Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Development New Topic Post Reply
 Table of number of monsters sighted (suggested) per level.
 |  Printable Version
wvf
 Saturday, October 09 2010 @ 03:07 AM UTC (Read 2259 times)  
Forum Badass
Badass

I'd be interested to see a table with # of monsters along the y axis and level of monster along the x axis. (Is there any chance you could produce one, Caveman Joe?) If one cannot be made, or raw data cannot be made available, perhaps the community can come up with a volunteer submission system. (But, that's for later.)

I'd be interested to see if more monsters are submitted for high levels or for low levels, and how many are submitted in total.

Also, how much does the level of the monster matter? Is it something routinely changed to suite the distribution?

Profile Email
Count Sessine
 Saturday, October 09 2010 @ 03:27 AM UTC  
Forum Moderator

There are between 20 and 30 different monsters for most levels, fewer for 15, 16, and 17. And, yes, the level of a newly accepted monster can be changed if it seems to be better suited to a level other than the one suggested.

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Sunday, October 10 2010 @ 05:28 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Count+Sessine

And, yes, the level of a newly accepted monster can be changed if it seems to be better suited to a level other than the one suggested.

good i submitted one at lvl 1 that's no good for lvl 1

Profile Email
Anonymous: WVF/DDR
 Sunday, October 10 2010 @ 06:46 AM UTC  

Well, I guess the graph wouldn't matter then. We can forget it.

But I so wanted to make a nice colour graph. Frown

Bakemaster
 Monday, October 11 2010 @ 02:35 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

You know, I had been wondering about this exact issue a week or two back.

I'm surprised to hear that levels 15, 16 and 17 have the least different monsters. I'd have expected people to submit loads of monsters that they think are SOOPER POWERFUL.

Unofficial Improbable Island out-of-character chat is at irc.foonetic.net, channel #iisland - come on by!

Profile Email Website
Hairy Mary
 Monday, October 11 2010 @ 01:40 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Bakemaster

You know, I had been wondering about this exact issue a week or two back.

I'm surprised to hear that levels 15, 16 and 17 have the least different monsters. I'd have expected people to submit loads of monsters that they think are SOOPER POWERFUL.

They may well of done, but that doesn't mean that they're SOOPER GOOD or that they haven't been reclassified to different levels where they're most needed.

When I submitted my monsters, I was at a bit of a loss about which level to put them at, the answer was, well, whereever you want them really.

Profile Email
Trones
 Tuesday, October 12 2010 @ 07:07 AM UTC  
Forum Newbie

I've wondered about the levels and quantity of submissions myself. I've only submitted one, but I initially worried considerably if my level choice would be a deciding factor, based on how many monsters might have been submitted for that level. In hindsight, I seriously doubt it was anything but the quality of my monster that failed. On a related note, when one's monster is rejected, is there any sort of confirmation?*

*Advance apologies for the hijack.

Profile Email
dizzyizzy
 Tuesday, October 12 2010 @ 10:03 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Trones

I've wondered about the levels and quantity of submissions myself. I've only submitted one, but I initially worried considerably if my level choice would be a deciding factor, based on how many monsters might have been submitted for that level. In hindsight, I seriously doubt it was anything but the quality of my monster that failed. On a related note, when one's monster is rejected, is there any sort of confirmation?*

*Advance apologies for the hijack.

yep, you'll get a distraction. I've seen two different ones: One saying "Pretty good, but needs work, try again" and one flat-out "No."

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.57 seconds
New Topic Post Reply