Enquirer Home Page | Twitter | Back to Improbable Island

Forum Index > Season Two > Feature Requests, Ideas and Feedback New Topic Post Reply
 Mystical Rail pass
 |  Printable Version
Wolfgang
 Friday, January 07 2011 @ 07:38 PM UTC (Read 3453 times)  
Forum Contender
Contender

Perhaps i haven't looked hard enough, but for the life of me i cannot find out where/how to obtain this Rail pass. If anyone knows where or how, it'd be nice to know. Getting around the island would be less dangerous that way.

Wolf

Profile Email
Miss Hellebore
 Friday, January 07 2011 @ 08:31 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

There's a compendium somewhere, but the short of it is. Go to the Improbable Grand Central (1E of IC). Spend 10 cigs on a genuine levver card case. Find cards. 5 cards get you a rail pass. Jokers and multiple cards will get you better than a rail pass.

Related note: Am I way behind the times and there's something new about finding cards? I haven't picked them up in forever.

Profile Email
hajen
 Friday, January 07 2011 @ 08:40 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

let me add to Miss Hellebore's answer.

this is the thread i know about
there might be others.

and this is the most relevant post (so you don't need to swim through the thread - it's long).

Quote by: Rykar

Before you can collect cards, you need a wallet. To get one, go to the Grand Concourse, one klick east of Improbable Central. Enter and leave until you see a scruffy looking man, who will sell you a wallet for 10 cigs.

There are certain places that cards drop. The messages for the drop are clearly specific to the location. So far, these have all been dwellings owned by DICE members. Most of the occurrences have been in Thistlewhite Manor, on top of New Pittsburgh. Cards have been spotted in the Parlor, Kitchen, Bathroom, and Topiary garden, with messages like

What luck! You find a smudged, battered old playing card under a loose brick by the disused fireplace. You've heard these can be worth quite a bit to a collector. Carefully you tuck it away in your fine leather card case.

The other locations I and others have noticed so far are

15,9 Smoking Windmill - Police Box
8,10 Beach Below DICE Clan Halls - The Firepit

But it seems that once you've gotten a couple drops in dwellings, it is almost impossible to get more. I have gotten "something improbable" where I've missed a card twice in a day after getting two.

When starting a new GameDay with a certain number or combination of cards, I'm not sure as to the requirements, they will all vanish and be replaced by a number of train passes.

Combinations as of yet tested:

5 of spades at newday - nothing happens
5 of spades, 8 of diamonds, ace of spades - Nothing
3 of spades - Nothing
5 of spades, ace of spades, 10 of clubs. 2 of stars - Nothing
2,3,5,8,8 of diamonds: 2 passes
Joker, 5 diamonds - Nothing

You can indeed pick up cards with a full wallet...at least I have. But only one so far on a full wallet.

Once you have a train pass, you can go to any train station (one near each outpost) and board the train. One ticket is immediately punched, and you can ride the train as much as you want for the rest of the gameday. The unpunched tickets remain with you at newday, but a punched ticket disappears. Tickets cannot be traded.

Any questions?

"tis better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"

Profile Email
Maniak
 Friday, January 07 2011 @ 09:10 PM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Il grande compendium: https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1pJs8YYgalcDIRcxo70yYOVXLC02CcbEjHPrqpqkzQsc

In response to Ms Hellebore, haven't seen anything out of the ordinary. Try visiting the dwellings, they're reliable card drops.

http://maniak.cu.cc/

Profile Email Website
Buddleia
 Sunday, January 09 2011 @ 01:41 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

The short link is tinyurl.com/imp-train-compendium, for sharing in-game. The Google Docs link is for people who can't access tinyurl for whatever reason.

Card drop points will be changing! Sessine has been working on trains version 2, and apparently there will be different places, and they won't all be active all the time. We will have to hunt harder. Meanwhile, the points are mapped out in the Compendium.

For combos, note that there are 51 types of cards - Joker and A-10 in five suits - and cards must match both suit and number before they count as a duplicate to give you more passes. Having five, six or 51 different non-matching cards will still only get you one pass. Also note that Jokers are no longer tradeable. Other cards can be sent for free (if slowly) via the Gifting Station in the Common Grounds.

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
Miss Hellebore
 Sunday, January 09 2011 @ 05:07 PM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

I think after the Cataclysm, I stopped seeking out cards as much since I always got mine from the Bingo Hall. Glad it's working as intended and I just need to go look harder.

Profile Email
D Valentine
 Monday, January 10 2011 @ 01:12 AM UTC  
Forum Contender
Contender

Quote by: Miss+Hellebore

I think after the Cataclysm, I stopped seeking out cards as much since I always got mine from the Bingo Hall. Glad it's working as intended and I just need to go look harder.

Where is the Bingo Hall?
--edit--
Never mind. Got it!

Profile Email
Buddleia
 Monday, January 10 2011 @ 04:45 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Oh lord. That reminds me. I need to re-map the Bingo Hall. To find where the cards went after the cataclysm. Eek!

... I am just going outside, gentlemen. I may be some time.

Improbable Reference Links - goo.gl/MRBnb -------------- Land Registry (map of Places) ---- goo.gl/bpkRR

Profile Email Website
dizzyizzy
 Monday, January 10 2011 @ 06:43 AM UTC  
Forum Improbable Badass
Improbable Badass

Quote by: Buddleia

Oh lord. That reminds me. I need to re-map the Bingo Hall. To find where the cards went after the cataclysm. Eek!

... I am just going outside, gentlemen. I may be some time.

The West Wing>The Rookie Declan Art Gallery
The West Wing>The Archives>The Sound of Children Chuckling from DEEP Within
The West Wing>The Music Rooms Corridor>Examination Hall
The East Wing>East Wing Corridor

Dev found all those.

Profile Email
Content generated in: 0.80 seconds
New Topic Post Reply