Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 If I could change one small thing on The Island
 |  Printable Version
Awesome Fred
 Tuesday, November 29 2011 @ 10:40 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Sonny

This wouldn't be because you aren't number one anymore, would it? Laughing Out Loud

Oh, no, I was never anywhere near the top, actually.

...which was kinda my surprise.

...until I remembered that I don't fight Titans anymore. Rolling Eyes

(And I fear Maniak would tear my head off if I ever ran a Rank 1 again Eek! )

Mr. Green

Profile Email
Maniak
 Tuesday, November 29 2011 @ 11:24 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

This wouldn't be because you aren't number one anymore, would it? Laughing Out Loud

You are confusing Awesome Fred with Teh Dave.

Quote by: Awesome+Fred

(And I fear Maniak would tear my head off if I ever ran a Rank 1 again Eek! )

With my bare hands.

Achieving a good glory score on a Bastard Rank is difficult though, with all the mutual KOs that reset your score. I'm not sure if yet another multiplier would make much of a difference. The sweet spot would become Rank 5, much like it already is now for cigs/ease of play.

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
Sonny
 Tuesday, November 29 2011 @ 11:29 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Oh, probably! But then... Eek!

This wouldn't be because you never were number one, would it? Wink

Profile Email
Docenspiel
 Tuesday, November 29 2011 @ 11:53 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I'd really like it if the text preview for Places didn't freak out every time I try to center text or use the J code.

For rent: one skull, in serious need of dusting.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Tuesday, November 29 2011 @ 11:57 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Oh, probably! But then... Eek!

This wouldn't be because you never were number one, would it? Wink

Wink

Quote by: Maniak

With my bare hands.

Exclaimation

Profile Email
tehdave
 Wednesday, November 30 2011 @ 07:21 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Yeah...glory is well nigh impossible to -get- keep at a higher rank right now, or just jungle fighting as someone with full clan buffs.

The only way I managed my personal high score was amazing joker stats and titans. I don't even know how Petrucci has 1.3 billion o.O

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Nem
 Thursday, December 01 2011 @ 06:41 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

When you get a new armour/weapon/etc, there's a text that says "Sheila nods approvingly as you swagger around posing with your new[insert your new equipment here]". I know it's a tiny thing and that I'm being pretty obsessive, but it would be nice if there was a space between the word "new" and the name of your equipment - I can't imagine that it takes much time and it would make me really happy Big Grin

Profile Email
Omega
 Thursday, December 01 2011 @ 06:49 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: tehdave

Yeah...glory is well nigh impossible to -get- keep at a higher rank right now, or just jungle fighting as someone with full clan buffs.

The only way I managed my personal high score was amazing joker stats and titans. I don't even know how Petrucci has 1.3 billion o.O

Oh, that would be easy. I do imagine Petrucci achieved it while fighting multi-monsters. You know, when you have less than 20% stamina, you can stay alive for a really long time if you are not strong enough to kill the enemy, yet not weak enough to die. Using the chemical pack allows you to endure losing consciousness if the enemy does not hit you immediately after it. And with a really big chemical pack, you can fight practically forever!

...That being said, I'm not actually sure how does one achieve a score this high.

Nem: You should check the bug report link on top of the game's page. I think there was a bug report about missing spaces.

There are two secrets to success. The second one is to never reveal all your secrets.

Profile Email
Nem
 Thursday, December 01 2011 @ 07:14 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

Oops!
Thanks, I'll put it there.

Profile Email
Harris
 Thursday, December 01 2011 @ 08:19 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I would remove the "takes a breath" alert (again) when we type. It makes special comments zero fun, 'cos it breaks the fourth wall for you when you try and use them as non-character related narration.

I love non-character related narration. Frown

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
dizzyizzy
 Thursday, December 01 2011 @ 06:07 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Harris

I would remove the "takes a breath" alert (again) when we type. It makes special comments zero fun, 'cos it breaks the fourth wall for you when you try and use them as non-character related narration.

I love non-character related narration. Frown

Right now, it's just testing to see if the server can handle it for when the new commentary system comes in (maybe tonight!)

Admin CavemanJoe says "The new system doesn't handle Specials in the same way, the Javascript is separated out, and the typing indicator doesn't get tripped for Specials, commands, GREMs, or anything you're typing that isn't a regular comment or emote."

It's won't be a problem in the new system.

Profile Email
Harris
 Thursday, December 01 2011 @ 09:02 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

My reply will be in the appropriate thread. Mr. Green

"Ain't nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile." -The Grateful Dead

Profile Email Website
Awesome Fred
 Friday, December 02 2011 @ 03:32 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Okay, now I just remembered why I'm so loathe to keep distributing stones: now the way the Building Inventory is set up with the furniture on top, I have to scroll far down to click the Take a Stone one-by-one for 200 times.

Yay, new commentary's a-coming. Please, please, let the ability to specify action repeats for these situations be the next thing.

Profile Email
Omega
 Saturday, December 03 2011 @ 07:41 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Okay, now I just remembered why I'm so loathe to keep distributing stones: now the way the Building Inventory is set up with the furniture on top, I have to scroll far down to click the Take a Stone one-by-one for 200 times.

Yay, new commentary's a-coming. Please, please, let the ability to specify action repeats for these situations be the next thing.

Oh,while you wait for that to be changed, you can try pressing the End button and the Page Down button to immediately scroll down to the bottom or one page. It's a lot of help for me when I want to fight Titans and check my final health after ten rounds or check the miniHall-O'-Fame.

There are two secrets to success. The second one is to never reveal all your secrets.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Sunday, December 04 2011 @ 12:32 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Omega

Oh,while you wait for that to be changed, you can try pressing the End button and the Page Down button to immediately scroll down to the bottom or one page. It's a lot of help for me when I want to fight Titans and check my final health after ten rounds or check the miniHall-O'-Fame.

I managed to accomplish it in significantly accelerated time by pressing Page Down 3 times and having my cursor positioned exactly over where the link would be. I then kept a stiff right arm for about a good 5 minutes, I'd say, as I clicked over and over.

Profile Email
tehdave
 Monday, December 05 2011 @ 03:24 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I managed to accomplish it in significantly accelerated time by pressing Page Down 3 times and having my cursor positioned exactly over where the link would be. I then kept a stiff right arm for about a good 5 minutes, I'd say, as I clicked over and over.

All. The. Damned. Time.

Mostly on transferring grenades and such, for me, but for other things too...really wish there was a way to manipulate larger numbers of items in inventory than just one, and less than all...

Isn't sanity just a one-trick pony anyway? All you get is one trick: rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, the sky's the limit.

Profile Email
Omega
 Monday, December 05 2011 @ 05:16 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: tehdave

Mostly on transferring grenades and such, for me, but for other things too...really wish there was a way to manipulate larger numbers of items in inventory than just one, and less than all...

I personally don't mind it much. It all serves to raise the rightmost number-that-is-last-on-the-bottom-of-the-page. Go on, little one! You're close enough to a million!

Profile Email
Anonymous: TedDuda
 Tuesday, December 06 2011 @ 02:25 AM UTC  

Being the Linguistic Nazi that I am, may I go slightly off-topic here and request Mr. CMJ if I could post a list containing typos? (The aforementioned spelling/grammatical errors or LotGD references would effectively be posted either in a new thread, this thread, or in one post here to be edited, if it is alright.)

To continue further off-topic, with my apologies, it's nice to be here. I look forward to posting in the forums and possibly editing the wiki as time allows. Smile

Omega
 Tuesday, December 06 2011 @ 11:22 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: TedDuda

Being the Linguistic Nazi that I am, may I go slightly off-topic here and request Mr. CMJ if I could post a list containing typos?

I do believe a better place for them would be as a public petition under the "Report a problem" button in top of the game screen, but yeah, maybe!

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Tuesday, December 06 2011 @ 04:00 PM UTC  
Forum Moderator

Quote by: TedDuda

Being the Linguistic Nazi that I am, may I go slightly off-topic here and request Mr. CMJ if I could post a list containing typos?

I do believe a better place for them would be as a public petition under the "Report a problem" button in top of the game screen, but yeah, maybe!

Yes, the petitions would be a more useful place - but before reporting a typo, please read through the list of ones that have already been diligently collected and reported there by other players. (Thank you... you know who you are!)

If a typo has already been reported, then it is already on the list of things to be fixed, and no useful purpose can be served by reporting it again. It will be corrected... when CMJ has the time to do it.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 1.61 seconds
New Topic Post Reply