins the illusion. ...

This has been changed a little bit, but as soon as someone occupies the furniture, Cadfael's "Customized furniture" logo sticker still shows up. Now we see "Customized Furniture (Wooden Bench) occupied by so-and-so". This is... as Maniac says, illusion-destroying.

It would be very, very nice if Cadfael would just customize the verbosename to exactly what the customer asked for, no more and no less.

As an experiment, I changed the verbosename for the benches in Main Street Station from 'Customized Furniture (Wooden Bench)' to 'Wooden Bench'. People have been coming and going for some days now; it seems that not having the sticker there has no obvious ill effects.

Profile Email
Matthew
 Monday, November 14 2011 @ 04:44 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Also, again, I'd love to see joker bandoliers changed back to the way they were. It makes sense to me that one would shrug their bandolier off to sleep, so the flavor text doesn't even make sense if your grenades are in the bandoliers. Plus, it'll allow bomb use to actually be practical for Jokers.

Profile Email
tehdave
 Monday, November 14 2011 @ 08:51 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Matthew

Also, again, I'd love to see joker bandoliers changed back to the way they were. It makes sense to me that one would shrug their bandolier off to sleep, so the flavor text doesn't even make sense if your grenades are in the bandoliers. Plus, it'll allow bomb use to actually be practical for Jokers.

Jokers....PRACTICAL!?

SURELY YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Sunday, November 27 2011 @ 10:54 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Put the Map on the top of the page, then the Compass Rose, THEN the Places. Please.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Sunday, November 27 2011 @ 11:54 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Someone said it well in that other thread. Increased Req Payouts mean squat if the bank is closed. Period. The Bank should be the last to close. Maybe they're well-guarded, which is why no one on the island ever tries to do a bank heist.

But really. I think it would be far-reaching if Banks never closed during Onslaught. In fact, it makes most sense for the bank to close last, gameplay-wise. As the threat to the town gets higher and higher, it should be "luxury-level" stores that close, leaving eBoy's and the Bank as the only 'stores' open--that means that EVERYBODY left in the town will be pushed towards fighting-or-leaving. No one needs to help fight in the CC404 jungle if they can slide in, register for the next Rally, and slide out before the city totally falls.

Profile Email
Hairy Mary
 Sunday, November 27 2011 @ 01:56 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Awesome+Fred

...which is why no one on the island ever tries to do a bank heist.

Not so. See here for the story of a daring bank raid by GERM (and others) and here for a less successful attempt led by the Skronkys.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Monday, November 28 2011 @ 08:33 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Glory:

I love it.

Problem, though.

Rank should be factored in. The MotD lists 3 factors: current health, damage taken, number of rounds.
There should be a multiplier by the rank. Not a big multiplier, since fighting at higher ranks has a more volatile health bar naturally, but still. It should be a 1X0% modifier where X is your rank. 110% for Rank 1, 150% for Rank 5, 180% for Rank 8astard.

The ones who live the most dangerously are the ones at the highest rank. Let's make sure there's no way to game the system with rank 1s against titans or something.

Profile Email
Omega
 Tuesday, November 29 2011 @ 05:39 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Awesome+Fred

The ones who live the most dangerously are the ones at the highest rank. Let's make sure there's no way to game the system with rank 1s against titans or something.

Oh, I'm afraid a simple increase like this would not help a big deal.
When you have a lot of stamina and go to a breach or fighting Titans, you can accumulate a multiplier of 300, 700 or even a thousand easily, provided that you don't reach level 15 and DK already.

Unless that stacks with the multiplier, maybe...

There are two secrets to success. The second one is to never reveal all your secrets.

Profile Email
Sonny
 Tuesday, November 29 2011 @ 10:34 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

This wouldn't be because you aren't number one anymore, would it? Laughing Out Loud

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.71 seconds
New Topic Post Reply