Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Something I've been wondering about Robots
 |  Printable Version
Ochris
 Friday, December 17 2010 @ 02:33 AM UTC (Read 1723 times)  
Forum Contestant
Contestant

I never really get into arguments about game balancing, but I just have a quick question about robots.

Why can't a robot choose to heal from 10-90%, why must they always heal to 100%? It precludes the possibility of using the chemical pack implant to its fullest potential, a disadvantage that I'm pretty sure none of the other races suffer for any of their abilities.

Profile Email
Mister Rawr
 Friday, December 17 2010 @ 08:13 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Hrm... s'a pretty valid point, I think. Unfortunate that it's likely going to be a bit before a R4WRB0T or Robo Bandito returns to the Island.

Profile Email
Derander
 Friday, December 17 2010 @ 06:41 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

As an avid robot player for a while now, this has been my main beef this season.

Not that the addition of a partial shut down option would lure me back after cutting us mechanical humanoids off from all food sources...

More than a DK or two.

I'm weak.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Thursday, December 23 2010 @ 07:32 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I wouldn't think of this as a balance issue, but a quality-of-life issue. Even without being compared to the other races, the fact that you can't heal partially means that gameplay gets harder the more health you have. I sit at 867 at level 15 currently, and if I ever healed from somewhere like 10%, I'd spent somewhere in the range of 24-30% stamina. That's absolutely ridiculous, and damage scales quite a bit with health; it's less dangerous for someone with 200 out of 200 health than for someone with 200 out of 1000 health, given the same attack, defense, and rank.

Actually, it turns out for me that the Chemical Pack is indispensible as a Robot. If I used any other implant, I would be forced to heal by spending 30 stamina, ending my day significantly earlier.

Profile Email
Matthew
 Thursday, December 23 2010 @ 09:14 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Awesome+Fred

I sit at 867 at level 15 currently, and if I ever healed from somewhere like 10%, I'd spent somewhere in the range of 24-30% stamina.

Yeah, I think the stamina costs should really be looked at, or at least based on percentage instead of the raw number of HP healed. 30% to heal completely as a robot is a little absurd; when you have a clan aura, it's not so bad, but a lot of people don't have the infinibuff.

edit: A robot-only food in Cyber City would also be way awesome. Oil? Batteries? I dunno. Something.

Profile Email
Awesome Fred
 Thursday, December 23 2010 @ 04:06 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

I mean, I don't know how people play their Robots, but I think lots of people play it differently from others. As a Robot, I play a lower rank than I am capable of with other races. I use a Force Generator, have an infinite clan buff, and a Chemical Pack--and between these three, I never have to heal by resting using stamina. I also avoid overheating entirely by never using Overclocking, because there's no safe amount to Overclock--there's always a chance to malfunction even at the smallest amounts of heat, and Overclock penalties would normally always push me over the brink of my stable HP range and Failboat me.

Profile Email
Matthew
 Friday, December 24 2010 @ 03:06 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Awesome+Fred

I mean, I don't know how people play their Robots, but I think lots of people play it differently from others. As a Robot, I play a lower rank than I am capable of with other races. I use a Force Generator, have an infinite clan buff, and a Chemical Pack--and between these three, I never have to heal by resting using stamina. I also avoid overheating entirely by never using Overclocking, because there's no safe amount to Overclock--there's always a chance to malfunction even at the smallest amounts of heat, and Overclock penalties would normally always push me over the brink of my stable HP range and Failboat me.

On my few robot runs, I actually played it almost exactly like this. Plasma Guns are also way awesome for a robot, because you're going to run out of stamina before you run out of ammo. That's a good tip about the Chem. Pack, though; I just always pick Spat. Awareness without thinking because it's my favorite implant of the lot.

As a Joker, I can comfortably pull a rank 6; as a Robot, I just can't do it. Too fragile. Robot isn't bad, I guess; just annoying to play compared to some of the other races.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.64 seconds
New Topic Post Reply